Notices

Animals We Love Grats

Old 01-10-2011, 12:09 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

"...at least she shows me how to live in the moment."

You are so right.

I don't always catch on to the lessons my dogs are trying to teach me, but I am grateful when I do. For instance, the Walk lesson. My oldest dog, Sandy has been on thousands of walks. Yet she will be just as excited at today's walk as she was on the first. Same with all the other dogs. You'd think they had never been walked they are so excited.

So when I don't feel like walking, because I'm busy, or lazy, or its cold, I just try to remember how much joy they get out of it and think, "Who am I to withhold something that makes them so happy." And then I usually get some joy out of it too!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When we're walking and my dogs are sniffing every bush and tree and telephone pole I call it "checking their peemail"! Then after checking their peemail they'll often 'send a peemail' themselves.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

peemail

Love the pics! Beagirl and the mitten kitty look like the best of friends, and Elvis! The most relaxed cat in the world!

My Lacy sends peemail too, and she likes to send it as HIGH as possible. Like "my peemail is taller than yours"
Old 01-11-2011, 02:09 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my dogs' ability to "think" me awake when they have to go out. I wake up out of a sound sleep to find them looking at me. They don't make any noise, just 'think' at me and I wake up. Beagirl's done it for years, and the other two do it also. I love being so 'connected' with my dogs.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Love the pictures everyone... will have to get some downloaded on my computer to share with you.

Grateful for the love animals share with the world.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Must admit I'm not really grateful that Jack (ffd) has started his 'spring shed-athon' already!! Everytime I pet him my hand looks like the Wolfman! Little tufts of his undercoat are sticking out all over - looks like he's been in a fight, very ragged. Better get out the brush already...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

ame,

love Elv's lounging
Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

(((Least))) - ever since Mots got "fixed" his coat has come in SO much thicker and I have to use a comb on him...I could make another CAT with all that darned hair.

All cats/dog are still in hibernation mode. I could finally get out, a bit, today, but the roads are still wet and it's going to be 19 degrees, so I'm staying in. None of the cats have shown the first inclination towards going outside. In fact, Elvis and Mots are camped out on my bed...got the electric blankie on for them

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Do you wish to be neutered????

this is his regular price....My vet is actually my childhood neighbor...he looks like George Harrison did...(before he died).
well if I did it would be cheap
Old 01-12-2011, 01:40 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

nice pic of elvis
Old 01-12-2011, 02:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Fandy (the 1/2 siamese on my avatar) woke me at 4 am by flicking the big bushy tail in my face and biting me....he wanted an extra can of Fancy feast...they cannot lap up the gravy-lovers chicken fast enough...fat spoiled creatures...and i give in every time...

snowing up a storm here, we must have gotten 7 inches already by me looking at the lid of the trash can.......

i cannot believe that someone just started the Roomba...argh!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Grateful I took my dogs to the park today where they had soooo much fun in the snow. If I'm feeling brave tomorrow I might try and post a video

Now they are passed out
Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

i am taking a moment to keep a good positive thought for all of the poor animals in Australia who are displaced by the horrific flooding.

Dee posted a number of pics that are better tp explain the devistation there for both animals and humans.... i know we all care.

at least i am putting my insomnia to good use tonight.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:21 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

i saw a photo of someone carrying a drowned Joey,

was real sad
Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Many prayers going out for the critters in Oz.

Couldn't sleep last night til late. Jack kept me company in my den til I went back to bed. But the little silly boy didn't get right up on the bed, no, he laid on the floor on his back and rolled back and forth, sticking his paws in the air and acting silly. Rolling back and forth out of sheer delight. Made my heart sing with joy and gratitude that my dogs are so happy. And all because I take such good care of them and love them so much. I get more joy out of their happiness than I do out of my own.

This is my best reward for staying sober!

How come every time I get out of bed one of the dogs moves over right into my spot??
Old 01-14-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
i saw a photo of someone carrying a drowned Joey,

was real sad
Yep very sad for the animals but the rain also brings new life too, justr getting to much of it at present. We have a large fir tree in the garden and there is either a huge bird or a huge bat living in it., It talks to me when I get up for work in the morning
Old 01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I love my little cat baby Isis. She is always so happy to see me and greets me when I come home. She constantly gets my attention to play. I think I'll go play with her now.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the happy tears I get from looking at my doggies loving their lives. Grateful that they are spoiled healthy happy dogs.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

grateful that i have patience in my sobriety...because the cats have been tryig to tell me just how much they HATE the new expesinsive healthy kibble i bought them....they have woken me up between 3-4 am for 3 days running.

finally i figured it out....i will go and purchase the old stuff today and see if i understand what they want.

however, the dog LOVES his new toy-breed Pro-plan kibble...so at leasti got it 1/2 right!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Shhhhhh........I'm taking my girl to the P-A-R-K in a few minutes..........she doesn't know it yet

Love to see that little body start wriggling when the leash comes out