What I like about me

Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Ann - there I go again. trying to teach guys about a stud. I didn't even catch that one! Gracefully exiting again.

CeCe - you made me laugh so hard. I can just see it. But you are right.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by frankly View Post
said screw it, everything you do put a screw to it, I screw everything.

Wait - You had to TELL a MAN to screw everything - I thought men were born knowing that they were suppose to screw everything?????

ok, ok - I know that was not politically correct - but ya'll were thinking it too right?

thanks for the laugh Frankly - I have a great mental picture of this conversation & of those two guys trying very hard not to laugh!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Frankly, will you help me sell my fixer upper house?

I cant get rid of it
Old 08-17-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

japic - and explain what a stud was!

Cinderella - I wish I could, nothing is selling right now, the market is about to be flooded with forclosures. If it tells you anything, I got this house I'm in for 6800 and just got another one for 10,000 on 1.2 acres. The only people doing any good in this market are the buyers. If you can afford to buy, fix up and rent it till the market turns around, then you are way ahead of the ballgame. But you have to be able to do the fix up work yourself.

I only do my own buying and selling, when I was active working for other people, I got myself so wrapped up in their lives, I would waive my commission entirely, and even give them 2nd mtgs. so they could have their dream home. Total strangers. I got burned a few times, but more than anything, I just couldn't seperate myself from making others happy.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I know it sux right now. 10 months ago, even with repairs needed my house was appraised for $120,000. Today I cant even sell it for $75,000 for that very reason and Im stuck cause I cant afford insurance and property taxes about to come due. Lots of people are asking to rent it, but that is such a catch 22 it scares the heck outta me.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Frankly...........You crack me up. Maybe it was just being in that motel that made you say the wrong thing to those guys. I love that you fix old houses. That interest me....I always watch "Flip That House".

CeCe.............I want a sawzaw! I had a visual.......I'm cracking up.
Who needs a stud when you can buy a sawzaw and make it do whatever you want.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Lobo - I'm shocked!!! Not really. LOL
Old 08-17-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Studs and screws-in Tennesee? Take me 2.5 hrs. to get to Memphis-which way do I go??? Oooops AH has my truck-darn-but sounded good.

Sawzaw-have a commercial one in the yard salewhich is too blasted hot to have. Maybe I should save it-just in case AH ever shows up-hehe-just kidding!!!!

Cee-you always make me smile.

Frankly-you have a brokers license? I was a loan officer most of my life-we should have gotten together. I did the motel thing in the 70s-not a pleasant experience and the motel was at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri,not a money maker but many good memories!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:55 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Moms - Keep that sawsall! It may very well come in handy one day.

Go northeast to the mountains! It's a little bit cooler. The motel isn't anything spectacular. It's really for my kids to have JOBS eventually. LOL They get to run it, not me. They will either take that opportunity and run with it, or not. I'm just having loads of fun working on it. It gives me a sense of self worth and accomplishment. It's got 10 rooms, 4 apartments, l living quarters and a restraunt. But it was built in the 20's and has tons of history. One room we call the 70's room, has all the old furniture including the leapord lamp. It's about the only habitable room left.

I talk to it like a person. Crazy huh? When it starts talking back, then I know I have a problem. Oh yes, in it's history, it was THE place. You know the kind. LOL The locals remember it with fond memeories and often stop by to reminice and share some of it's tattered past.

Plus the old man that sold it to me, used to record everything going on in all the rooms including tapping the phone lines. We found all the recording devices and the tapes. We listened to a few and then just stopped after we realized what he had been doing. This poor old disabled man, was really a very dirty old man. I'm glad I saved her (the motel) from his clutches.

That's taking codie to new heights isn't it? Now you all know how sick I really am.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Just wanted to put this back on top.

What do I like about me today?

I like that I was desperately sad yesterday, but greeted this sunny morning with smiles and calm. Is that resiliance? smiles. Whatever it is, I like it! I like that I have it!

OH - I gave up my sawsall to the new owner when I sold my fixer-upper. I still dream of that saw! hmmmmm.......

