Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

grateful time well spent following sneeze around the board

Happy Trails sneeze

love you
Old 06-22-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
No expectations!

WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on One Month, petiteboleyn!!!

GRATITUDE ROX!

Grateful tonight for a paradoxically busy but relaxing day. I did pretty much all the things that I need to do on a regular basis to sustain my recovery—prayer, meditation, using my light box, getting outside, being social (a friend came over & we played Rock Band), doing a phone meeting. So...I'm going to bed tired, but not exhausted. Yea!

And grateful my friend who came over is being so conscientious and trying to understand about my eating disorder/addiction so that she can be a better support and we can be closer. I've known her for thirty years and I feel like we're just starting to get to know each other. I find it EXTREMELY challenging to be open with people, especially when it comes to feelings, so it helps that she is encouraging me to talk.

Time 4 beddy-bye!!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-22-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Short grat but big appreciation for growth

So glad we grat together

It's easier since we help each other, good nite!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Grateful to thank god tonight for helping me stay away from alcohol another day.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

Grateful for an old acquaintance who is "testing the waters" of sobriety. He has a lot to learn (as do I) but it's a start and I'm happy for him. I wish I could give him everything I have learned on my journey, but I can't- not now atleast, he isn't ready for it. I pray that God will open his heart and mind to be willing and honest and accept what recovery has to offer. Right now he's just a stubborn dry addict who thinks he's got it all figured out, but like I said I'm thankful he's even trying it out, I honestly thought he never would, but I'm glad he proved me wrong. I am also grateful for the people around my age group who came out to the cocaine anonymous meeting tonight, it's nice to finally meet some people around my age who are serious about staying clean, not to mention we have so much in common.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:47 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Grateful to read your posts! Grateful to have finally achieved a few minutes of meditation again.. Now I better keep flexing that muscle.

Grateful also that I was able to think about something painful in the past with feeling but without resentment ... Pretty neat.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hey grats grateful to see we all amde it through another day.

Welcome peti this is an awesome place where you will find lots of support an a occasional kick in the a**.

Grateful I went to my counseling appt. today

Nite Nite
Old 06-22-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

1. I'm grateful for the calm that settled over me as I thought about what I was going to write, hehe.

2. I'm grateful for my MMORPG, as weird as that sounds. I like being a gamer chick, as opposed to how I used to be.

3. I'm grateful for my little sister, and all the hilarious moments we have now.

4. I'm grateful for this wonderful warm bed I get to sleep in and the food Ima eat like crazy tomorrow.

5. I'm grateful for the fact that when I think about myself, the first word that pops into my head is no longer "junkie". I'm more than that, a LOT more than that.

Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I get so tickled when God sends a clear message on doing the next right thing...

Grateful to go with the flow of spirituality......

Let's all enjoy another blessed day..regardless of whatever happens..Yes you can find peace and humor...
Old 06-23-2011, 03:47 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Missed bedtime grats last night so I'm doubling up this morning....

Welcome to all the new faces here on the gratitude forum.

Grateful for the warm welcome from the lopidor labrador and my SO last night as I arrived home - they care so much about me; and I for them.

Grateful I came home with check in hand and into the bank today!

Grateful my close call with falling sheet rock is forcing me to think about my own home, and that we will start working on my own flat roof this weekend.

Grateful for the small things in life, and that small joys can happen on a daily basis. It is what sustains us.

Grateful to learn that life is not something to be "endured" in between extreme highs and extreme lows. Every day has something good in it.

See you later, all, and have a good one...
Old 06-23-2011, 03:52 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

underoath....glad your friend is dipping his big toe in and testing the waters.

Sometimes it is the living by example that reaches others, and not the words spoken. I suspect you've got some light shining there!

It works if you work it....keep going!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good quiet night at work. Grateful for a quiet house and a nice big bed to come home to. Night.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful that the whole family took some time to cool off in the pool.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Grateful for a ride last night to a new meeting, after picking up the thousand pound phone to try to find a ride. A God shot...a newby picked me up, still a little shaky. Grateful and humbled today and grateful also, Carol for the next right thing. Plan B can be quite awesome!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

good for you sis

i see the P.A.T is rolling around the grats today

yep, grateful for Patience, Acceptence, and the hard one for me,

that dang Tollerence
Old 06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by AmericanGirl View Post
Grateful also that I was able to think about something painful in the past with feeling but without resentment ...
Wow! I so look forward to the day when I can do that as well, AG. Thanks for giving me hope!

Grateful for a good meeting with my therapist for the first time since I got back from Nevada. I told him I was FINALLY willing to do some real work and deal with some actual emotions (egads!) and that I am feeling a certain amount of time pressure to do it. So now I'm accountable and feeling rather apprehensive about this, but I'm glad glad glad I have someone I think I can really work through this with!!

And grateful for the TV show Bones, which makes me cry more than any show I've ever watched. And I do need to cry, even if it's just over fictitious situations that have nothing to do with me. It's odd, though, because Bones is also a very funny show a lot of the time. So, it makes me feel all kinds of emotions. I guess it's good practice. ; ) teehee.

I hope I sleep better tonight than last. Wish me luck!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-23-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Two bottles I didn't drink

I am grateful to be able to say the two bottles of gin I would have drank in these last twelve days are still on a shelf at a liquor store. The 60.00 I would have spent I donated at work to the employee fund instead.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Grats for such amazing grats!

Grateful for the first ripe nectarine of the season.
Grateful my dog made up a silly new game and lies with his back legs out like a frog.
Grateful I trusted today
Grateful I'm trusting tomorrow will go just fine
Grateful I went for a run even though I didnt'-wanna, and turns out a friend needed to talk. She said, "Thank God You're Here!" when I showed up. **{happy}}

Nite grat friends, each and every one!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Grateful for fun TV shows like Glee...grateful for iTunes and ipads and apples

Grateful that I could laugh as Sargent (dog) got out of the kiddie pool walked through the house to the guest room and then shook himself....grrr...lol...this is why wood floors are better Ryan carpet!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Glad to hear you made good use of that money, sweetnov, and glad you had a good session with the therapist, Eddie!

Grateful for a productive day of packing shared with my partner. Grateful on a bigger level that he is so open minded. Grateful to have been able to cook a good meal for us tonight. Grateful for beautiful surroundings. Grateful to live freely.