The addicts playbook....

Old 08-26-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

i've heard the suicide story. recently. boyfriend said he took about 80 4mg dilaudid and "4 or 5" 10mg ambien. almost had me. then i thought about it some and realized that this was a good explanation for why his pills were gone early again. i talked to friends and acquaintances i have in the medical community as well as addicts. the unanimous opinion was that no one would live through that without needing medical attention. of course, i'm still being told how cold and heartless i am for not believing him when he 'opened his heart to me and trusted me with his feelings'. additionally, he blamed the suicide attempt on his recently having started taking cymbalta. back in october he said celexa was the reason he must have 'allowed himself' to shoot up (when i found he had been injecting his pills). i agree with lovemenot, it's pretty much the cruelest of all.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
If all else fails, try the ole suicide manipulation tactic.

I can't say I have ever had to deal with this but I know many of you here have. Definitely the cruelest of all, IMO!!
My sister tried this tactic once, spent a day calling me shrieking that she was going to kill herself. So I called the cops and sent them to where she was staying. Never pulled that again.