Police just called.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
it is what it is

you work with a bunch of very thoughtful people, fgb, that was a very sweet and generous thing for them to do and you will definitely enjoy that spa visit - prayers continue for you and your son
Old 11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I think it is wondrful that your coworkers did that and what better timing ,wondering if your HP had something to do with that timing.

I am very impressed in how your handling all this and I am so happy he is off the vent.
Keeping you and son in my prayers.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

(((FGB))) - what awesome coworkers you have, but then YOU are even MORE special!! Someone they took the time, care, and attention to show their appreciation.

I'm glad Dan is holding his own. Yes, the agitation is normal with brain injury, and I admire the way you are dealing with all of this.

Keeping you and ((Dan)) in my prayers,

Amy
Old 11-22-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Wow..sounds you have have a lot of love coming your way...all well deserved!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:08 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey hon. Just checking in and reading all of these posts and updates. Good news that he's awake! I hope his noggin' heals up (in all possible ways).

Many loves and hugs to you.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:40 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

I'm glad to hear that your son, Dan, is doing well. And I must say that was a lovely gesture from your coworkers. I'll make sure to keep Dan in my prayers.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
FGB

Just a quick thank you for all your prayersl Don't stop yet, we still have a long way to go. I love and appreciate you all so much!! FGB
Old 11-23-2010, 03:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

Oh FGB, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. The message board, the nurse, your co-workers: how well are we looked after by our HP!
I am sorry fpr what your son has to go through and am praying for him. I can't but help to think this may just be the turning point for his addiction.
I hope you have a fabulous day at the spa. Just relax and sink into every moment. Long hot baths are also wonderful, I have a company built around them I wish I was in your country to send you some goodies.

Your story just proves to me again that our HP is in charge. We may think things are hopeless and will never change and then bam! things happen to remind us that we are so not in charge.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

FGB
It's so nice that your co-workers took the time to let you know how special you are and how much you are appreciated. The fact that they were planning it before all of this happened with Dan shows how very special you are.

Glad to hear that Dan is somewhat stable or at least they are able to keep him stablized with meds to keep him calmed so that he can heal.

Continue taking good care of yourself.

gentle hugs
Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

So very sorry...

I am sending postivie thoughts your way. Take one second, one minute at a time. You will make it through this.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

What a show of love and support by your coworkers! Well deserved and certainly received by someone who can really appreciate it.

Keeping you and Dan in my prayers.

Alice
Old 11-23-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

How nice...ah, the spa! I had an expert swedish massage in a spa once and it is one of the highlights of my life! no kidding!
Incredible that they were putting it together ahead of time to surprise you and I know it must feel good to them that they were able to give it at this time when it is so needed.

Glad to hear Dan is stable and so well looked after.
You all are in my thoughts.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

FGB...I just realized that this thread has resulted in your son being in ICU! I am so sorry! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you get some good news soon! Take care of yourself!!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
FGB

Short update because I'm exhausted, but really good news!! Dan is awake and alert and transferring out of ICU to a step down unit that all trauma patients transition through!! There are a few things that concern me though; he tried to pick up his lasagna like it was a burger; when asked who made him the card, he said that Ally was one of thenice ladies who took care of him, when in fact it's his niece. I can see that sometimes he's thinking really hard before answering a question.

I know, he had brain surgery just 4 days ago. This may all be normal, and he just needs some more time, but it is a little concerning! He has made an amazing recovery so far, and I attribute it to his HP and all the prayers that have been said for him, and I'm so grateful.

Not sure how long he'll be on this unit, and what other rehab he'll need after that. DThe commitment papers are in place, and the hospital has the first right to act on them, if they don't then I will. I wish I could afford a treatment facility I found on line today, it's for people with traumatic brain injuries, so he wouldn't be the only one wearing a helmet!! But since he doesn't have insurance, I doubt it will happen. I'm just grateful he's as good as he is, and I know I need to keep letting go and letting God help him.

Off to bed, I'm wiped. Thanks again, a million times over to all of you. I'll keep posting updates!! Hugs, FGB
Old 11-23-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

OH, I think it is wonderful news....he has had quite a shock so I wouldn't expect him to be full speed when he first woke.

I hope you have sweet, sweet dreams!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:14 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

(((FGB))) - That's GREAT that he's being transferred into the step-down unit. I hope you get some rest, and my prayers are continuing for you both.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Wonderful that he is being transferred!

Remember to take care of you, and thank you so much for the update, dear!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I've been keeping up with this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers...

It's scary but yet it sounds like he is in a good place with the right people to help care for him and also to keep you informed.

Hope you're able to enjoy that Queen for The Day, and soon!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'm coming in to your thread a little late FGB but I want to just want you to know that you and your son are in my thoughts.

SO glad he's out of the ICU!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

So glad he is recovered enough to be moved to the step down unit. I hope and pray he will make a full recovery. You are both in my thoughts.

Maybe try and contact the place you found. You just never know what they might have available. Take care.