I have that uneasy feeling

Old 11-20-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Moose, I hope things are going OK for you and Mr. Moose. It's a hard call but turning things over to our HP is what gets me through the feelings that I can't control....Just wanted to stop by and tell you I have been thinking about how strong you are and I know you'll all get through this. Somedays I wonder if we'll ever not have the thoughts of addiction in our heads......would be nice!1 Smiles, Bonnie
Old 11-20-2008, 02:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Thanks all.

Oldest AS went to court. Will go to trial in February, so it looks like he won't be in jail for Xmas. Not sure at this point in my life if that's good news, or bad news...

Haven't heard anything bout younger AS, and no news is good news.

And I am feeling fine!
If you're worrying, you're not praying, and if you're praying, you're not worrying.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Moose,

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

Re your boys, well, we know the drill. Their stuff is outside our hula hoop so we have to (try to) step back and let them figure it out. Oh, how easy that is to type and how hard that is to do. But when we really look at it and realize that we ARE that first step ... POWERLESS ... it's really the better choice for us. Frees us up to live our lives and have good days instead of days worrying about the what if's.

I know you know all this. I probably just typed that for my own good.

Love you and keeping you, Mr. Moose and your boys (and gf's) in my prayers.

Hangin' In
Old 11-23-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Seems like youngest has himself back on track, he called this morning, and seems quite fine.
(maybe my gut WAS wrong? I hope, I pray)

Anyway he is distraught that his hours at his new wonderful job are being cut due to lack of work.
He's not sure what to do, and jobs are scarce to none.

Oldest son called last night and asked where I was!
HE was at the AA meeting, and I generally attend an Alanon meeting in the same building, but last night needed to be with my mom.
It was great to know he was there, and trying hard to maintain his soberness.
(maybe that baby thing has put him in the right direction?)

Hugs to all
Old 11-23-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

wow, Moose, sounds like both your boys are doing good! That must be a good, but strange feeling

I understand about youngest son's hours getting cut. Mine have been cut, since we are no longer open 24 hours after the robbery. Jobs are scarce and everyone is struggling. I know I'm not alone in this economic crunch, but it's pretty darn tough.

Hugs and prayers!!

Amy
Old 11-23-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Mooselips, it does sound like both boys are doing fairly well...............that is GREAT!!!!

You asked:

do we have to worry every time that, that will put them back on the ride again?
This I can only answer from my own experience. Yes I have been sober and clean for many years. I have several health issues now and have had them for the last few years that give me 'chronic pain' that is only going to get worse not better.

My biggest fear was that the pain meds would eventually trigger me back into drinking and using. So, I sat down with my PCP and we talked for a long time. One of the first things I had to get through my THICK head was that 'pain medication' does NOT take the pain totally away. Pain medication, when used correctly puts a 'blanket' on the pain to make it tolerable. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well that made sense to me. So, I take my medications, AS PRESCRIBED, and out of habit, I write down what I took and when I took it and how much I took in my 'spiral notebook' that is just for that.

I personally believe that if pain medication is only taken as prescribed that it will NOT trigger a relapse. However, if the individual is of the mindset that does allow for relapses then it will probably happen.

I personally, have found that I like being 'clear headed' and NOT feeling like I am 'nodding off' so I take as prescribed and sometimes still have to go in for a Toradol shot when I have a bad flare up. Now, there too, see by trial and error and because my Dr knows of my addictions, she tried things that are not normally addictive. Toradol in pill form can only be taken for a 5 day stretch because of what it does to the stomach and a full shot can only be given once every 2 weeks. But for me it works great as one of my problems is osteo arthritis with the disks in my lower back literally slowly crumbling into dust. The Toradol is a high potent anti inflammatory.

I digress. I know of many others in recovery from addiction who also have 'chronic pain' of varying degrees and have found ways to so that their pain medications do not trigger them.

So, please take heart Mooselips, it is more than possible. Sounds like younger AS is doing better. I will send some extra prayers out for you and your family and for son to find some extra work or for his hours to increase.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Laurie, Amy...
Insert "Thank You" button here.

Hugs.....
Old 11-23-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
rozied

Oh Moose, lots of prayers being sent your way. Hope & pray your son stays on the straight & narrowl
Diane
Old 11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Thanks Diane.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your boys know how to get back on track, they know where help is, and the wonderful thing is that they do it. I think they had a good teacher...that would be you my friend.

Your boys are in my prayers every day, even God knows who the Moosekids are and is watching over them carefully.

Big Hugs and Lotsa Love