Helpless

Old 08-14-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What do you do when all of your efforts have failed?
I don’t you all of those efforts as failing unless of course you are no longer willing to keep trying.

We don’t get better overnight; we don’t understand and accept the hard things in life over night or after a few sessions with a therapist or a meeting or two or after reading a few chapters in a book.

It’s always one foot in front of the other, one step at a time, often a few steps back then a few steps forward. As long as we keep trying, progress will come.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This weekend was pretty rough, but I survived. I hit high and low points every other day, but I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't give up.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm hoping that your promise is to NOT give up on YOURSELF!!!!! and YOUR LIFE and YOUR FUTURE.....
Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

artist,
just wanted to see if you had a better weekend this past weekend?
Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in again Nerdygirl

This weekend was pretty good overall. Yesterday was a rough day, but we are both much better today. I am still struggling with my reactions - just when I think I have a handle on them, I have a moment of weakness and breakdown. I cried a lot yesterday and left the house at 2am because I just needed to be alone so I could gather my composure. I drove around and ended up my church parking lot, lol. It was the only place I felt comfortable at the time, and that is sort of odd for me because I'm not all that religious. The only time I ever go to church is for a wedding or a funeral, but last night I ended up there somehow.

By the time I got home, I had calmed down and regained my composure. I'm still learning how to keep my emotions under control, but it is getting easier with each passing day.

Thanks for your ongoing support. I truly appreciate it.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artist83 View Post
Thanks for checking in again Nerdygirl

This weekend was pretty good overall. Yesterday was a rough day, but we are both much better today. I am still struggling with my reactions - just when I think I have a handle on them, I have a moment of weakness and breakdown. I cried a lot yesterday and left the house at 2am because I just needed to be alone so I could gather my composure. I drove around and ended up my church parking lot, lol. It was the only place I felt comfortable at the time, and that is sort of odd for me because I'm not all that religious. The only time I ever go to church is for a wedding or a funeral, but last night I ended up there somehow.

By the time I got home, I had calmed down and regained my composure. I'm still learning how to keep my emotions under control, but it is getting easier with each passing day.

Thanks for your ongoing support. I truly appreciate it.
I struggle with controlling my emotions and reactions daily. It's not easy. It's like breaking a bad habit. Learning new behavior always has good days and bad. I just keep plugging along but I do find myself discouraged at times. At least I can look back and see where I went wrong and try to do better next time. I'm glad you're feeling better this week!