Notices

Part 4 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items & more!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thursday eve grats:

1) Grateful for TANTOWELS . Grateful Fands likes them, I've never heard of them but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled (Guffawing has to be the word of the day, Sneeze ).
2) Grateful for all the little things that make my day fun.
3) Grateful I found the perfect desk for my husband today. Saw it at a consignment shop and went ahead and pulled the trigger. My friend and I hauled it home (took 3 trips), put it together, tore down and re-set up all the electronic and computer stuff (what a pain) and dismantled his old desk (which really was an old kitchen table). I didn't tell him about it... Watched him walk in his office and saw him do the double take... What fun . I can tell he really likes it. He never would have bought a new desk.
4) Grateful my boys had fun today. Love seeing them excited about their summer camp.
5) Grateful for swimming pools. In this heat, they are really cherished.
6) Along those lines, grateful for A/C and fans. Grateful my van has A/C that works well.
7) Grateful for glimpses of happiness.
8) Grateful I catch myself getting excited about a lot of things. I am having a blast putting this house together on a shoestring budget.
9) Grateful for my husband who seems to really being enjoying his life these days, too. We are complete opposites, and that is probably why it works.
10) Grateful to get my daily SR fix, grateful to read your updates, grateful for SR, the grat pack and my grat friends. Peace and hugs to all
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

i eat very good sneeze,

growing up, and working in the restaurant biz,

having a real ginzo family...

i manga well

tonight i just had a salud and some eggplant parm, not fried

if it takes more then 5 minutes to cook, and more then 10 to prepare it,

thats way too long!

i will make someone a great wife someday!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

i love eggplant! thin sliced lengthwise...flour only no breadcrumb....and bake it, then mozz. and sauce it...for some strange reason, i only do linguini.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

:rotfxko

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post

i will make someone a great wife someday!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Awww Reub, that was so great that you got the desk for your hubbie - and I love that it was a surprise too. RZ, thank you for inviting us all to your house for eggplant parmigiana next weekend. What can we bring? Fandy, thanks for the tantowels tip! And next year I'll try some cherry tomatoes of my own....

Grateful tonight for:

1. Lots of dogs at the dog park tonight despite the heat and humidity. They run around and around playing chase, slobber all over each other, then drink gallons of water. They are adorable, every one.
2. Waking up a little earlier than usual this morning and having lots of time to drink coffee, read and post here, go for a quick doggy walk before it got too hot. I love not having to hurry in the morning.
3. Successfully talking myself out of being crabby this afternoon, when I really really wanted to be a crab.
4. Being able to help someone who was really hurting.
5. Learning to be more patient. I find myself hurrying a lot when there's really no reason to. And sometimes, even when it's not so convenient for me, people need to talk and get support - it just isn't usually on "my timeline." lol
6. Chocolate ice cream. The low-fat kind. Popsicles, 40 calories. Of course, I ended up eating 6 of them ;-)
7. Not listening to the gossip mill today at work.
8. My neighbor's beloved sick family member improving every day - they are so relieved.
9. Having a roof over my head, air conditioning, food in the frig and a dog on the sofa next to me, fast asleep.
10. God's love and care, and all my SR friends and friends IRL (grateful for learning that useful abbreviation!)

Gnite everyone - see ya in the a.m.!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I want to go to the dog park Sneeze . Sounds like a blast.

Friday morning grats:

1) Grateful for A/C in this oppressive heat.
2) Grateful the low carb diet has already started improving my skin. Thankful I am doing pretty well on it, too. I don't usually feel hungry. When I do, I can eat CHEESE!!!
3) Grateful the kids seem really happy this summer. They like summer "camp" and they really seem to like this new house. Yday the kids across the street came over for a little bit to play.
4) Grateful for Fands' fat free franks. I never knew there was such a thing... amazing.
5) Grateful for some motivation today today to do eBay. This is my slow time, but I need to get items listed NOW for the busier fall and crazy Christmas seasons.
6) Grateful to have enough and then some.
7) Grateful my parents are really liking their new condo. Mom is being a social butterfly and having fun. Dad is enjoying NOT mowing (he had to mow 5 or 6 hours a week at their old house). Grateful we get to see them once or twice a week.
8) Grateful my dogs are doing ok despite the heat outside. They go out for a minute or two and hurry back into the A/C and jump up onto their dog bed (the leather couch ... what lucky dogs!).
9) Grateful for my aunt... She is so much fun. Glad we've been enjoying each other over the past year. She's a hoot.
10) Grateful for SR, the grat pack and you guys. Grateful for almost 16 months of sobriety. Hugs out to all.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

You and your pack are welcome anytime, Reub - all the GP animals are!

