Notices

Part 4 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items & more!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Bump! let's all join in and post now because it looks like it's just me and Reubie.

grateful for a very good day and being physically tired...did a lot of housework and my efforts are starting to show...my front room office is almost presentable, at least it is no longer embarrassing...my linens are 1/2 way back in the new closet. more tomorrow. I want to take my time and go through everything, throw out and tidy up.

grateful I have no desire to overeat and am staying tracked with the points and WW...I am hoping for a 2/# loss this week. I am hopeful.

grateful for all my blessings too.

see everone in the morning for coffee and gratting!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

Welcome back Reub - and you get today's prize for knowing how to spell tchotchkes

Good for you Fands for sticking with WW and starting to see the payoff!

1. Grateful for a great car that I don't have to worry about on a long drive.
2. Grateful for my dog and her old doggy buddies she got to see this weekend.
3. Grateful for cell phones. Sometimes I curse the blasted thing, but it sure did come in handy this weekend.
4. Grateful for fresh ripe juicy summer peaches!
5. Grateful for knowing there is an essential goodness in the world (that I call God) that is far wiser than me and calms my heart, if I will only listen.
6. Grateful for arts movie theaters - good indy flicks, great popcorn, and comfortable seats. Though as I shortie, I do wish they had stadium seating!
7. Grateful for getting better at maintaining boundaries. I am not responsible for everyone else's problems.
8. Grateful to be happy with iced tea and cranberry juice this weekend when everyone else was sipping white wine. It's amazing how strong the smell of wine is!
9. Grateful for a quiet afternoon to be still and take care of myself.
10. Grateful for SR and all of you - !!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

my old favorite Pinot Grigio....now smells like nail polish remover to me??? I have no thrilled desire to drink that..

very grateful I have replaced bleached flour rolls with portabella mushroom caps...all of my boca burgers and salmon burgers are great on them...I also douse them with A-1 steak sauce.

and grateful that the new smartphone has the WW App...for droids...i feel so "knowledgeable"....snort, not.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
very grateful I have replaced bleached flour rolls with portabella mushroom caps...all of my boca burgers and salmon burgers are great on them...I also douse them with A-1 steak sauce.
What an amazingly wonderful idea!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna try that soon. Do you saute the portabella's first or uncooked?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

my old favorite Pinot Grigio....now smells like nail polish remover to me
we hope you didn't drink the nail polish remover fands!
Old 07-17-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good to see ya Sneeze!

Wish I could say the same about Chardonnay, Fands... That stuff has a pull on me and I can't be around it.

Sunday night grats:

1) Grateful to live in a nice neighborhood with lots of kids and kid activities.
2) Grateful for a decent visit with the in-laws.
3) Grateful for a caring family and caring friends.
4) Grateful to have enough plus a little more.
5) Grateful for nice summer weather... Must appreciate it as I will be whining for sure in February.
6) Grateful for a fun shopping trip with Yin today. He's the only one that can put up with my shopping trips .
7) Grateful to be able to hop onto SR anytime I want to.
8) Grateful for glimpses of happiness... Just need to remember the Rules.
9) Grateful to be learning a little bit about decorating. I didn't know that curtains were supposed to be 1/2 to 1/4" off the floor. The curtains in my house are "high water curtains"... about 6 inches off the floor which apparently is a decorating faux pax (hee hee, love being a rebel ).
10) Grateful I'm worried less about stupid stuff. Grateful I don't worry about booze anymore, which has freed up about 12 hours out of the day .

