Animals We Love Grats

Old 01-08-2011, 05:01 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

quiet in the house today. I can hear the birds talking outside
Old 01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

HL and Sneezy, my dogs' complicated diet takes me ten minutes to prepare, but is so worth it. They get veggies or fruits with every meal and supplements to boot: MSM, gingko, bilberry, garlic and brewer's yeast - I feel like a chemist doing some complicated formula. But their health is amazingly good and it's worth it to me. Beagirl is over 14 and in great shape... and she loves green beans!

I'm grateful tonight for my dogs' unconditional love - unlike my snotty greedy kids! My dogs do not 'measure' love. They take whatever I give them and are grateful for it. They never tell my 'secrets' out of revenge, they just love me. I love my kids, to be sure, but their 'conditional' love can never equal my dogs 'unconditional' love.

having a bad night tonight, can you tell? But my dogs make me feel like I DO have worth.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I LOVE this thread I'm grateful that I've got Elvis curled up in my lap, Mots is at the foot of the bed, Patches is being a "speedbump" in the entrance to the kitchen, and Tinker is curled up under her blankie

Elvis and Mots are my audience when I take a long hot bath...it's like they're wondering "WTF are you doing?!?!"

Elvis has feline AIDS and leukemia, and though I can't get him to gain any weight, he is doing really great. The other two cats are almost 3 times his weight, but he's the intimidator. Someone here told me about swedish bitters, for Elvis, the vet agreed, and he's very good about me shoving the pill down his throat, as long as I say "What a GOOD BOY!!!!!"

I often end up with all 4 of them on my bed, and stepmom asks "how do you SLEEP with all of them?!" and I simply say "very carefully".

Can't imagine life without my furbabies

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-08-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for Felix, Rufus, Zoey, Tiger, Quasar, Shylo, Slater, Gramps, Jasmine. And Annie the dog.

Yes 9 cats, we rescue them..
Old 01-08-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

awwww, (((Bigbook))) - you and other animal rescuers are my heroes

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

but 2 on a leash . . . they'll be dragging me to Texas
HL, I walk my three together, with all three leashes in one hand, and it's no biggie, however, all are older and very sedate so they're not pulling me to the next state!

Forgot to add that they get flax oil and wheat germ in each meal and it does wonders for their health.

This morning I'm grateful to wake up surrounded by my loving dogs. They comfort me when I'm feeling blue and always lift my spirits. My life would not be complete without them.

Yes 9 cats, we rescue them..
My two cats were both children of strays. And tho I only have two (used to have a lot more) I feed and shelter the stray kitties in my neighborhood. I can't do much more for them as they're all too wild but at least I know they have food and shelter.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

we were up at 6AM to do the walking circuit and important business that simply does not wait....(i sure can't wait to use the bathroom and I don't think the dog should either).

i'm going to cook up some rice this morning and remember to take some turkey meat I froze from thaksgiving out of the freezer....i mix it with Purina Pro plan toy breed....

FYI, Petsmart gives lots of valuable coupons when you adopt from a rescue group in my area (we are talking almost $200. in food, treats and grooming) and your donation for the adoption is tax deductable...the pet you adopt will be up to date on shots and the older ones are spayed and neutered or you are given a discount coupon to take to the vet.

my vet only charges $35.00 to neuter a male cat...no coupon needed.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

my vet only charges $35.00 to neuter a male cat...
That would almost be worth a trip to Jersey for me as I want to get Kittykitty fixed this spring and maybe let him live in the house and be an indoor/outdoor cat, he's so sweet. I'm going to ask my vet for a discount, if possible, cause I really want to get him neutered. And maybe that would keep him from wandering so far and being away from home so long. I get so worried when he's out in the cold all night.

Also want to get him rabies and distemper shots cause my vet does discounted vaccinations on Thursdays.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

$35 thats cheap perhaps I should start going to a vet
Old 01-09-2011, 11:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
$35 thats cheap perhaps I should start going to a vet
Do you wish to be neutered????

this is his regular price....My vet is actually my childhood neighbor...he looks like George Harrison did...(before he died).
Old 01-09-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

oh my fands! (with jack benny look)
Old 01-09-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

$35 is a deal!!! Love that $200 coupon deal. We have enough animals right now, but if I ever get another one I will check into that.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
oh my fands! (with jack benny look)
Old 01-10-2011, 03:23 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

i found a suspicious stain on the bedroom carpet last evening????? i guess i am grateful i don't know what it is....on my PILATES CHAIR FOOT PAD!!!

i scrubbed, i blotted, i sniffed...i gave the dog the hairy eyeball.....he tries to impress the cats by lifting his leg at times....but i have no proof
Old 01-10-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Grateful to be able to afford organic dog food to see if that eliminates my little dog's seizures. Grateful to have the energy to put together a vegetable stir fry each day for her... and a small fruit plate. Grateful to be able to afford MSM to help with her problem as well.

Grateful for the love she shows each and everyday.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's old beagirl with roomie's 'mitten-pawed' kitty.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Here's Patches, wondering what all this white stuff is on our deck (it's actually mostly ice)...she flew back in the door, not wanting to find out

And here's Elvis, totally sacked out on my lap. I call him "Mr Butterworth" because he's like a puddle of syrup when he sleeps on my lap.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

everyone is very CUTE! i notice that all the cats seem to be tolerant without losingtheir dignity!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yes...I recently watched The Black Stallion & agree with you 100%!

My dog, Sadie has taught me to live in the moment, at least she shows me how to live in the moment. She doen't like it when I say a swear word.....it's the beginning of what could be a display of behavior that she's not comfortable with.

I am grateful for her! I've had her now just a little over 3 years. She's so full of love & I have much more to learn from her!
Jen
Old 01-10-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

(((Fandy))) - cats and dignity...hmm. When I think of the contorted positions they get in to clean themselves, how when the fall off a piece of furniture because they were sleeping so soundly, and look like "I meant to do that", it makes me laugh.

(((Least))) - love the pics!!

(((jenslites))) - sounds like ((Sadie)) is a pretty smart dog All my furbabies are sensitive to loud voices, arguing (luckily, not much of that around here anymore) and they take cover. They definitely remind me to be grateful, several times a day.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy