Notices

Animals We Love Grats

Old 12-31-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

my cats crowd around the keyboard to read my typing....like I am a famous author...of course it is hard to type on a netbook anyway, but with 35# of cat crowding it is almsot impossible....Fandy is currently "guarding" my purse by sleeping on top of it.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Talked with Animal Control officer today on New Years Day and he's working. Some people just don't get it. He told me they confiscated 3 dogs over the weekend that people left outside and obviously went away. One had a frozen chain that he was hooked to with a bucket of frozen water. They are all safe and secure now and he said no owners have come forward for them. These are the people in the world that really make reach deep to understand why their existence is even necessary.

I love our Animal Control officers. They do a job that I couldn't do in a million years. I told the officer that I would end up breaking the law trying to save all of them. He said there is that temptation for sure.

Update on neighbor dog - It is 9:12 am and he hasn't been let out into the big yard. I told the officer that he was out for 3 hours yesterday morning when my dogs couldn't stand being out for more then 10 minutes. He told me he would drive by and keep checking up on them and he asked that I keep updating him. Luckily they seem to have him inside today.

Well, Happy New Years and hug those animals tightly. I have found myself giving my animals extra love because of this.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My doggies are really enjoying their new year's day bone.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Roomie's kitty adores my beagirl. He snuggles with her all time, even lying sprawled out on her back! It's so sweet to see how all my critters get along so well... Makes my house a very peaceful place. You know how they say that the lion will lie down with the lamb at the Second Coming? Well, I've already had that at my house as I had a pet mouse who used to sleep with our cat and a guinea pig who used to sleep with me and the cats. So yeah, it's the peaceable kingdom at my house.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Very, very grateful for that picture Least. Thank you!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for little Jack's watchdog abilities... even if he is barking at ck coming home... Grateful for his waking me up every morning when he has to go potty. Grateful to watch them enjoy their tasty healthy breakfast. Grateful to wake up to the dogs on my bed, sprawled out sleeping contentedly. And so so grateful to be sober to give them the care they deserve and need to be healthy and happy.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

grateful for Tobi and Rana, my two Weimarranners who where with me for 13+ Years. Tobi died July 2010 and Rana simply fell apart and follwed heim. I still miss them, still talk to them, still reach down to pat them as one of the was always at my leg
Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

as i'm typing, i have Slim the maine coon spreading across the table, and the Pom is on his big dogpillow in the corner...everyone has been fed, pooed, walked watered and now we are relaxing.

it seems that Jumbones have quite a bit of fiber in them.....pom-poo was enormous and frequent!

Norgard i waited almost 4 years since my Akita passed to get another dog....are you thinking of it yet?

grateful i take great pleasure and there is lots of humor in all the pets...but cat-racing at 3am must stop.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

grateful that I scooped up my netbook before the cat deposited a hairball on the keyboard.

grateful that the dog decided to barf up his throat outside instead of inside...

it's the little things to appreciate....finally the roads/walks are cleared enough after last week's snow for a much-needed dog exercise....i hand counted the steps to the mailbox....a mere 760 of the 10,000 i need every day....but at least the dog worked off some of his pent-up energy.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Grateful that even when I sleep at my Mom's house I am not without animals in and near son's and my bed. Mikey, her little terrior, slept under the covers with us and Charlie, her huge bear of a dog, slept next to our bed.

Grateful to be home tonight and to have my 2 dogs nearby and my cat that hasn't forgiven our disappearance this weekend.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Those furkids know good people to snuggle up to HL.

Today Mr. Hev went back to work after a couple days off & I was left with the after-holiday doldrums. So I am especially grateful for my sleeping doggies (one on each couch). They help me not to feel alone - 'cause feeding & cleaning up after them takes me away from my own thoughts & makes me feel lucky to have them in my care (and me in their care).
Old 01-04-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I have just met a Chocolate Lab called Cargo who loves to dive in the pool and play ball, he is gorgeous and so good for my spirit.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sounds lovely, Kev! Labs are wonderful - mine's yellow. I'd like one in each flavor - Vanilla, Chocolate & Liquorice - but 2 is the max for now.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My dogs are my constant companions. I would be so lonely without them. They are my best friends.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

my cats and dog greet me with tails switching and lots of happy barking every night when I come home...they are always happy to see me.

However tonight i came home to a broken light bulb and a bedroom lamp knocked to the floor...no cut paws, just changed the bulbs....i guess i won't know how long one of those new squiggle ones does last????..it was at least a year old
Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
I have just met a Chocolate Lab called Cargo who loves to dive in the pool and play ball, he is gorgeous and so good for my spirit.
New pet Kevin?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for little Jack (former foster dog) lying at my feet after a delicious breakfast. Grateful that I take such good care of them sober. Grateful to return their unconditional love with excellent care. Grateful for roomie's kitty playing with a catnip sock on the floor. Grateful that my house is a 'funhouse' for kitties.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Grateful that Summer seems better this morning after being up most of the night in some sort of pain. Grateful I wasn't passed out so I could be there for her.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hope Summer is feeling better now.

Grateful that sobriety brings so many positive qualities to our lives and one of the important ones is the change we see from our pets. They reflect us I believe or at least I know my dogs do. If I'm depressed they actually seem depressed and vice verse. They are much happier dogs now.

My cat is pretty independent unless she wants a warm body to nap beside or to be lifted to the top of the washing machine so she may dine on her food. BTW she is not an elderly cat - she is 6 years old, but she prefers not to jump at times and it is usually the times I am nearby. Just call me the feline elevator.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
New pet Kevin?
No, but my new friend looks after animals and Cargo is one of her charges She is amazing with dogs and reached out to me when she heard Tobi and Rana had died.

so I have fun with both of them

Lucky lucky me