Notices

Morning Gratitude-Part 17

Old 12-29-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

welcome to the grat pack....I believe that posting grats every day is one of the best positive things i can do for my sobriety.....everyone has something good to share, we just have to find it. (some days are harder than others).

grateful to be up for work with hot coffee and no headache, barfing, aches and pains and swollen face from a hangover....i like to remind myself some days

grateful that it is not so cold/windy so this snow will melt....i think the final total for my area was almost 20"...but 5 miles away they got 31".

grateful for canned soup with pop-off lids....at least i can get my vegetables in and not overeat....and very thrifty for lunch at work.

grateful for all the $$$ i have saved this past year since stopping booze.

grateful for a clear head, breakfast and taking care of myself!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Today, I'm grateful for freshly brewed coffee. (Before getting sober I never really drank coffee but I now I need a little boost in morning. So coffee it is.)

I'm grateful that I've found the strength to separate myself from a few toxic people in my life. (Heartbreaking but overdue.)

I'm grateful that I didn't throw my back out shoveling snow yesterday. (Big thanks goes out to Billy Blanks/Tae bo for getting me back in shape.)

I'm grateful that the cravings continue to diminish and that I can get through the day without feeling like I'm going to jump out of my skin.

I'm grateful to be happy for the first time in a very long time!

Have a great day Grat Packers!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for my friends and family.

Although many times I don't want their help, they have always been there for me.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Grat pack artsoul, not and papa!

Chloe, it's great to hear about your newfound happiness! And I'm impressed with the Tae Bo

Grateful to be learning more than I ever thought I could about the limits of my control and responsibility. I feel like a baby in this department. So grateful for the patience, wisdom and experience of others who are helping me.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:45 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Grateful to find lots of new people joining morning gratitude. I haven't posted in a few days and it is a treat to find new names posting here.

Welcome!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to see more grat-packers! Grateful for my morning coffee, the dogs lying at my feet, the sun shining, and grateful that the van died last night on a quiet side street and not on the highway at highway speeds! If it's gotta die, best it should die in a safe place without causing an accident. Grateful too that I can find something to be grateful for in adversity.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

gratitude

I'm grateful that I found this site, new found friends,positive attitude,honesty and a big one, that I am not in Ma or NJ with all those inches of snow. I better not forget that I am grateful God does not need my help today I am not God Jr he does fine on his own.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Grat Pack, Newby

least, very very glad you are safe!

It's a royal pain to have car trouble but you're right, so much better on a side street than highway. Crossing my fingers it's something simple and cheap to fix!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Another thing I'm grateful for is that when the car died I had a fleeting thought of "I sure could use a drink!" It was only a fleeting thought, tho, as my rational mind quickly dismissed it as a stupid thought. And then it passed and I was grateful for my sobriety taking over!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful
  • For a quiet office (I think there are only 5 or 6 of us here today)
  • For getting my lazy butt out of bed and Jazzercising this morning (I have totally gotten out of my routine since getting sober 27 days ago, which seems odd that I could always drag my butt there after having drank a bottle + of wine the night before, and now that I'm sober I struggle to get out of bed?)
  • For realizing every day there's a whole new world out there waiting for the sober me to explore!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

• Grateful for another day nice enough to melt some snow
  • Grateful I have the physical health to be mobile in this weather
  • Grateful for nice co-workers
  • Grateful for off-street parking
  • Grateful to have awoken early and alert
Old 12-29-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

WOW, I thought I must have sleep for a few days when I seen all the new posts... it is wonderful to have more posting to the grats... SO
Welcome to the Grat pack artsoul, notaloser, papa, and newby... hope you love it here as much as me. It is just good for the soul!

Glad you are fine Least.

Grateful to get up early this morning and out the door by 6:45 to get to the blood clinic by the 7:00 a.m. opening so I didn't have to wait too long. This is the blood work just to make sure my world is fine... I feel great, but a yearly routine check up is needed... only this time it has been two years. Grateful I am not panic strucken about having it done and getting the results.

Grateful to be looking forward to anther wonderful day of adventure and life -- it is just SO good now that I don't drink.

Love and hugs always SR gang!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

i am grateful for my life and the people in my life who i love and love me in return.
And for my abilities and skills
And for Mom, Dad, family and and partner especially
Old 12-29-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Great pic, Sneezy--Little Red Riding Cat!

Grateful for feeling stronger each day post-surgery. This morning--grateful for a warm cup of tea, my cat, and a good book to keep me occupied while I rest.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

glad to hear you are feeling better....rest up and enjoy the peaceful period.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:17 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

I'm grateful for my life as it is slowly becoming the life I want it to be, I'm grateful that I got up tired this morning but hangover free, I'm grateful for my gf who loves me and who I love very much. I'm grateful for my job. I'm grateful to be here.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Grateful for friends who share and care....
Good morning
Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

grateful for friends that are always here,

and there
Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Welcome findingt, glad you are here with us!

Grateful my husband is feeling better after a bout with the stomach flu. Grateful we have a plan B in place today. Grateful that even though we will be quarantined for NYE, it should be easy and relaxing.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

good morning gratties~ (it seems like a good nickname)

very grateful to be up and feeling WELL....not painfully sick from drinking

grateful to hear an encouraging weather report for 40 degrees today, to melt this mess.

grateful that we are almost getting an extra 5 mins. of daylight since last week....I hate this short daylight, it makes me too tired.

grateful that December and this year is almost over....i am looking forward to a better 2011.....2010 was a mixed bag, i need a fresh new year to go with my fresh new head.