Last edited by lightquest; 08-17-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by frankly View Post
I talk to it like a person. Crazy huh? When it starts talking back, then I know I have a problem.

Well then somebody get me some help cause "Houston, we have a problem"

I have tons of conversations in "Ritaville" - trust me it's not a safe place to go!!!!!

this thread has been one of the funniest I have read in a long time!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend with their stud finders, sawsalls, screws, and any other tools you happen to use this weekend!!!!

Happy, Joyous & Free - regardless of the world around me,
Rita
Old 08-17-2007, 02:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

lightquest - you gave away your sawzall? are you crazy girl? what are you going to do when you need that tool? you know, when you need to ahhh saw something...that's it when you need to saw something. LOL

Japic - Oh no, you said the wordie durd. STUD FINDER - How could I have ever forgotten that tool? Yes, it's small, and it only does one thing, and yes I have to admit, I keep forgetting what it looks like, let alone where it is, so I've had to learn how to use my hand to find the stud.....the one in the wall of course, what the heck were all of you thinking? LOL

I like that I have a sense of humor, even if it usually tends towards studs.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:30 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I like that when I laugh it is so loud people have said they hear me from far away. I like that when I exercise with my I-pod on that I sing and my daughter on the machine next to me just looks at me and smiles.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

yourgirl - laughter and song are two of the best things in this world. They heal the soul.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

happy - I totally get that, those guys kept wanting to nail it, and I just wanted it screwed. Venus and Mars maybe? LOL
Old 08-17-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Happysoul...Home Depot is my Victoria's Secret.
You can find everything a gal needs there.
I suppose Lowes would do as well, but Home Depot is the proud sponsor of Tony Stewart...my secret love.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:15 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Ok-pulled the sawzall out of my yard sale-going to print this page off and tuck it in a box for my 3 daughters can fight it out! They are all in the 40s now and should get a kick out of itl. We had 16 units and two cottages. Daughters & I worked our tails off-a no sin situation-sold it & moved back to Chicago, Motel has since been levles and a shopping center put in.E-mailed 3 daughters and they remember our good times,

Hey, since I am going to be single shortly-should I sit on thw hiWAY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE SAWZALL? Hehe-just trying to make a funny?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

CeCe- Jerry and His twin sister Merry Kay, are both Stewart fans. to the core. They loved Tennessee if for no other reason than the big orange T (for Tennessee of course) but they insist It ALL stands for Tony Stewart. My future daughter in law got Merry Kay a full sized poster display from a vender, Merry Kay put it in bed with herself just so she could say she slept with Tony Stewart. She's got it bad.

I'm just a Sears girl through and through.

Moms - can you just imagine, years from now, your kids, kids, kids finding that sawzaw packed away somewhere with a copy of this thread? It's own little time capsule. Throw a picture of yourself in with it, just so they can say wow, this was my great grammie, what a cool lady she was, she was so cool.

Warning, for all you single girls out there, this has been my personal experience. When you have a lot of tools, especially really good tools, every man you meet will do one of two things, when they meet your tools, they will either fall instantly head over heels in love, or they will be so intimidated that you will Never hear from them again. So please, expose your tools responsibly, don't let them be seen on the first date, ease into showing them, get to know the potential suiter pretty good before you take that step. After all, you want to make sure that whoever handles or uses your tool, does so with the utmost care and respect. Some guys will just use them and disgard them right there, but there are some guys out there that will almost worship them, and oil them and take pride in maintaining them. If you just go flashing them around, they may go after you just for your tools! Make sure they love you first, before you show them those tools, please!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:57 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Frankly you have a way of just cracking me up!

My "tools" represent my independence and courage. Everything I learned came off the internet or a book. Regardless of what a man would have you think, its not rocket science.

Yes...protect your tools. If you let everyone use them, then they'll take them for granted...think they're there anytime they want them, and before you know it they're after the neighbors gals tools too.

No one touches my tools without asking...and they are to be touched gently, with respect, and if they need rest, no playing with the tools.

And yes, they will age over time, but with the proper care and respect...they will still run like new if you hit the right button.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:22 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

You are so right CeCe! With proper care they last a lifetime.