I want a bill passed

Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=CrackQuack;2663032]
Unfortunately, now that the government already has powers it was NEVER designed to have, it's moving rapidly up and taking as much as it can and making as many laws as possible and it's NOT unthinkable that the government WILL EVENTUALLY regulate things as small as coffee and food intake. Remember the fat tax? If I am correct, New York does impose one? Or almost did? And the rest of the nation seemed all too happy to follow along.
well I checked and we are allowed to speak about politics so here it goes.
My first thought is what does this have to do with the thread?
I don't like fat women but I don't reply to threads stating that women were never meant to be fat. Then somehow suggest that if they did not spend all that money on food there would be money for drug programs.
BTW all that "government is to big stuff is your opinion" and not fact as you stated it.

My point would be how much money do we have to give in order to feel safe and at ease? To feel we've done ALL that we can do in order to stop the addict (or make them more cunning in obtaining their product because you know, you cannot stop them, of course unless you kill them or lock them in a padded cell with no way in or out, which would unfortunately kill them). To stop the drug dealer. To stop the criminals. To stop the terrorists? How many freedoms are we willing to give away? You know, the freedoms our FOREFATHERS fought long and hard for? They DIED FOR?

I am not sure any of our forefathers fought to keep us safe from the drug addict but if you say so. (I know mine didn't)

And again, start shedding light on the pain management clinics. Call the police. Call the media. The media will be your best friend as they will embellish the heck out of a story to make it really juicy. As for making new laws and signing bills in order to get them, it WILL unfortunately make it much harder on the honest doctors too.
Maybe if we just legalize drugs we can keep us safe and raise revenues?

It has to be an across the board thing. Much like the home security act that was passed. We all know grandma ain't carrying no WMD's and we all know that you and I ain't either, but the government salivated at the thought of being able to control us some more and we were all too willing to give up our personal freedoms in order to feel safer in our homes and on airplanes. And now you, I, and grandma have to subject ourselves to stupid ritual searches in order to board a stupid plane. Hense why -I- drive everywhere. I know that, for now, in my car my bottle of shampoo is not a national threat.
so you don't support thr GOP (understandable) and you don't speak as a liberal so who do you support? Is there a party that embarrass your vision?

But seriously. Want something done? Don't ask the government. They've botched up EVERYTHING. Including welfare, medicare, social security, etc. etc.
You mean like BP with the oil spill and Toyota with the accelerator problems or Apple with the Iphone issues?

Do it the old fashioned way.Yourself. Gather your friends. Surround those clinics with signs and protest. Call the police as soon as you suspect illegal activities.
If you have no proof isn't that harassment? Are you suggesting people break the laws, become vigilantes? (you are)

Call the local news stations and get your story heard on TV.
And I don't like the national data base for pseudoephedrine. Never have. I refuse to show my license in order to LEGALLY obtain medication. Since I won't do that, that means someone else has to in order to for me to get some when I am ill, OR I will get it off the street. And ya know, it's just too easy to get it off the street. And it didn't stop the criminals did it?? It only encouraged them to be more cunning, manipulative, thieving, and violent in order to get it. Thanks government. I, the law abiding citizen, didn't misuse the drug. The MINORITY of this country did and the MAJORITY is paying for it.
But I need to stop here. Like in my first post, this is a hot button subject and I am starting to lose my subjectivity because of my passion against the government interfering with my private life. Sorry about that..
Your forgiven by me but maybe a more reasoned though process would be more conducive to change?

I am serious though. Get out there and do it yourself! Protest like people do at abortion clinics Signs, people dressed up. Stage death scenes. Stage arrest scenes. Get attention to those clinics.
Just be sure you're right about the clinics you protest.
Yes, peaceful demonstrations are a valued part of our culture I would support that. Then I would want the government to make full disclosure about medications mandatory with very aggressive sentiences for the executives at big pharma who do not comply.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Lets keep this thread on topic folks. I don't think it was intended to be an platform for a political debate.

If it continues to be so, it will be closed.