Notices

Part 4 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items & more!

Old 07-24-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

eveing gratitudes for Sunday

grateful that i am feeling peaceful with me
grateful that I think i know what i want....(possibly)..not a big relationship, just someone to keep company with, mentally, physically then go away and leave me alone..until i call you...I refuse to "take care" of anyone or their laundry, no socks in my drawer, and they had better put their dishes in the dishwasher. if they walk the dog it is bonus points...if they don't pee on the outside of the toilet it's another bonus point...if they can cook they might get to sleep over on a Saturday night.

of course this mythical creature is probably as elusive as a Silver Unicorn....but we will see what we can find.....in another 15 lbs. gone.

grateful for my sense of humor, the dog and tomorrow's busy schedule and remembering that i have a big memorial service to attend on tuesday.

grateful that my neighbor's are admiring my new rock wall and gardens...it makes all the ongoing rock carrying and watering worth it.

grateful that i did not leave the water on all night...i turned it off after an hour (yes i forgot).
grateful for getting the right little grill...electric that goes up over 600 degrees...lovely chicken tonight...it was quite good and i just take the element plug inside at night...and cover it with it's Darth Vader cover....it is very spaceship silver and egg shaped...i am *afraid* of propane...silly me.

grateful for sticking with the WW eating plan it is fairly easy for me....hope to show another loss this week...haven't been out earning activity points in the heat. grateful it is cooler tonight...still no rain.
grateful that getting caught in the sprinklers is not a big deal...i am washable.
grateful that I am looking forward to tomorrow morning and all the rest of the mornings....things are getting so much better lately...just in my head.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
grateful that i am feeling peaceful with me.
Love this, Fands. I have been feeling this more and more over the past year too and it is a wonderful thing - took a long time (most of my life!) for me to feel this way.

Reub, thanks for the encouragement to lay off the work this weekend - I took your advice and feel a lot better! You should find out about local fleamarkets - they are really fun and you can find some amazing stuff (and great deals!). I'm sure RZ could educate us more!

Grateful tonight for:

1. The thunderstorm we had today - we needed it - and NOT losing electricity (I wouldn't have cared except for it would mean losing AIR CONDITIONING)
2. Spending time with my parents, really love them.
3. Handing the responsibility BACK to someone today who was hoping I would take it. That felt good!
4. Feeling content with life. Appreciating the little things so much more.
5. My computer that keeps me in touch with the world and all the people I care about, including SR
6. Getting lots of rest and me-time this weekend. Last week was full of travel and friends so this was a great balance - I needed some quiet time.
7. My job - so many interesting parts to it and room to grow, plus it keeps a roof over my head, gas in my car, food in the cupboards.
8. My sweet unconditionally-loving dog who welcomes me home with excitement even if I just walked out to the mailbox and back.
9. A Sunday service I listened to this morning on my car radio and the sense of peace it brought to me
10. The beautiful gift of sobriety and the changes it has brought to my life.
11. God's love and care.
12. SR and the GP - thank you, my friends, for all of your support and everything I learn from you.

Hope you sleep tight - see ya in the morning!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:12 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

RZ's the King of Fleas! lol

without the itch n' scratch
Old 07-25-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

grateful for the drop in temps and some rain.

grateful that RZ doesn't have real fleas????? just the King of the Markets
grateful for another good day and evening....I am relaxing as tomorrow is a big day.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Grateful tonight for:

1. Being back here after missing yesterday.
2. Getting a lot of details taken care of today - and I'm NOT a detail kinda person!
3. God's help in maneuvering through some anxiety today.
4. My friend's successful surgery!
5. The cooler temps - never thought upper 90 could feel so good!
6. Margerita pizza - so simple yet so good. And a Lean Cuisine one at that.
7. Finally finally finally picking a living room color - a light sage green. Don't know what it has taken me a year and a half to figure it out. A long attack of indecisiveness, I guess. Heck, it's only paint!
8. The ways that my cell phone helps me. I was the last person I know to get one because I didn't want to feel tethered to a phone - but I've learned that they're actually very useful ... and I can turn it off!
9. Not losing any more but not gaining any either. How bout you guys?
10. God's love and care, and SR and the GP

