What I like about me

Old 08-16-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Frankly...........I have a visual and I love it.

DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING...........And to that I say...... even if they are who cares.....
Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Don't forget to Dance in the rain, that in itself is refreshing
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Wading in...
I am smart enough... Not Einstein but capable of figuring most things out from Math to the knotter on the baler to whatever is ailing my animals.

I am creative, can paint and draw and write.

I am a good photographer.

I like animals and I am good at training them.

I am direct and honest.

I can take care of myself and support myself.

I am Fierce when I need to be.

I have always been very independent (and getting worse all the time according to my Mom!).
Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Elana - it takes a special kind of person to work on a farm these days. One day I want to get back to that life. I want to can food again that I've grown myself. (Someone else will have to cook it). Right now, I have 2 tomato plants and a pepper plant in my front yard. The squash took a croak.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well, all this dancing around the house, I thought was contagious, my two chihuahuas started dancing in circles and running around in circles, I thought cool, they are happy because I'm happy.....false alarm, turns out they weren't that happy, #2 was knocking on their door.

I like the fact that I can clean up dog do, when it's my fault, and not be upset
Old 08-16-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Frankly, I can so relate to your spider comment. What's the purpose in squishing a perfectly harmless bug who is going about his/her own business, even if it gives me the heebee-jeebees?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

an'ka - (I'm whispering this) I obsess about the little critters. I imagine a mom and dad, husband or wife, or little baby critters waiting at home for them, if I do step on one I have horrible visions of thousands of little bones breaking. I know, I know....I'm working on it.

I like that I can see my own shortcommings and grow from them and work on them.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

What I Like About Me

I hope you don't mind if I play, too!

1. I'm able to see (without judgement) differences in culture and communication that get in the way of people working together and help them see it, too.
2. I can see the reality of a situation and do the hard stuff that needs to be done - even when I'm scared out of my wits or hurting. (like killing spiders, fixing the roof or dealing with attornies and the IRS)
3. I apply my unique sense of creativity to eveything I do and touch
4. I'm a littley wacky and inspire others to lighten up
5. I dance through life with the joy and energy of a child (well, maybe not all of the time).
6. I'm constantly learning and growing
7. I'm a good singer
8. I'm attractive and I love being 40
9. I give love easily and freely
10. I'm an excellent writer of really bad poetry. It's an art!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Oh Frankly, I am not on a farm right now, but the future looks like it may hold a different promise.

Today I have 1 acre and a house.. a garden with 12 tomato plants, and a bunch of other stuff.... 1 dog and 4 cats and Oliver the TP unrolling Kittten.

This is about 159 acres shy of what I wish I had and about 19 acres shy of what I may try to have in the future... maybe maybe maybe.. depends on next spring's RE market!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

good job lightquest!

When I started this thread, I found my first post to be pretty hard. The more I posted and read all of your posts, I felt lighthearted, I felt happy. It is such a wonderful thing to know everything every one of us has been through and we still can laugh and love ourselves and each other. It is a testiment to humanity.

All of you are such wonderful unique people who have faced so much in your lives. By sharing a part of who you are and what you like about yourself, makes me feel more comfortable in my own skin. It's OK to love myself. It's OK to dance and be silly. It's OK to laugh. I am a good person. All of you are good people. It's OK to shine.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Elana - not sure which area you are in, but when you get ready, I have this uncanny ability to find things, if I can ever give you some tips, let me know. One day I'll be sitting on 200 acres myself. The TP thing was so funny. I love your cat!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Frankly.. my PLAN is to win the MegaMillions lotto and buy the State of Tennessee (I used to say this)..... tho lately I think Arkansas is more affordable! I could likely buy the whole state and have $$ left over!

I ma looking within a commute of my job.. I am in NY (upstate! NOT NYC!!!!).
Old 08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Frankly))

Thank you for that compliment - don't know that I could say that just yet - but I am able to look in the mirror and not be totally grossed out by what I see - Progress not Perfection -

I shall add my dancing skills to the list with all my other SR dancing buddies - Cause I can Shake my Grove Thing with the best of them regardless of what anybody else thinks!!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

now you've got me humming "shake that booty, shake that booty"

Do you think my imagination is easily influenced? LOL
Old 08-16-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hey Elena, you have to stand in line (behind me) (push, shove) I was there first. LOL
Old 08-16-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I want you guys to know that this granny can "bust a move", too!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hmmmm....
I really like my silly side...It's so fun to get the giggles and get other people laughing too...even if they are only laughing at what a goof i am.

I like that I have passion...for things I believe in, for my work, for those I love, for causes....I'm glad i can speak up when it is important and do my best to make a difference.

I like that I have a brain and I use it...I totally love learning.

I really like that I am very independent...not afraid to go somewhere alone or to try to take on any project. (It's so neat that we all have these cool tool boxes and power equipment!)

I like that I'm in better physical and spiritual shape now than I have ever been in my life.

Thanks Frankly; I've really enjoyed reading this thread...wonderful idea!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

After reading all this I ahve to get a sawzal. Im contemplated it for sometime. I ahve a few projects I want to do and they need one, and I kept saying, get someone to do it for me, I dont ahve the tools, but not now. Im gonna buy me a saw zal, and a drill, my last one broke, I miss my drill
Old 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

watch out ladyjane, did you know that using the words "granny" an "bust a move" in the same sentence could get life alert callled on you? LOL Soon, I'll be able to be the granny next to you. Ooooooh I just thought of something, when my grandkid gets here, I can dance around the house with him/her. The chihuahuas might just get a break!

Last edited by frankly; 08-16-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Greet,

We have inspired Cinderella to go buy power tools! Maybe you and I should accompany her, maybe check out the tool department at Sears. Heck maybe we should all converge on the Sears Tool department. Could you imagine the shock on the salespeoples faces if a whole bunch of SR women, some older, some younger and everything in between, converged on their store? As Cinderella tests the rev and RPM's on a big ol hammer drill? vvrroomm

LMAO