crying for my 18 year old AD

Old 03-28-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Good for you! Have fun and let us know how much of it you had when you get back.

: ]
Old 03-28-2009, 11:57 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I used to spend a lot of time second-guessing myself - Did I **** off my AD too much and will she ever call again? Does she know she can ask for help? - stuff like that. But I now know that no matter what I do or don't do, she will do what she wants to do. I am powerless. WE are powerless. they don't even think about us; they only think about using.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

My daughter told me that she always loved me but she just could not care about me when she was using. So we need to live our lives the best we can and have patience and faith that when they are ready they will find their way. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-29-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope that you can recognize her behavior for the quacking that it is.....! She is trying to manipulate you in any way she to get you to go back to your enabling behavior. My fiance's addict son has told him that we don't care about him, that we never do anything for him etc. It's all quacking.

Changing your locks is still something I would consider. If she earns the privilege of living in your home again, you can give her a copy of the new key.

Please take care of yourself and take that trip with your husband!!! Have a great time!

Hugs and prayers, HG
Old 03-29-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hey Claudia,

I hope you are having or had a good time on your trip (depending on when you are reading this). Nothing like getting away, "move a muscle, change a mood" to get us out of our fears and worrying.

I'm coming late to this thread but wanted you to know that I, too, am the mother of a RAD. Early on I was told to go to Al Anon but resisted. I finally caved when I had done absolutely everything I knew to do and nothing was working. I was fresh out of ideas. So I gave in and went to Al Anon. That was the best decision I could have ever made. I now have face-to-face support and this board. I call that being doubly blessed. I have definitely learned a bettery way to live. So maybe now would be a good time to go back to that meeting. The people are really there to help themselves and you.

I will keep you and your AD in my prayers as you walk your road of recovery.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

My AD, she's 19 now

I kicked her out this past June, she moved to her dad's. On Wednesday, she was arrested on multiple charges (four to be exact) after being pulled over on the highway in Carson City. I hope this is the turning point, but I have completely lost hope in her. I'm doing well, but when I think of losing her forever, I still cry.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

:ghug2 :ghug2
Old 08-30-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. I thought that my daughter's turning point would be the birth of her own daughter, but it wasn't. I now have custody of that child and my daughter (32 years old) is a fresh 65 days clean.

I understand your loss of hope. I have a glimmer of hope for mine, but absolutely no faith in her whatsoever after what I've been through.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

leelee, oh my, I applaud you, taking on that responsibility. your daughter, she is lucky to have you there to raise your grandchild. I know this sounds so selfish but it just seems that addiction hurts even more when it's your own child. I love my daughter so much, she means the world to me and I have loved her more than anything else on this earth for the past 19 years. It's so hard to watch her go through this. She is so naive and so hooked on this terrible, awful, prescription drug.

Prayers to you, too. I hope your daughter continues on her sober path. Very inspiring to hear, even at 65 days, it is something. this could be it. I pray it is.

~C
Old 08-31-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

357girl,

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I am going through it with my 24 year old son. We have spent a fortune on rehabs only to have him relapse. It is heartbreaking. I kept warning him you better straighten out or you will end up in jail and guess what...that's where he is right now. We can not even go see him because it is on the other side of the country and I am not sitting 6 hours on a plane to look through a piece of glass. When he first got arrested I was sick but I realize he is safe there and getting clean. I pray that this is finally his bottom. Several former addicts told me this could be the best thing to happen to him. It is awful as a mother to watch you child struggle with this and know there is nothing we can do. Best wishes. I hope things get better for you and your daughter.