What I like about me

Old 08-18-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

I've run out of things I like about myself. I've had a whole lot of fun though. I found that something that was so very hard for me to do, became easier after I took that first hard step. The more I posted, the easier it was. I realized I really do like myself. I found qualities about myself that I had not thought about for a very long time.

I'm not sure why it's so very hard for us to give ourselves the credit we are due. It comes so easy for me to recognize wonderful things about all of you, yet so hard to see those very things in myself. That first post almost felt bad. Like I shouldn't feel good about myself. This has really helped me a lot.

I recognize a pattern here, in the same way that we all have similarities in our stories and the negative things in our lives, we also have similar traits of the positive nature. Being a codie isn't all bad, I'm actually proud to share some very strong powerful good traits of it, with all of you.

We are good, loving, intelligent, strong people that can do anything that we set our minds to do, we may have to hold our hearts in check sometimes for our own sake and for the sake of those we love, but we even manage to do that with grace. We see our own shortcommings and we strive to change them. Even when we fear that change, that fact that we are here is testimony to our own self improvement.

I am proud to be your friend, your sister in recovery.

B
Old 08-18-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Administrator

No one touches my tools without asking...and they are to be touched gently, with respect, and if they need rest, no playing with the tools.

And yes, they will age over time, but with the proper care and respect...they will still run like new if you hit the right button.
I've discovered that as my tools get older, if I take good care of them and treat them with the love and respect they deserve, they are better than new...I don't use them unless I know for sure it's right to use that tool, and it makes for a wonderful project.

I recognize a pattern here, in the same way that we all have similarities in our stories and the negative things in our lives, we also have similar traits of the positive nature. Being a codie isn't all bad, I'm actually proud to share some very strong powerful good traits of it, with all of you.

Me too, Frankly and thanks so much for this thread and the chance to share the wonderful things about being a codie with each other. I feel as if I got to know everyone just a little more and love you even more than I already do! Hugs
Old 08-18-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I had a guy once who fell in love with me because I had a shopvac. It didn't last long... he's gone and I kept the shopvac...

A woman with tools is a formidable thing. I am so happy I am one.

Cats
Old 08-18-2007, 06:16 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Okay, I'm kinda late to this, but I had to add my post:

I like the fact that I can usually think well enough to get the job done, even when I'm stressed to my boiling point.

I like the fact that I can bond so well with my students that they seem genuinely happy to see me in the mornings (that says a lot for high schoolers...). They know that I am there for them no matter what the circumstances are, and that has gone a long way.

I love my hair and my eyes, even if the rest of my body is not up to par at the moment.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Cats - my shop vac has a crack in it. (if my smilies worked I would put a frown here)
It still sucks pretty good, just leaks a little.

Lady - My hat's off to teachers. Especially teenage teachers. Those young people will be our caretakers one day. I'll wager a bet, that the rest of your body is beautiful too. Beauty is defined by what shines from inside us, and you shine. ( -:

Speaking of which, I love those new fruit of the loom commercials that depict women that look like most women, not starved to death. It's hard to keep our self esteem up when society (or hollywood) presents one form as beautiful, I think ALL forms are beautiful.