Love to all my grat buddies, hope everyone has a safe, productive, and possible fun week.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Wondering what HL is up to on vacation? Wondering what IWBWI's weather is like now? Hi Rusty Hoping you did well at the flea yday (I found a great store on my shopping trip yday that I might use as an source for my eBay inventory). Kudos to Fands on her WW weight loss adventure... I should try that. Hiya Sneeze

Monday morning grats:

1) Grateful for a fresh start to a new week... Excellent Kona coffee (wondering if we are drinking the same thing Fands), dogs are fed and happy, and I'm in my new office. Yay! Luigi is up of course, happily playing the wii right now.
2) Grateful for my really nice life. Grateful for my husband and extremely grateful and lucky for our kids.
3) Grateful to have the time to do some returns today. Bought a really cute mirror (decorative for my front living room) at Home Goods but it was broken when I got it out of the box).
4) Grateful I can install a ceiling fan. Bought one for the kitchen. Will try that tomorrow.
5) Grateful for a great f2f friend. Never made friends when I was an active drunk, go figure.
6) Grateful to recognize some of my weaknesses and my strengths and apply that to real life. Takes some of the pressure off.
7) Grateful for 2 happy labs.
8) Grateful to try to do my best/the next right thing on this journey. Grateful I don't have to focus on stupid shtuff.
9) Very grateful all my needs are met and then some. Grateful for a job that I really enjoy.
10) Grateful for SR, the grat pack, and all my grat buddies. Sending good thoughts out to you today
Old 07-18-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Tully's K-cups of course! I usually order from BigCatCoffee, but they are not carrying the Kona, swome sort of drought in Hawaii??? but they have the 18 counts at Wally-world for $11.88...too expensive....I am also a big fan of Rain Forest nut.

grateful for another day off from work today...I worked yesterday and it was less stressful because I had no interuptions...no turmoil, no aggravation. Just got the grades started.

back tonight to grat properly.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Monday night grats;

grateful for a productive day, and time for myself.
grateful for staying on the WW program and hoping to see a loss tomorrow.
grateful for being practical and logical, not emotional and a mess
grateful to be fairly happy. not ecstatic, but OK
grateful for the rules and being in the right place mentally
grateful for having hope for the RIGHT things, not the pickles
grateful for financial stability and a very good job.
grateful for real friends, family and everyone here I post with...you guys are great.
grateful for humor and circumstances

see y'all in theAM for early gratting and coffee, I gotta go back to work
Old 07-18-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hiya Everyone - Fands, Reub, RZ, and IWBWI who I believe is on vacay -
and HL in absentia, of course! And everybody else who visits HL's grat thread

Grateful for:
Silly reality shows I can zone out on for a little while
People who take the time to say hello and let me know they're happy to see me.
Fresh veggies from the farmer's market (wish I had some of my own homegrown tomatoes like Fandy)
That cute guy at the dog park with his cute dog
Prayer and trusting that God will be with me in all things
Not losing my cool with a bossy coworker today. I came close though!
My income tax refund and that I am saving it in my emergency fund instead of blowing it on all those things I've been wanting all year
Having lost 5.5 lbs (okay, so it's taken me 5.5 weeks, but still...)
Sobriety and all of the things I have learned over the past 18 months about myself and about how to live my life

Grateful for all of you too, my wonderful partners in crime
Old 07-19-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Tuesday eve grats:

1) biggie for me... Got most of my huge bin of paperwork filed today. Filled a large ceiling fan box with shredded documents... Taking it to recycling tomorrow. Very grateful!

2) Grateful for the nice kids in the neighborhood.

3) A great friend who helps me with my biz and sometimes cleans for me, too (I pay her of course).

4) A good day. I tried to listen more than talk. The day seemed more peaceful.

5) Genius Loves Company, the Ray Charles CD that I've been listening to all day.

6) More productive things planned for tomorrow.

7) Grateful for my Keurig: Yep Fands, Tully's Kona K-cups are my morning fuel.

8) Even though it is really, really hot and humid, I am happier in this heat than I am in the depressing cold, dark days of winter.

9) Grateful we sold the house. Holy cow am I thankful for that. One long hard year filled with lots and lots of lessons, thanks HP. Never would have attempted selling the house if I had still been drinking. Prayers out to HL on her house sale.

