Notices

Grat Pack's 10 nightly gratitude items and more- pt 5

Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
Thanks Fands - and what better place indeed?

Definitely saved a lot of $$$ - and not only on alcohol, but also on things that I thought I needed and wanted but really didn't, as I was just trying to fill up a big hole inside.

Fandy, you've taught me so much, especially about maintaining a sense of humor and perspective when I feel like running around like Chicken Little squawking that the sky is falling. Rule 62, ya know. And also about not allowing myself to be anyone's doormat. Love that strength you have

Thanks for your support and care, my buddy
BUT!!!!! the sky IS FALLING!!!! RZ told me so???

oh i'm soooo confused!!! (and pulling your leg girly-girl)...

raining cats and dogs here...but it's not snow.

grateful to be off from work tomorrow...we will have coffee in the AM Sneeze!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well it's good to have that clarified because I'd hate to waste all that worrying if it weren't true

I would say that RZ is my Cowardly Lion (to keep on with the analogy, though he's hardly cowardly) but really he's more like the male version of Glinda the Good Witch, always there with encouragement and words of wisdom ("'You've always had the power to go back to Kansas. Now those magic slippers will take you home in two seconds.") RZ do you float in on a bubble too? Thanks pal

Reub - I ran out of Oz characters but if I could create a new one, you'd be there! Thanks for your friendship, your sense of humor that has kept me laughing through discouragement, and your commitment to getting through all of this in one piece. Have learned a lot from you

Newby, good to see you on this thread more and there's hardly a post on the grat forum where you don't make me smile and feel like I can keep on going one more day. Thank you my buddy and for the new word every day too

To everyone else reading this, I'm grateful that you're part of SR and support us all. I don't know what I would have done without this place and the people here over the last two years.

As you can see, I woke up and can't go back to sleep so thought I'd continue my thanks. Take care everyone
Old 12-28-2011, 03:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I now have the song going through my head...."if I only had a brain".....(hmmm, I thing it's on Michael Buble's greatest hits CD)....didn't the Tin man sing that?

well let's hope I have some good grats in me tonight after hosting dinner for 10 people....but there is no wild panic in sobriety these days....i can pull this off with a little organization and "help" from the cats....i found a bottle of wine i bought (for others)....rolling around on the living room floor...the cats like Austrailian chardonnay???
Old 12-28-2011, 03:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

a pink cloud bubble sneeze

yep, the lion fands
Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The cowardly lion had great big hair....(must be WEN)

it will be either grats or whines tonight,stay tuned, gotta get started on the day, later guys.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Good luck on your party tonight Fands I know you'll be a gracious host.

I love the Oz..
Old 12-28-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

the lion was from Jawsey !
Old 12-28-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thought he was a nutmegger
Old 12-29-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

nope, the scarecrow is! lol
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

HE was the one who sang...."if I only had a brain"!! the lion needed courage, the tin man wanted a heart....(me too)
Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Goody Goody now that we have that all figured out kiddies can we do Dr Seuss next?

Green Eggs & Ham
Old 12-29-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

lol!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

for breakfast!

waiting on HL and sneeze....Reubie!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Here! What's for breakfast?

Seriously, I got on the scale and I've gained 5 - count 'em - 5 pounds over the holidays, and they're not even over yet!!!!

Definitely have to get back with the program. Yesterday was better - it's the going out to eat and the huge portions. And the holiday meals with the family, and ALL THAT FOOD. And old family favorites that I just can't resist seconds of "because we only get it at Christmas."

Grateful that I have food to eat and a great family to celebrate the holidays with.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:08 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

i am donating my chocolate truffles to the needy thin people....it's hard to part with peppermint bark too, but i need to purge the house....

i'll keep the dark chocolate pomigranites because they are "healthy".
Old 12-30-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
i
i'll keep the dark chocolate pomigranites because they are "healthy".
That's right, pomegranites being fruit and all
Old 12-30-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Final post for quite awhile, but I thought I would end it with a gratitude for a wonderful 2011 -

1. Grateful for God and a faith that has grown by many levels this year.

2. Grateful for a family that is always so giving and loving. Not sure what I did to deserve them, but I'm not going to let them go.

3. Grateful for friends on here that I feel like I know and would love to meet. You have all become my sober family and I couldn't do this without you. It would be way too boring. To say you brighten my days is an understatement.

4. Grateful for having a house that has sold in really not such a long period of time considering the market. To have gotten through the many ups and downs and now appreciating the even smooth sailing to NY.

5. Grateful to have found enough money to hire people to load and unload the moving truck for us. Didn't know how we would do it with the snow that has fallen here.

6. Grateful for all our needs having been met to the point our cups overflow.

7. Grateful for my husband's new and awesome job that he loves.

8. Grateful for having opened a Virtual Assistant business and having 1 client already.

9. Grateful for my Mom getting better after that scare we had this past Summer.

10. Grateful for love, laughter and being sober. I feel so much better about my life. I feel so much happier and the depression and the hills and valleys are almost nonexistent. Even with the stress we've had I would NEVER think to pick up a drink. I had thought of a cigarette, but my son would have killed me and that's a pretty bad habit for him to see me partaking in. I faced it head on and am happy that at age 45 years I'm now able to deal with life instead of running and hiding. Guess I can put my big girl panties on and face the world.

God bless you all and may all your sober wishes and dreams come true in 2012. I will be back after we are moved in the new house and have internet and IF I can come back before that from a hotel room on the road I will. Stay safe everyone!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Beautiful post, HL, from a beautiful person

Wishing you safe travels and have FUN!!!!! You're starting a new adventure!!!

We'll be happy to have you back whenever you can get here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and BON VOYAGE!!!

Old 12-31-2011, 02:57 AM
  # 40 (permalink)