Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful:

To be of service here at SR.

For the rain.

To have cultivated a positive attitude.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
And I am also grateful - speaking of warm temperatures - that the snowfield in my back yard is finally melting enough for me to pick up a layer or snowed-under and frozen dog poop so a fast thaw won't make it utterly disgusting out there.
I can so relate to that! Was able to do most of the yard 2 nights ago. I was soooooooooooooooo grateful when that was done
Old 02-16-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Ooops...been slacking on morning grate...its afternoon but I'm grateful anyway...lol! See you all at bedtime
Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Grateful to have no plans today other than work.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Grateful for the great consult of an old dear friend yesterday

Grateful that over many years, I've always been able to count on her

Now that's truly a gift!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newby1961 View Post
Grateful Princess woke me up at 5am
LOL. My teenage Rottweiler has decided that 5 am is the new 6 am and starts circling the bed like a shark making little wooffy snorts until I get up. The other two dogs are getting on his schedule because that means everyone gets breakfast an hour earlier.

Grateful that someone I've met in AA (I'm new to AA) called asking for a ride if I was going to a 7 pm meeting last night...so I went to two meetings yesterday and it felt pretty good.

Grateful that I have a vehicle and a license to drive so I can give people rides.

Grateful that I got a bunch of dog poop picked up yesterday!

Grateful for a neighbor who spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon working on getting my passenger side truck door open after it somehow got jammed shut for $25, when estimates I had were in the $100 and up range.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

mor'n GP

grateful

yesterdays history,

tomorrows a mystery,

and grateful for today
Old 02-17-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
mor'n GP

grateful

yesterdays history,

tomorrows a mystery,

and grateful for today

You nailed it Rusty. I'm grateful to wake up sober and reasonably happy, and grateful that this bit of a headache isn't from drinking. The dogs are still sleeping on the bed and I'm having my first cuppa and all's right with my world.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

i'm very grateful this morning...i did my little meditation bit while taking the dog for a real walk, the first one in over a month.....the POLICE interuptted my solitude by blinking their lights as they pulled people over...in my short commute the last 24 hours i have watched at least 4 people get pulled over...it must be that time of the month...i doubt the old lady in her volkswagon on a sub. road was doing something illegal. $$$ makes the township go around.

I'm grateful for my wonderful rain forest nut coffee and finding a flavored creamer that tastes decent with no sugar...i hope to save 500 calories a week if i use it by cutting down on my hazelnut and english toffee creamer.

I'm grateful for a break in the winter weather...we will hit 50s today..another first in a month or 2...i can't remember NOT being cold..(remind me of this in 3 months guys)

grateful to get a little fresh air and exercise this am..even if i am coughing my head off...the dog appreciated checking his "pee-mail"

grateful that i have decided to NOT lose my temper today at work....the electric company cut the underground fiber optic lines yesterday...the entire phone and internet access was lost for over 4 buildings and the hospital....i guess i will resolve that i can drive to other campuses if necessary...or send the pidgeons....so the university in it's INFINITE wisdom...sends an email to tell us about loss of service...but no one can recieve this unless you are at home?????

grateful that my hair is still on my head and not falling out anymore...good diet, good health and good sobriety.

back later if i can....thanks to everyone for sharing....i so enjoy this section of the forum....it is a good thing to read every day....that ATTITUDE of gratitude makes a difference!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:22 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Today, I take my mom to have various testing done to identify why she's been so sick recently. The results will determined when she needs to be admitted to the hospital.

I'm grateful to be sober today! I'm grateful that I feel capable of handling whatever news we get. I'm grateful that I don't want to drink right now!!! I'm grateful that I have a tough a.m. workout to look forward to. In hopes that it will relieve any lingering "freak out" feelings in my body. I'm grateful to be ok...and know that I will survive this crazy life of mine.

I'm grateful that I managed to stop a binge last night when I started stress eating.

I'm grateful that a friend was there when I needed to vent.

I'm grateful for Morning Grat so I have a place to share my thoughts.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Sending positive thoughts for your Mom Chloe!

Grateful to wake up to the fantastic news that my godsons father has relinquished all rights to him and that my friend can now get her divorce finalized!

Grateful that the half hour or so of lost sleep last night was due to the normal type of overthinking that sometimes happens in life as opposed to an anxiety attack!

Grateful the dream of vampires was just a dream....
Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Grateful that I am sober and still able to focus and complete personal tasks during this period of high work stress for me. I may not be very successful right now is not eating sweets - my newest personal challenge - but most everything else is getting done and I am not relieving my work stress with wine nor am I craving wine during this time. I am truly grateful that now that I am not drinking that I don't completely fall apart when work gets difficult.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

I dreamed of evil and demons last night for a brief period...woke up around 1AM feeling out of sorts....because in my dream I was the demon????

fell back to a normal sleep thankfully.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Grateful because V called....a noon meeting ...lunch and shoppping
are in my near future today....

Let's all have another day of joy....
Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Thinking of your Mom, Chloe...

Sounds like intense dreams are contagious around here. I've been having my share.

Today I'm grateful for the sounds of birds chirping and singing outside. It's been warm enough down here that we have the windows open. I love hearing them . . . spring is coming!

Grateful for the sweet dog napping in my lap. He's a rescue and still a terror to people he doesn't trust, although he's gotten a lot better. Hoping he'll be good when we have people over this eve.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful that I can integrate a scientific understanding of drug addiction into my dual-diagnosis treatment plan.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that the servers at the Cafe call me when Miss Daisy's down there by herself so I can 'just happen' to run into her and then drive her home. Grateful beyond words for their help in keeping mom safe.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Grateful to have enough sense to realize I'm not out of the woods!

Grateful that water tastes so refreshing, and for my quiet little lunch reading all these posts.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Grateful i am sober and I could show up for my biopsy ealy this morning
Grateful I know I don't have to take pain meds to get through this discomfort
Grateful for all my sober friends who kept me in their prayers
Grateful to SR
Have a thorny Thursday:rotfxko
Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Grateful this afternoon -- yes, running late for the a.m. grats, but I was out of the house at 7:00 a.m. to take my daughter to right a test in a town a few hours away. Grateful she thinks she aced it!

Grateful to have been able to run errands after she was done, so I don't have to go out until Monday - love that.

Grateful to be how sitting down to focus on my business and work.

Grateful to read all the grats this afternoon.

Grateful to be "seeing" you all tonight.