10) Grateful for you guys. Without SR and the grat pack, I would not be here posting... I'd probably be on my second bottle of cheap Chard. by now. Grateful I don't do that anymore. Hugs out to all.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi gratties

Grateful for:

1. God giving me the solution to a worrisome problem. Now things are much better - not totally fixed, but a heck of a lot farther along!
2. Trusting myself too - deciding I am as capable as I need to be.
3. Cold watermelon - just the thing to cool me off after a hot sweaty walk with the doggy.
4. A great lunch with a good friend who always puts me in a happy mood.
5. Deciding it's not worth getting "in a froth" (a Fandyism) just because somebody put yet another gouge in my car door in the parking lot. I grumbled a lot though
6. Hot coffee and cinnamon raisin bagels.
7. Extra positive experience with a customer service rep on the phone today - that was really nice and I left a glowing report on the supervisor's voicemail.
8. A colleague who looked for and found a way to say yes instead of no. Very grateful for this.
9. Knowing that we all can make a difference in this world and we're all here for a reason. We may not always know what it is but we will eventually.
10. Everyone who keeps SR going by coming here and adding our two cents - the support and compassion mean so much to us all!

Gnite everyone - see ya tomorrow
Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

it's too hot to work oneself into a froth...we will save it for the winter.

it was one of those days...things are good and I decided to dwell on one instance that irked me....I can stop this nonsense right now.

grateful to recognise nonsens before the rabid "frothing" can start.
grateful for a good evening and one day closer to the weekend.
grateful to remember that pickles will NEVER go back to being cucumbers...it is not possible
grateful to sleep well on a regular basis...NO WONDER my facial wrinkles have disappeared??? one of those sobriety perks!
grateful for benydril because I am itching so much from the plants and the bugs that love to chew on me...I can filet the skin right off of my legs
grateful for my loving pets...it is very comforting to find Pookie sleeping under the pillows in the bed...I like it cool, he likes it hot and snuggly....right now he is patrolling the windows no doubt watching the deer eat my hastas.

see you all in the AM for fresh Kona and gratting! it will be a better day.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:43 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Wed a.m. grats

1) Grateful for good coffee!
2) Grateful for my happy little soon-to-be 6 year old, Luigi. He's my morning buddy.
3) Grateful for the boyz' great sitters. They are like family.
4) Grateful to try to continue the "listen more, talk less" mantra of yday.
5) Grateful I had a good diet day yday. I plan on doing the same today.
6) Grateful I have some time to get some shopping done, boring stuff: groceries mainly, then Home Depot, but glad I have the time to do it solo.
7) Grateful my crazy idea for an office (and desk, too) is working out well! Love my new "study". It's a work in progress which suits me fine.
8) Worth repeating, so grateful I got a bin (seriously, a bin) full of paperwork filed yesterday. I went through all the files, too, and shredded all of the unnecessary stuff. Grateful for organization. I feel so much better about life when I am organized.
9) Grateful for friendship, here and IRL.
10) Grateful to remember why I am here as it is good to be humbled a little bit... gives me more empathy for others if that makes sense.
11) Grateful for all the useful info that I get from SR and the grat threads. Recovery is so enlightening. First time in my life I feel like I am on the right path.
12) Grateful for all the innocent people and animals in our world. Grateful for people who protect them and provide a voice for them.
13) Grateful for SR, the grat threads, and you guys. Sending out good vibes to everyone.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

grateful to read about Reubie's progress! it came at the right time, I needed to draw some inspiration from it too.

grateful to remember to write down the Hebrew national Fat free franks....they are on my diet and will feel like a big TREAT!...along with some very lean chili.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

grateful the day is over for work because the AC stopped functioning at work.
grateful to be home and in my lovely cool house...eating shrimp cocktail
grateful that I spent an hour this evening soaking the gardens so the plants can live another day...(they are predicting 105 here tomorrow)
grateful that I did not overeat today.....too hot!
grateful for the pets and relaxing tonight...and a cool shower/clean sheets
grateful for good news today...i was afraid to open up my email, but instead of bad news it was good...a visit from a dear relative is coming!
grateful that I continue to be kind and move on (i do it more for myself)

good night gratties....Kona for breakfast and maybe some latkes? (low points for WW, spinach and potato pancakes, good with eggs and a slice of turkey bacon).

