Animals We Love Grats

Old 01-05-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nogard View Post

Lucky lucky me
Awesome
Old 01-05-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

grateful that my Old Maine Coom boy, Slim is still quite agile, age 14...at20+ lbs. he can still jump up on the kitchen table...(he is a bit of a lard-a$$)....he is also the PRESIDENT of the "Clean Plate Club"....he methodically eats everything, moving from dish to dish....Pookie and Fandy are a bit more picky...but no one misses a meal.

the dog is a vacuum too.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

grateful for animals they so live in the moment
Old 01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Kevin, I am waiting for the time when you open your heart to another dog(s). YOu are so full of love and can give a dog(s) such a loving home. When the time is right you'll know it.

Roomie is back from Florida with her awesome doggie. Her dog remembers me and let me give her a tummy rub when she got back. Peace reigns in the house, for now, as long as Jack keeps his nose out of her butt! She chastized him severely before for getting too 'nosey'. Hope he remembers that...
Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Grateful for the animals in the world. I can't imagine nor do I want to what our life would be without them.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Grateful someone finally put this poor deer out of it's misery.

Hurt deer on Lake Allegan saved, put down

Animal had been stuck on ice since Saturday

Updated: Thursday, 06 Jan 2011, 7:29 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 05 Jan 2011, 4:44 PM EST

ALLEGAN, Mich. (WOOD) - A group comprised of both volunteers and wildlife officials on Wednesday attempted to rescue a deer that had been trapped on some Allegan County ice since Saturday -- but it was too late.

The deer had been stuck on Lake Allegan since the weekend, and county residents had been watching helplessly, questioning whether to take action.

When Craig Ellis and his friend Ryan DeHoog heard about the deer's plight, they decided against sitting back and waiting. Working with the Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Ellis volunteered his airboat and set out to rescue the animal.

In most situations, wildlife officials wouldn't bother venturing out onto the ice after a deer, but in this instance, they were more concerned about human safety.

"It was beginning to sound an awful lot like people were going to go out and try to rescue the deer," said Maria Albright, of the DNRE. "Then, you have a human rescue, which needs to be done in a much more uncontrolled situation."

George Priesler and his wife had been watching the animal struggle for days, and said knowing that deer die in the woods is one thing -- but seeing one suffer is another.

"In the woods, they die like this all the time," he told 24 Hour News 8. "But because it's here, it just bothered us something terrible."

When the rescue finally took place, the deer was pulled onto shore after just minutes in the water, and placed in a waiting truck.

But in the end, the DNRE determined the animal's injuries were just too great, so it was euthanized.

Still, Ellis feels his efforts were worth it, based on the idea the deer is no longer suffering.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

sigh, thanks Suki...

grateful that I have a sense of humor with my cats....i woke up this AM to a bottom shelf in complete disarray....along with the shelf liner all bunched up....One of the cats...."looking" for something...i need to rubber band the door shut....previously this happened in another cabinet, where glasses were broken and the cat was sleeping in the cabinet.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the love animals provide to world... it is amazing. Hubby is talking about rescuing another dog... everyone is excited.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

We have three lazy shiftless cats, Finster, Gretchen and Willow.

Gretchen and Willow came from a shelter and Finster came pawing at our door the day after Christmas nine years ago.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So grateful to enjoy my dogs eating their delicious breakfast. It gives me such pleasure to take good care of them and love them. I too can't imagine my life without my critters.

I let my neighbor's dogs in at 7 am, like always, then went back to bed. When I woke up later there were all five dogs on my bed!!: The peace and contentment in the room was wonderful.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sometimes I think I'd like a short vacation from my dogs so I could get things done without an audience, or "help". Our Mastiff considers the vacuum cleaner her mortal enemy & attacks it every time. Our Lab always seems nervous when I get up on a ladder - or even go across the street to get the mail. I'd never want to be without them for long, though - have become accustomed to their constant love and concern. Grateful for my two content, sleeping dogs today - and the orange "stray" kitty who lives in his house outside.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
So grateful to enjoy my dogs eating their delicious breakfast. It gives me such pleasure to take good care of them and love them. I too can't imagine my life without my critters.

I let my neighbor's dogs in at 7 am, like always, then went back to bed. When I woke up later there were all five dogs on my bed!!: The peace and contentment in the room was wonderful.
that must be a VERY large bed!:rotfxko
Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No, it's a futon, just very crowded sometimes!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Riding Barefoot

Glad that Reina likes the bed that she got for Christmas so she has stopped stealing Reuben's bed! Also glad that Reuben was nice about it.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Saw a Wedge Tailed eagle out hunting, I used to have two on the property ZI owned in the bush
Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
Saw a Wedge Tailed eagle out hunting, I used to have two on the property ZI owned in the bush
That's cool Nogard. And your post made me remember my fabulous morning... I saw a Bald Eagle! It was in a creek and it flew up onto a low tree branch. I was so astounded, I nearly drove off the road... Of course I had to pull off the road and call my brother. It made me feel special .

Nature is amazing.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Grateful for my spoiled pets. I can't think of anybody better to spoil then them. Don't tell my husband or son though. Been cooking some brown rice and green beans to add to the dog's food because they've seemed so hungry with the cold weather we had. Starting to warm up now and their energy level is over the top. May keep up with the rice and green beans as a supplement to their meal. Trying to get the Aussie to drop a few and this was recommended by our vet. I think its working.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I add green beans too, HL, for the same reason (slenderizing ) and it really has helped. Also, my dog is infatuated with her hollow rubber ball that you put treats inside and the treats fall out when she noses it around the floor. So I've been putting frozen green beans (frozen for crunch) and cut up carrots in there instead of treats - she loves it and very low cal!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I also feed Sammy the POM-wonnderful pomeranian baby carrots and cook rice for him with a little chix broth....he's a good weight, 11-12 lbs. but should not get heavier....we are not getting the big walks we do in good weather...he is not very high off the ground but loves to tunnel in the snow like a gopher.

a word of advice...there is yellow snow everywhere...don't eat any....
Old 01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Going to try that with frozen green beans Sneezy. We have one of those toys and I usually put medium size bones in it. Like your idea better. I need to start taking walks Fandy. It would be good for me and the dogs, but 2 on a leash . . . they'll be dragging me to Texas!!