Notices

Part 4 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items & more!

Old 07-30-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
it could be Rule #63~grateful for making each day count!
I like it, I like it!

Hey, I've now lost a total of 6.5 lbs! Yee-hoo!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:59 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm in on Rule #63

WTG on the weight loss Sneeze and Fands!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

yes, I managed to get 8.5 lbs. off during the month of July with WW. and I have another 25 to go.....baby steps, baby steps, every ounce gone counts for me.

and i like the 4 inches off of my waist too!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Sunday a.m. grats

1) Grateful to be planning on Rule 63ing it today. Will be heading out with my aunt on an early afternoon drive. We might go to some open houses and I'm sure we will hit some consignment shops.

2) Grateful to be blessed with my 3 boys. Grateful to have been able to adopt them. Grateful for their birth mothers and their birth families.

3) Grateful for a really good friend IRL.

4) Grateful my husband is very happy. Grateful he can get his biking in most days this summer. If not, grateful he can hit the gym.

5) Grateful I really really really am planning on hitting the gym once school starts. Luigi and I can go there in the morning after Yin and Yang Jrs' bus picks them up.

6) Grateful to be able to have achievable goals, and not wilded out, wine induced ones. Grateful to be living like a sane person for the first time in my life. I don't ever think I will ever be "sane" but at least I plan to be sober.

7) Grateful to be clued in to Codependency. Holy cow. Grateful I can detect some of my codie instincts and change my behavior before I code out. Grateful I can be aware of codie behaviors in my family and act accordingly by keeping my distance.

8) Grateful I haven't had a wine induced, crazed out argument with my husband in a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time. Last argument we had was a few months ago, there was no wine involved, and of course, I was right .

9) Grateful that my kids will have fun next weekends at the In-laws. Grateful I can be a big girl and go, even though I am dreading it.

10) Grateful for SR, the grat pack and my good grat buddies. Have a decent Sunday everyone
Old 07-31-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm grateful to practice Rule #63 today.... I am making today count.

my biggest project is my body these days and getting it back to a healthy weight...it ain't gonna happen overnight and wishing won't make it so....but going to the gym today, walking my dog consistently and eating the correct way is a big step in the right direction....I can't lose 15 lbs. this week, but I can take a small chunk of that and run with it...(instead of waddle).

I hope you all have a fantastic Rule #63 day.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

You two made me laugh this morning with Rule 63, wishing for 15 lbs in a week, being right in arguments with husbands, and general goofiness

I'll be back later today for mine - and it will definitely be a Rule 63 kinda day!
Old 07-31-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

grateful for holding my tongue and not getting deleted...everyone can be ignorant sometimes, it is best to be tolerant (or use that ignore key).

grateful that I went to the gym today and actually enjoyed it...If I spent 45 mins. like that every day, it would be fantastic and help me lose weight more quickly...but that is a fantasy...however i can certainly get to the gym 2-3 times a week....and enjoy it.

grateful for Rule #62....may others know it and follow it...( i am swallowing my anger here).

grateful for a beautiful warm/hot sunny day, being physiclly tired and hoping for a good night's sleep.

grateful for good friends and common sense and patience. good night grat-pack...morning Kona tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Grateful this Sunday night for:

1. My job - I can't believe how fast the weekend flew by (maybe because I worked some on Saturday) and while I want to complain about it, I think instead I'll focus on feeling grateful that I am employed!
2. The rain yesterday and today - everything is dewy and green, not parched and toppling over. Though the dog park was pretty soggy and the dogs pretty muddy
3. The person who was driving me kind of crazy with his not making a decision - made a decision! Actually, I guess I should say I was driving myself crazy with my frustration. I hope he follows through...
4. Hanging out with my dad this weekend. We've always had a great relationship and just like to be together.
5. The basil I grew this summer in pots that has really taken off! First summer I've had much success with it.
6. Taking better care of my personal boundaries - not allowing work to consume my evening hours or weekend. I worked a little on Saturday, but I realized that I needed some rest!
7. Dropping my farmer's market watermelon in the driveway, having it split into four different pieces, and staying calm and serene. I did utter a few expletives very quietly though
8. Waking up after a drinking dream and feeling very relieved that it wasn't true. I haven't had a dream like that in a long time - do they ever fully stop?
9. Congress appearing to get their act together to keep us from defaulting. Though I haven't listened to the news since noon. Not sure that I dare
10. God's love, SR and the GP - love you all.