I will get over the depression hump...I have not had a pity-party since the first week of April!!! I am beginning to remember my old normal self that never gave in to such nonsense. swing the legs over the bed and put one foot in front of the other....even when the cats try to trip me.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

predicting 105 here tomorrow

go reub!

hiya S
Old 07-20-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Shrimp cocktail sounds yummy and nice and cool in this heat!

Gosh, we're all on "healthy eating plans" (I don't use the d word) - you too, Reub? Nice to have company - how bout you, RZ?

Grateful for:

1. Streaming Netflix! If I'm not involved in the movie 20 minutes in - poof, it's gone! I hear that soon it's all going to be streaming.
2. Our very competent and caring veterinarian.
3. The bossy coworker being nice today. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their moods, so I am trying to just disregard the moodiness as much as I can. This is hard for me so it's good practice.
4. The way my dog likes to sleep with her head on my lap.
5. Seeing more and more clearly how much better my sober life is than my previous life. Sometimes it's even hard to remember how small and sad my life was.
6. Feeling content most of the time, though I do have my anxious days.
7. Learning about positive psychology and thinking about creating more opportunities to do things that I value, even in little ways
8. Watching a cute baby at a restaurant today. She was waving her arms all around and smiling and squealing (but not the annoying kind).
9. The rain tonight - we needed it! And we could use some more!
10. Knowing that God is always with me, and SR and the goodwill here.

Btw ...... what is IRL?

Gnite all - sweet dreams
Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

In Real Life....

grateful that Sneezy's new avatar looks like my Slim...(my 15 yo Maine Coon cat, he is 25# and huge, but getting quite lazy~ he does not groom himself unles I wet him down with wet paper towels and he is forced to).

off to theAM, must grat in order!
Old 07-21-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sneezy, I always grow a few tomato cherry plants in buckets by the front door, I mix them in with my flowers..I am so thrilled tobe picking almost 25-35 fruits per day...enough for salads and to share...(and the deer eat them too)....very easy to grow in NJ..."sweet cherry 100s" are my favorites..i also do afew peppers.

grateful for surviving a day in the office on the top floor of a big office building wiht NO AC...oh LORDY, it was so flipping hot..I dripped and put Mitchum to the test...no one passed out so I guess it works....but my mascara was running down my face....like a good boss, I sent the assts. home 2 hours earlier and kept the fort manned....no one came around, they heard there was no AC since yesterday.

if it is hot again tomorrow, my asst and me with split the shift..he will do AM and I will do PM..we can both wear shorts to work...this is one of my "executive decisions"...LOL

grateful that I have two sturdy hoses with soaker attachments to use....my gardens are surviving.....all that $$$ I spent, I will not let them dry out...we are in the midst of a 99+ temps and high humidity, no rain this week...I get up and water and I come home from work and water.....me and the dog too...he dries instantly in the heat.

grateful to have brains in my head...grateful to not be anyones doormat.
grateful to have good news from family and so looking forward to seeing them in 2 months...I re-arranged my work schedule to spend time...I am so excited to see them soon..it has been over 8 years!
grateful to stay on my WW plan and it's just too hot to overeat...grateful for the loving pets who hang with me like I am so perfect...they always love me.
grateful to feel real hope and NOT even thinking about how i can slide backwards..I am moving forward every day...no matter how small...I am thrilled with accomplishing this part...it's a big step for me.

so grateful to sleep well each night and enjoy the mornings...not be depressed...I am grateful that the SAM-e and SJW is helping me.

see everyone for Hazelnut and grats in the AM...my day starts at 5:15AM....