If someone smokes crack in my house...

Old 02-22-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Tonight I was depressed sitting in that meeting thinking this is my lot in life...a series of AA meetings I don't like or sitting home alone drinking or getting involved in dangerous situations.
You should be happy that you are sitting in an AA meeting instead of drinking and getting involved in dangerous situations. Think about it. You may not like sitting in AA, but you need it. Try finding ways to have the program work for you. Don't fight it. It is easy to find all the things you don't like about it, but try hard to find the things that will help you. You are fighting yourself and as a result and are losing the battle. Keep fighting, but try changing your thinking. It just may work in your favor. What have you got to lose? The alternative sounds grim and needless to say, dangerous.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Katie,

I did not read everything here. I will just tell you my story.

One time I owned a mobile home and leased a lake lot. I had a job that had me away from home alot. I invited a girl to room in with me to help her get away from her crack addicted bf.
One day I arrived home on an unusual day of the week. She came running out with a beautiful fragile dress I had borrowed...it was all torn up and he was there...I knew then that my house had been a crack party and I lost ALL my compassion. I YELLED AND YELLED to get out of my house, do not ever set foot on my property unless they wanted to go to jail...and by some odd luck, the person with me had a lockset, which he began to trade with me, installing new locks even while I was yelling.
The way I saw it was not only could they cause me trouble for it being in my house, I could wind up homeless because of it!
That is one time I have NEVER regretting yelling my head off at someone!

Tena
Old 02-22-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

WOW!

I forgot that even more recently I had to forbid my grown stepson from coming to our house as he was active in his crack addiction.
Again, his problems could have had us thrown out of our rental....and we homeless!

No one who has any respect for me at all would put me in that position!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

My daughter, who is my addict, was in a relationship with a crack addict. She ended it but then went back with him. She told me that it made her feel better about herself because she felt he was more f*cked up than she was. That and he also supplied all her drugs. I guess what I am trying to say is that you may be attracted to crack addicts because you feel you don't deserve better. Learn to love yourself and things will change for you. Hugs, Marle

P.S. I am glad that you decided to give SR another try. We all have something in common and we need each other.