Have a good night and see you tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

yes, I'm grateful that congress stopped hiimmming and hawwing...because they can wipe out my little mutual fund profits over their snorting in one day of a craptastic market anyway....

now where is HL?????
Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

AHEM???/ i requested HL?????? hopefully she is OK and just busy selling the homestead.

grateful for a great day following all those rules and then some. grateful to feel well physically.
grateful for patience with the dog (he is constipated, enough said??) loving sweet soft as chinchilla cats...paying the bill on the real coat (not chinchilla just a long-hair beaver that is older than dirt but extremely well taken care of and sitting in storage for 3 years).

grateful that my hair is quite thick again..grateful to find a good take out place that is actually healthy to eat.

grateful for being able to enjoy my life, not feeling depressed, but rather positive.

good night gratters...see you in the AM
Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Grateful for:

1. Homegrown fresh basil - mmmmmm
2. The way my dog tosses the extra pillows off the sofa with her snout.
3. Mindless tasks when I am feeling stressed, especially when shared with somebody else and we get goofy.
4. Hazelnut coffee
5. My refinance loan getting approved.
6. Borrowing from a friend's store of confidence.
7. The downpours yesterday and how everything cooled off for a while.
8. Rule 32, 62, and 63
9. The kindness of strangers - love that
10. God's care and the support of everyone at SR - thank you all
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

reappear, reappear

now what was that from?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

click those Ruby Slippers you are wearing RZ????? is there something you aren't telling me???

S, come out and celebrate the beautiful weather with us! we miss you!!! Hope all is well and the IP is just down for you.???
Old 08-02-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I think HL must be recovering from vacation. I've had vacations where I slept for a couple of days when I got home! We miss you, HL ... come back when you're ready!

Grateful tonight for:

1. Keeping my cool today at work with a ton of details flying at me. (Imagine me calmly sidestepping a barrage of flying details )
2. Sticking to my "healthy eating plan" which means no big portions, no mindless eating, no refrigerator-cruising - but I still have my lo-cal fudgesicles!
3. Being able to empathize with someone today - I think I might have been of some help.
4. Finding out that my wonderful neighbors are not moving as I feared - whew!
5. My sweet little dog who is such a great snuggler. And she is learning to play so well with other dogs too!
6. Rediscovering that not overreacting is a very wise strategy. Just wish I didn't have to rediscover it all the time.
7. Duct tape over the mouth is another good one.
8. Rules 34, 62, and 63 - hmmm, did I get them right? Really like that 63.
9. Homegrown watermelon - nothing better
10. Knowing God is with me. And SR too - very grateful.

Have a good night everyone - stay cool!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

RZ????? is there something you aren't telling me???
Old 08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I like number 6 and 7 Sneezy.....duct tape can be a life saver! I keep an extra roll in my purse.

grateful for a good day off, and a stellar week with the weight.....as long as the scale moves downward, it is all good.

grateful to be in a perpetual good mood...must be those rules???? feeling well mentally and looking forward to socializing...booze is no longer a threat, i used to get worried and anxious, but it's just not a big deal.

grateful to have a stable job and a great doctor I work for....taking off a lot of the stress.

good night gratters...see you in the morning
Old 08-03-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Wednesday am grats:

1) Grateful for the rain that we got this morning. We needed it. Supposed to get some more this a.m. I think?
2) Grateful my next door neighbor came over with her best friend. Her BFF lived across the street from me at our 2 houses ago house. It was so much fun to talk to her again, she is such a nice person. Finally got to meet the next door neighbor too, who seems to "know all" about the new school system (she's a secretary at one of the schools). She really made me feel good and empowered about our new school district. Seems HP really knew what he (she?) was doing with our house sale. Loving this house more and more everyday.
3) Grateful the kids are happy. Grateful dh is happy. Grateful I seem to be settling into an unchartered territory that I am almost afraid to type might be "happy" too. So funny
4) Grateful that even though I am dreading the weekend (going to In Laws) I know that kids will have fun and it will all be over quickly.
5) Grateful to read everyone's grats.
6) Grateful for good biz this past week.
7) Grateful the nincompoops at the insurance company didn't actually cancel our house insurance. OMG! They sent us a letter and a check the other day... I didn't freak out, I just called them stat and poor kid on the line turfed my call to another lady. She called me back in about 2 minutes telling me that they had made a mistake. It was a really DUMB mistake though. Sheesh.
8) Grateful not to be tempted by booze too much... Usually seems like a really bad idea. Grateful I can use my tools when I get the urge.
9) Grateful for an easy going day planned with the boys.
10) Grateful for SR, the grat pack and you guys. Have a decent Wednesday everyone

edited to add #11

11) Grateful for those 3 very important Rules! They are tres importante!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

the weather people are very confident that it will rain "all day"...but the sun is shining and the sky is bright blue...perhaps they need to look out the window?

glad to read about everything and everyone.....i need to borrow some self-confidence too...can someone send me about 5 lbs of it????? I'll send it back next week!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

evening grats for this thread

it's been a good day, work was busy, the animals missed me, I turned off Mr. Fandy's quak-o-meter and I am tired....I want to do nothing more than wash off my make-up, watch some TV and get some sleep.

what is Rule #44???? it seems to be on TV???? (NCIS)...I'd ask Pookie, he's the big NCIS fan, aka Admiral Smoothcoat, but he's busy.

i will grat more in the morning...it was a very long first day back to work.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sorry my buddies I haven't been here

It's crazy at my job but will be better by Saturday

In the meantime, grateful for your friendship and support, so grateful