My boyfriend told me he is using again-HELP

Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

That is probably the right decision for you. If you tried to leave, you'd just go back because you aren't firm in your decisions. I wish you much luck.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi hurting. Good name because it does hurt I feel you. I took my ABF back and it is hard. He has been sober about a week now to my knowledge. I am sober too and we have a lot of mutual friends and that is hard. His friends contact me to ask about his whereabouts when they are looking for him which is good and bad.

I have a hard time believing any words that come out of his mouth and I know it is because I am also codependent and I guess not strong enough to leave him (but he does not know that he seems to think I am like a person he aspires to be like).

Whatever bottom line is I am attending alanon for me. Your decisions are yours. We all love you and speak from experience and that is all it is. These are just suggestions not orders, but please protect yourself. I have hid all my personal values and protected all my accounts against fraud just in case. I know this disease. I know it lies very well because as an alcoholic I was never honest with myself so I couldnt be honest with another and I was high-functioning. You are in my prayers and sorry if I rambled.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Lets talk about drug addicts.

Rule #1- THEY LIE!!!

Rule #2- They can't do any drugs, or it will eventually lead back to their drug of choice.

Rule #3- Refer back to Rule #1....