G'nite all
Old 07-26-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sneez, my front room office is painted a "seagrass" which is a bit lighter...i love it so much i extended it to the short hallway outside the room....looks good, not too yellow or blue or nauseous.

grateful for a good day, a good weigh, and a light supper, getting chores done and stuff put away...laundry in the AM.

since it is 10PM, i'll be quick...grateful for the RULES (thanks for reminding me RZ), grateful for good state of finances, grateful to keep losingweight, exercising and keeping an upbeat attitude..even though sometimes I don't wanna. grateful for all the fur on all the pets and Fandy's loyalty and hogging the bed all night. Grateful for the Pook who warns me that the deer are eating my gardens. grateful to be in a good mood and having to get to sleep because I am very sober tired.

tomorrow for sure some more!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
5. The cooler temps - never thought upper 90 could feel so good!
Oops, I meant upper 80s, not 90s!

Seagrass - that sounds good - what brand, Fands? I'll check it out.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm not sure, but I got it at Lowe's....they have a million and one colors.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

grateful for a good day
grateful for energy and feeling well
grateful for the hope and positive vibes, the RULES, the fur-kids, my friends and paying all the bills on time.

grateful to offer to do up a fancy party platter for a bar-b-q...and grateful to be invited and i will have fun without booze. it gets easier.

later guys, morning coffee too.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thursday a.m. grats
1) Grateful for the lower humidity the past few days. The heat/humidity/heat index will be off the charts again today.
2) Grateful for happy kids. Grateful that there are a lot of fun options for them.
3) Grateful for this house. It is a money pit but we really like it. We have to get a new front door and a new sliding glass patio door, too. Yike$. Then we'll start replacing windows.
4) Grateful the boys are having fun this summer.
5) Grateful for good tunes.
6) Grateful to have done some stuff yday that I have been putting off for a while. Feels so good to knock things off that list.
7) Grateful for good friends... SR friends and f2f ones, too.
8) Grateful that the computer armoire at the consignment shop that I've had my eye on hasn't sold yet ... Trying to wait it out, the price gets reduced next Wednesday. I might get sniped, but that's the game.
9) Grateful my husband is happy. He's been riding his bike with his bike buddies every morning possible this summer. He's in heaven, go figure.
10) Grateful for SR, the grat pack and for you guys. Positive thoughts for everyone on the sobriety path and for those thinking about hopping on board.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Grateful today for -

1. Receiving husband's 1st paycheck and its very doable.

2. No offer, but we will manage until one comes in.

3. Being able to say goodbye gracefully even though not knowing when we'll see husband again. That was hard for me, but harder for my son.

4. Being able to "try" and go with the flow.

5. Having had a fantastic time at the lake and have returned with a lot more color on my body then when I had when I left. Living in NM you would think I would already be tan, but spending time on the water really brings it out.

6. Warm lake temps that didn't shock me when I dove in. Wishing I was there right now.

7. Animals that I missed a lot! Good to be back with them again.

8. Being able to read friends' encouragement and blessings and feel the energy of their gratitude rub off on me. Feeling sorry for myself is not a road I want to stay on.

9. Being back with the Grat pack!!

10. The rain that is falling on our State. Thank you God for the rainy season and the fires being put out. All is well in that area.

11. My awesome family (inlaws, included). What a gift to have that in life.

Missed you all! Its good to be "home."
Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Welcome Back HL!!!!!!!!!

We missed you! Glad you had a good time and good to have you back!

We've been sending out home-selling vibes so hopefully somebody will bite soon!

:ghug3
Old 07-28-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

welcome back S, soon on the sale, soon, soon....patience is a virtue

grateful for a lovely day and lovely pedicure...(burgandy with carribbean pirates crackle silver).

time for gratting seriously.....animals, time, attitude, and work....rules, weather, faking it until i make it, sticking to the WW plan, steadily losing (i hope), exercise and looking forward to tomorrow and the weekend.

grateful for the season of fresh food and veggies, fruit and grilling...what a treat and is it fate that i started WW at this time of year???? actually making it EASIER????? ( i am so used to my life feeling hard and swimming against the current~maybe i am learning something?)