Though we're gonna skip it tonight - last night it was like a sauna at 9pm!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hebrew National....(we answer to a Higher Authority)...they are the best! or the Boar's head fat-free....no fillers, not too much sodium.

so grateful to be home in my AC house...it is brutal outside...and I can feel so sick in this heat.

grateful to be able to rest and loosen up this pinched nerve in my shoulder...i slept wrong and now it hurts.

grateful for watering the plants and sticking to my diet.....i skipped the fatty, oily pizza and can live.

short tonight, i am sore and tired, wiped out...will continue in the morning over coffee and fresh fruit.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hmmm fands, maybe Hebrew National is the real Higher Power? lol
Old 07-22-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hiya gratties!

Grateful tonight for:

1. Having enough money to take my dog to the vet when she needs it.
2. Seeing someone I know stand up to her demons - really proud of her.
3. Low-fat chocolate ice cream popsicles - that's two nights in a row!
4. Being able to celebrate what my dad can still do instead of focusing on what he can't do anymore (that's a hard one, don't always do it so well)
5. The weekend! I have to do a lot of catch up work tomorrow but that's okay, I'll be able to feel more relaxed afterward
6. The wonders of air conditioning.
7. This American Life and Car Talk.
8. Keeping a short leash on my ego which can get a little rambunctious sometimes.
9. My sister who is one of the most truly kind people I know.
10. God's love and care - very grateful.
11. Sobriety and walking the journey with all of you.

Gnite GP - love ya
Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
Grateful for Fands' fat free franks.
Can you say that ten times real fast?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:57 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Old 07-23-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sat. am grats:

1) Grateful for Donut Shop K-cups.
2) Grateful happy kids.
3) Grateful for the family dinner we hosted last night. My 2 year old nephew went on the trampoline for the first time (with help). It was so fun to watch his expression of pure joy and excitement as he "jumped". Grateful for the low-carb feast we prepared. Grateful for grills!
4) Grateful for goodness and good people. Grateful for the innocents of the world.
5) Grateful for Good Orderly Direction. Grateful for higher powers that help us out.
6) Grateful to see that houses are selling in my former neighborhood... My parents' neighbor had her house on the market for over 2.5 years and she is finally in contract. One of our comp houses went into contract this week, too. Happy for them (thinking good thoughts about HL's house).
7) Grateful for the nice peeps that work at my favorite store.
8) Grateful for good health and glimpses of happiness.
9) Grateful to be excited about things again (and not in the crazy manic wine induced way).
10 Grateful for my husband, for SR, the grat pack, my sobriety and all of my grat buddies. Best wishes for a safe and FUN weekend
Old 07-23-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

also very grateful for "Dr. Praeger's spinach potato pancakes"...VERY tasty, low sodium and low WW points...(found them at Costco)...20 in a box, individually wrapped, bake them for 10 mins. in the toaster oven with a spray coat..i top them with just a sliver of onion...but I am betting they will be good with applesauce too...I want to get some big jersey tomatoes today for a sandwich,

grateful to read here to make my grocery list...I have to get those FFFranks myself and the chocolate ice pops! (and a new tape measure, because I cannot remember where I safely stored mine).

grateful to have lost 3.5 inches off my waist this month...so much better than expanding my waist.

so thankful for "Bimbo Toast" don't laugh, get the high fiber one...it is a tasty guilt free toasted bread...(avialable in NJ)
Reubie, I hear that Dunkin Donuts is starting to make K-cups too! can't find them yet.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Oooh, I heard about the Dr. Praeger's spinach potato thingies at WW too (when I did it a few years ago) - they are GOOD, I had forgotten all about them. I like em because they're FILLING too.

