Police just called.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

FGB, thank you so much for the update, dear.

His emotions are most likely to be all over the place for some time, so just keep taking it a day at a time, and take care of you, okay?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
it is what it is

fgb - i am so happy that everything fell into place in this situation - i know it has been a terrible strain on you - but a little good news can go a really long way to soothe a mother's heart - i will pray that the good news continues and your son will want recovery more than anything else - blessings
Old 11-30-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

(((FGB))) - thanks for the update! I hope you were able to get some rest, and enjoy your day off. ((Freedom)) is right - his emotions will probably be all over the place for a while, but it's great that he was in good spirits and admitting he needs help.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
FGB

Update, again!

Back from court. He agreed to everything; inpt treatment, staying at detox until a bed was available at rehab, completing the program, completing all aftercare, etc. etc. etc. So now it's a stay of commitment; if he follows through on everything, he will be "done" when it's all over. IF NOT, the commitment will take effect immediately (upon relapse, not attending aftercare, not taking care of himself.) and it starts all over again, w/o a court hearing. So that's all really good news.

I got to see him after. He said to me "What can I do for you?" Cleary angry.
So I told him I'd try to get him some clothes etc. for rehab. He said "dad has my keys, he will do that." I said, "I understand you're angry at me, but I'd rather have you angry at me and alive, than dead." And with that I got up and left, before the tears started. I made it about 50 feet before I started crying, so I know he didn't see it.

I am happy that there's no bed available yet, and that he has to go back to detox. I love my HP. The social worker said it could be up to week. Good! That's another week sober before he even starts treatment, and another week to observe things happening at detox. The down side is he is probably making friends at detox. But, I'm leaving it all up to him and our HP's from now on out. I've done all I can, I will support him (not financially) while he remains sober, the minute I see a problem, I'll report it. I'm done. I'll follow the law and that's it.

Maybe tomorrow I can get to that Al anon meeting, finally. Thank you all for seeing me through this, I appreciate you so much!
Hugs,
FGB
Old 12-02-2010, 11:49 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Yes. I really hope you will make an effort to get to that meeting.

Work the recovery you hope your son will work when he gets out.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good outcome and a good chance for you to focus on you. Glad you are going to look for that meeting. I used the time my daughter was in rehab to really work my own program hard so I had tools under my belt and got used to using them when I needed to.

I know it is hard to deal with his anger, but as he finds his way, I suspect that anger will turn to gratitude. Hugs.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:39 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I have made a commitment at my daughters addiction counselors request that I will attend 2 Alanon meetings a week and work the steps.She has commitments she is following too, as we are paying for her sober living.I feel like it is so important for US to have our own program..it truly is the best gift you can give your child ( and yourself too!)
Old 12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I know what it's like to hold the tears back until you aren't around someone.

Your HP is definitely at work!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:22 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

(((FGB))) - I'm glad it's all taken care of, legally, and he's in a safe place. I do hope you get to an al-anon meeting and get some F2F hugs and support. SR people are awesome, but it's even better when you have extra f2f people who understand you and care.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-03-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

FGB
"The disease" can say some pretty awful things. Put your kryptonite shield up when the disease starts talking and remember......it's not your son saying things to hurt you.

You are showing some amazing strength and I am so hopeful that you will begin attending those meetings soon. There is so much to learn in those meeting rooms and you have so much to share that others can benefit from.

You stepped out of your son's HP's way......and things are unfolding as they should.

gentle hugs