tomorrow grat-pack, Kona cups in the AM...and I think a side drink of Red Bull shots are needed...I never seem to get enough sleep these days, and i get about 2 hours MORE than when i was drinking! I want 7 hours a night this week....starting tonight....i've been doing 6.5 and it is doable, but 7 might make me feel better.

good night!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

welcome home S

grateful all is as it should
Old 07-29-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Friday night gratitude;

Grateful for the rain tonight so I do not have to water the gardens...i'm tired.
grateful for getting the purrrfect grill! it does the job and does not intimidate me...(i am a big chicken with propane...the is electric and goes to 700 degrees! HHOOOO-HAH! the grilling is good!!! lovely split chix breasts with worchesteshire sauce and seasonings, lovely juicy and cooked perfectly...easy to clean up too....I cover the reflector plate with heavy duty foil and run it through the dishwasher....

grateful to laugh that the grill looks like Darth Vader with the cover on...and that I can remember Star Wars Movies..my brain still works!

grateful for sobriety, sound sleep and exercise every evening...me and the dog can work out together....longer walks and better sleep.

grateful to look forward to the morning and tomorrow...I do not dread my own company.
grateful for my family who loves me.
grateful for those RULES #62 and 32 of course.
grateful to tease my "old elders" here, right RZ???? i adore you old man.....
grateful for my loving cats and the wonder-dog...they depend on me and I depend on them too....time for a good bath tomorrow for the dog.....he sits in the kitchen sink and loves it....I think he needs to have a WEN treatment for itchy skin...tea tree oil...then his fur will shine and be very smooth and glossy....I let him pick out his bandana for the day.

good night grat pack! Kona in the AM and fresh cantelope! (go WWatcher and losing 2 lbs. this week)!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Grateful this Friday night for:

1. Friday night - whoohoo!!!!
2. An unexpected Thai lunch - I was good and had the steamed rice and veggies but I was craving the pad thai
3. Continuing to see some turnaround in work relationships - more teamwork, mutual respect, SMILES!
4. Yep, Rule 32 and 64
5. Least's little dog Riley's life (Beagirl) and least's love for her. RIP sweet Riley.
6. The calm I felt today, despite being very busy at work with deadlines and lots of things to juggle.
7. A trip to the Farmer's Market tomorrow for fruit and veggies and maybe some flowers
8. A family birthday.
9. My little dog curled up next to me. A number of beloved animals I know have passed away just recently and I know how hard it is, having lost some wonderful ones myself. Just want to appreciate every minute of her.
10. God's love and care for all of us.
11. Fandy's weight loss - 2 lbs - woot woot!

Gnite GP, stay cool if it's as hot there as it is here!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

right fands, (wink)

keep um coming!
Old 07-30-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
4. Yep, Rule 32 and 64
Me too Sneeze, although I have no clue what 64 is?

Saturday a.m. grats

1) Grateful for a great life. Grateful I am able to enjoy it now that I've been off the hooch for a while.
2) Grateful for Luigi... I was spying on him this morning. He was playing with his Thomas trains... Hilarious! He plays so well by himself. His older 2 brothers never mastered that as they have always have had each other. But that is good, too.
3) Grateful for Yin's gorgeous hair, I am so jealous. Thinking about taking him to my stylist friend for a hair cut. He doesn't want me to cut it short because he likes his curls .
4) Grateful for Yang as he keeps it real
5) Grateful for my husband who is out on a 60 mile bike ride right now. Wow!
6) Grateful I love our new house.
7) Grateful for our 2 pooches.
8) Grateful for family and friends.
9) Grateful to have plans to be productive today. We'll see.
10) Grateful for SR, the grat pack, you guys, and the 3 Rules ().

Have a safe and fun Saturday everyone.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:24 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
Me too Sneeze, although I have no clue what 64 is?

10) Grateful for SR, the grat pack, you guys, and the 3 Rules ().
Reub

Rule 64 - Don't write your grats until you've had your second cup of coffee
Old 07-30-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Oh I thought Rule #64 was jumping ahead to something I need to practice....I'm getting pretty good at #32 and #62.....

we could MAKE a rule #64, but should do #63 first to be neat.

it could be Rule #63~grateful for making each day count!