My AD and 16-year-old granddaughter in jail...

Old 10-03-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

My prayers for you and your daughter and granddaughter as well, DeVon. Although things are unfolding as they should, it's only natural to feel heart sick. I hope you can feel the love and concern that surrounds you - both from your friends here and from your HP. Surrendering the illusion of control over what we have no control over doesn't mean there is no pain. May you find comfort and hold on to hope of a new beginning for both these young women.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

DeVon,
I am so sorry for this painful situation. I know you hurt for your daughter as well as your sweet granddaughter. Thank goodness she is still a minor. Thank goodness she has been delivered out of that sick atmosphere. Her HP has her in His hands. Maybe God willing, this will be a wakeup for your AD as well.
you are all in my prayers,
hugs
chicory
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Just this past year granddaughter started refusing to come and visit me, which was hard for me to take. She stayed glued to her mother in a way I have never seen before, and it disturbed me greatly.
Sounds like gd as an up and coming ACOA has taken on the 'parenting' role, 'trying to protect the child (mom)'. Hope the Social Worker see it also.

I think you will have your gd back in time as long as AD is removed from her life for a while.

Lots of love and bunches of hugs,
Old 10-03-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I believe that the best gifts often come strangely wrapped.

I believe in miracles.

I believe that God listens to grandma's prayers and all of grandma's friends' prayers too.

I believe that this sad child has been given a second chance in life, at an age where it's not too late,
not too painful and not without great love surrounding her.

Sleep well, tomorrow is the beginning of a new life for this child. All is well.

Hugs
Old 10-03-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I believe all that Ann believes too!

I'm sorry that your heart is hurting today, DeVon. You, your daughter and particularly your granddaughter will be in my prayers today.

lots of gentle hugs
ke
Old 10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I stand firm with the others who believe that this will be the beginning of a new and better life for all. Your GD will have time to start her life over again' and perhaps a new and better relationship with you as well.

Sleep well, DeVon. Tomorrow will unfold as it should.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today is the custody hearing, and I keep turning it over to God.

I had a horrible time getting to sleep last night, but once I did, I slept well.

I wish I was at work to occupy my mind, but the garage called and they have to order a part, and the car will be done tomorrow.

I know that things will happen as they should today.

It's just difficult waiting to hear the results.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sending support and a big hug.)))) I believe this could be a new beginning for you and your granddaughter.

Sorry for your headache, I am certain stress is playing an active role. Awhile back I read that headaches are often signs of dehydration. So try to rest and drinks gallons of water. This too shall pass. Something good will come out of this, I just know it
Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
Sending support and a big hug.)))) I believe this could be a new beginning for you and your granddaughter.

Sorry for your headache, I am certain stress is playing an active role. Awhile back I read that headaches are often signs of dehydration. So try to rest and drinks gallons of water. This too shall pass. Something good will come out of this, I just know it
Thanks for the suggestion of drinking water, Marie. Now that I think about it, I'm not drinking much of anything, and really feel wiped out today, so the headache is still there. I'll make it a point to drink more water today.

I do hope this is a new beginning. I have missed having the close relationship that granddaughter and I used to have.

I did go down to visit her a few weeks ago, and we went shopping, which was fun. However, she flat out refused to come and spend the night with me. I really miss that too.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Anticipation always kick my ass even when it's fun and games. My adrenaline gets going and it takes supreme effort to slow it down. It takes divine intervention to make it stop for even a few minutes. I'm saying a prayer you'll find worthy distractions
Old 10-04-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

We're waiting with you.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 10-04-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Granddaughter has been turned over to the custody of her dad and step-mom!

AD was charged with possession of 120 grams of pot. She denied it all and tried to throw my granddaughter under the bus.

It was also discovered that AD sanctioned having granddaughter's 22-year-old BF living with them. I had no idea he was that old, but they pretty much kept me in the dark.

Dad and step-mom will have a home check on Thursday, but that's par for the course.

Granddaughter has a long list of stipulations, including drug-testing, and no contact with AD or her BF.

Step-mom said they brought granddaughter in with handcuffs and shackles on, and GD said she didn't ever want to go through that again.

I pray that this is a new beginning for all of us.

As for AD, I am completely done with her, no contact.

Thank you so much for all your prayers!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

All is well, DeVon. New beginnings and brighter days are ahead.

Big huge hugs to you, sleep well tonight, all is indeed well.

Hugs
Old 10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
120 grams of pot is substantial enough to warrant a claim of intent to distribute. how utterly disgusting that she attempted to put that on HER OWN CHILD??? and triple ick factor on 22 yr old live in BF. ewwww. that part may be harder for GD to detach from than the rest.....
I'm pretty sure she will also be charged with intent to distribute. I am so done with her I'm overcooked.

I pray that this time away from such bad influences will help GD see the truth for what it is, and she can start to live like a normal teenager.

I'll be stopping by to see the grandkids on the way home from work, very handy that their little town is on my route!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

A chance for a new start, a new beginning.........

I hope what she has experienced with her mother, and while sitting in jail, gave her time to think about the way it COULD be, as opposed to how it CAN be.

Hugs for you and your GD, and prayers for your AD.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Well, to me, this is a positive outcome. There will be hurdles to overcome (like BF) however, your GD is now going to be in a safe enviorment.

As for your daughter...might be time to lock her up and throw away the key.

Hugs to you...Dolly
Old 10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

AD was charged with possession of 120 grams of pot.
That is about 4.2 ounces and that is a LOT of pot. Since she is still on probation/parole, I forget which, that should be enough to send her back to finish her sentence.

And as to gd .................................... I am glad she will be going to a 'safe' home and will have restrictions on her to NOT contact the BF or her Mom. It is a start.

I will keep sending prayers!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 10-04-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

just sending good thoughts and hugs. Does this mean you will be able to visit with gd on the way home from work regularly? I hope so!
Old 10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
That is about 4.2 ounces and that is a LOT of pot. Since she is still on probation/parole, I forget which, that should be enough to send her back to finish her sentence.
She's been on probation for 3 years now. She also served time for felony drug-related charges 8 years ago. I don't know if they will catch that. I hope so.

I'm convinced she has no morals.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Live View Post
just sending good thoughts and hugs. Does this mean you will be able to visit with gd on the way home from work regularly? I hope so!
Yes, their little town is on the way to/from work for me! I can't wait to see her and give her a huge hug!