Who remembers the loved ones in prison thread....

Old 04-01-2010, 10:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hello and long time. i remember this thread from when i was in prison and my mom use to mail me things to read. i have been out for 2 years now and have had my ups and downs for sure. i have had a couple relapses and some very good times and some very rough time!!! i do remember being inspired by several peoples story on here and the thoughts of all of that have never left my mind. right now i am looking forward to having a daughter in about a month and have gotten custody of my 15 almost 16 year old son, and should be graduating from community college with a certificate to be a 'substance abuse assistent' afteer the summer. some shinny spots and some rough ones as well!!!!! i have not been on here in a long time but my mom sent me this link (as she does often LOL) and i checked it out. i remember DAKOTA, BABS, CINDERELLAKIDS, GREETEACHDAY, RAYOFSUNSHINE, AND MANY MORE!!!! there are many memories and many more to make as far as i am concerned! i hope that everyone is doing what they can for themselves and just living and learning and growing to be at their fullest one day. it aint easy, for sure, but its what we need to do for ourselves and our 'loved ones'. thanks for giving me the place and time to post this and for sharing of yourselves over years! Life Change
Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I saw the thread for a few years and it never fit me and then my ex went to jail. And so I stopped in and tried to figure out how to talk to my kid and met some new friends here. He's never spent a long time in jail...yet.

Tonight my kid is with him and just called. His dad's been asleep since he arrived. I don't even think he knows I'm here my kid says. Grandma is there so all is safe but it makes me sad.

Hugs to you all. It's nice to have a place where people get it.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Sean, I remember you, and your mom. Thanks for stopping in and congrats on the coming baby, custody of kids and the certificate degree
Old 04-03-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I remember you too, Sean! You were so earnest about wanting to change your life when you visited our thread. I am delighted that you have done just that!

And a new baby!! Wait until you hold that little soul in your arms for the first time. If you ever had a doubt that there was a higher power, you won't after participating in that miracle!

Best of luck, my friend. We SOOOOOO love success stories!

Babs
Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This thread saw me through some of the roughest days of my life. I downloaded a lot of my postings as a sort of diary of the disintegration of my marriage and my emotional growth. I have just gone back through them to see how far I had come and how important you all were to my progress.

One of the quotes that struck me was:

I have the unhealthy desire to just climb into someone's lap and have them rock me while I cry.

It was on a very dark day......a day you all saw me through.......that I searched for and found that little rocking chair icon.

Babs
Old 04-04-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Babs View Post
This thread saw me through some of the roughest days of my life.
Me too, Babs.

And I learned so much from the other side... Sean and Dakota. Glad you stopped by Sean and that you are doing well. Our paths in life are what they are for a reason, and I know your life experiences and your faith will help you to help others in your new role as a substance abuse assistant!

Congratulations on custody of your son and the impending arrival of a new baby! Enjoy your blessings!