We are staying inside today - it is so so so hot outside, feels like 110 out there!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Dr. Praeger...(not to be confused with Preggers) has a some other items I saw at the local Stop and Shop...VERY expensive...I will search costco later next week.

yes, they make a great easy side dish...and i think they were a good alternative to weekend hashbrowns with my egg this morning.

he is a cardiac surgeon so he does not want to kill off his surgery surviviors, i like that they are very low sodium too.

my hebrew nationals were on sale....and they figure in at 1 point a piece! the hormel chili master is 5 points a cup...about 1/4 of a cup on a lite bun with 2 hotdogs will keep me on track for the night dinner....with fresh salad and tomatoes.

I am loving the fiber one brownies too....with a spoonful of sugar free BBunny ice cream for dessert.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

back to the correct topics...

grateful for a good day, despite the heat.
grateful to remain positive and feel less depression, it ain't circumstances, it's the way i react to them
less frothing and more thankfulness
grateful that my head seems to be screwed on straight today..at least it is not 180 degrees crazy.
grateful for all the daylight and warm weather...i need to remember this next winter when i am up to my waist in a snow drift
grateful for my pets, getting out and moving and fresh summer fruit, veggies...they taste so good (jersey corn and tomatoes what intense flavor)
grateful to be me, not a fake trying to please someone else.

see you all in theAM for coffee and grats....missing HL too...hope she is enjoying her relaxation period!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Evening everyone!

Grateful for:

1. Taking a stroll through the flea market today to visit with a friend and having a good time browsing too. Luckily I left my cash at home because I could have spent a bundle.
2. Getting some work done today, though not as much as I needed to. To be truthful, there is a neverending amount of work to be done and I could never get through it all, so I think I'll be satisfied with things as they are!
3. Watching mindless TV (Trauma in the ER - lol) because it's too hot to do anything else!
4. Going to the dog park for a little bit tonight but it was just too hot for a good play session, so we headed home for the AC after 20 minutes.
5. Watermelon .... cold cold watermelon ..... yummy
6. Looking forward to a visit with family tomorrow - glad they live close enough that I can see them every week.
7. A great night's sleep last night. Being able to sleep normally is one of the best gifts of sobriety. Every once in a while I wake up in the middle of the night but it's not the norm anymore.
8. The pleasures of living with a dog - what great companions they are.
9. Really making some progress on my financial planning goals -the most important one being save more, spend less. It's amazing how little amounts really add up - and yes, I'm thinking of the amount that went toward alcohol. Glad that's over with!
10. People who spread love and kindness in the world - that would be you, GP!
11. God's love and care, as always.

Gnite all - sleep tight!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

A flea market sounds like fun, I don't know of any around here but I'll have to check into it.

Sun a.m. grats:

1) Grateful for the rain last night, our lawn looks a little bit greener this morning.
2) Grateful for getting some work done yesterday, Woohoo!
3) Grateful I didn't spend any money yday.
4) Grateful for happy kids, they are really into Beyblades these days.
5) Grateful for our nice house and neighborhood.
6) Grateful for my good friend. Yday she watched the boys for about an hour and then she worked on eBay with me. We are so lucky to have her in our lives.
7) Grateful alcohol isn't what I look forward to. Grateful I look forward to other things.
8) Grateful I am interested in a lot of different things. Grateful to look forward to the future. Grateful to have realistic goals.
9) Grateful to have my camera out on the desk. I haven't taken pics with it in a long time. Hoping to get some pics of the boyz today.
10) Grateful for our sobriety, for SR, for recovery and recovery tools, for the grat threads, for all you guys. Hoping HL has had some good house showings while she is on vacation.

Have a super fun and safe Sunday all! Hope Rusty had a fantastico Fleaday. Looking forward to trying DD K-cups when they come out Fands! (Maybe Tim Horton's will come out with some, too ). I felt that way about my workload at my old job, too Sneeze. Seems like I just created more work for myself when I was there 24/7. Hoping you are able to get away from it mentally and physically today if possible
Old 07-24-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

one of my proudest changes on the sobriety path are making double principal mortgage payments evbery month...i have upped it $20.00 more $$ this year....I thoroughly enjoyed the big pat on my head from the accountant who told me that I am shaving over 13 years off of my mortgage!

I think I spent more $$ on booze and related items than i first estimated, because I have enough $$ to grocery shop, pay all the bills on time, make home remodlling projects happen, save $$ and stick to a budget....and I have not had a raise in 4.5 years....but i am able to work more OT because i am sober.