A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 2

Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
grateful rca

that means i've gotta go and get the tank vacum and a few more things, to make it easier on myself. so after all of this and the fish are kind of settled in their new home, how often do you do a half water change and then a full one?

so do you think i'll already gotten too many? i do have a 14 day guarentee on the fish, so what do you think. i was kind of afraid to add any fish as soon as i did, but i just couldn't resist.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Do extra water cahnges for about 6 weeks ( 2 a week). After that just once a week gravel vac and change out about 15 gallons of water, never do a full change, it kills good bacteria. If you go longer than a week do a half tank change.

You got a lot of fish to start off with but most sound to be ahrdy so it should be okay.
(They didnt tell you the 14 day guarantee is only if your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate leves are at 0.)

Id feed sparingly, and only once a day.

It will be okay
Old 04-09-2007, 08:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

i would like to say that i had a beautiful easter weekend clean and sober... we went to sunday service at six am. toook a 2 hour nap and feasted on honey baked ham and huney baked turkey, with mash potatoes green beans and some banana cream pie. it is nice to be clean today. thanks and anvil i am so envious of you.... sounded like a cool friday.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
grateful rca

congratulation kats, glad to hear that you have a clean and sober easter and a great dinner to boot.

cinder, i just discovered one of the eels gone, i think, poor think, maybe i should have waited until it floated, didn't think about that until after i had flushed it. i think it was dead anyway. no they didn't tell me anything about the water, maybe i should go get a water tester. i think i'll wait a few more days and a few changes like you said, thanks.

we have a pet smart here and thats who told me about the guarentee, i got the eels at walmart so i think that was a loss but thats why i'm more ok with fish, i get attached to them but not as much as i do the other pets. sooner or later, i'll get another one but i can wait.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My yoyo loaches that I showed you on the previous thread lay on their side. Its scarey when you first see them.

He was likely sick when you got him. If you r water gets slightly cloudy a milky look in a few days, taht is good, its good bacteria bloom adn it will clear up in 3 to 5 days.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

hey teke wal mart has a pet guarantee too. i used to work there and if you have the receipt they will replace your fish.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
My yoyo loaches that I showed you on the previous thread lay on their side. Its scarey when you first see them.

He was likely sick when you got him. If you r water gets slightly cloudy a milky look in a few days, taht is good, its good bacteria bloom adn it will clear up in 3 to 5 days.

ok, he may have been sick, i don't know, he was laying on its side at the bottom of the tank and when i tried to get it out, it didn't move, so i guess it was dead. the other one seems to be ok, yes the water is kind of cloudy still, so you are saying that thats a good sign. don't know if i should have but i added a little water purifier and a little bit of stress coat, i hope that i'm not killing them. i guess then, since the water is cloudy a little that maybe i should wait another day or two to do the water change or do i do it sooner? its been a long time since i had a tank set up and i'm only remembering in parts what to do, so i need all the help i can get.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

teke, I love seeing fish tanks setup. But reading everything you and Cindi are writing reminds me why I dont have a tank setup. I guess I am just lazy but it seems so much work. I wish i could have the tank and someone else do all the work.

jewel
Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
grateful rca

anvil, i know where you are coming from with this and i'm so proud of you and hank, like you said, two addicts living together is not always a good match, but then there are those that do really good and become good for each other, i guess it depends on how commited the both are to their own individual recovery. i've always envied those recovering couples that you see chairing meetings. i thinks it awesome and seems like it had to be an awesome experience to go through together as long as you both stay focused on self and then come together with the rest. still praying that you both can keep going.

jewelz, guess what, i thought it was too much trouble all along too, that's why it has taken me almost 5 yrs to get one started again but i'm so glad i did, it sure is a way for me to loose my thoughts in, and its so far a good focal point for me. i'm hoping that you go ahead and just do it.

cinder and anvil or was it kj, started this and i'm sorta glad they did.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

hey anvil, my hubby got clean first then i followed. our marriage is better now than it has been ever and we have been together for 22 yrs.... but we changed everything... and meetings help too. but for today we both are clean and that in it self is a miracle.

he has 2 yrs where i only have 4 months. but its ok. i never thought he would quit anything and he truly is a miracle... thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

p.s this forum has helped me tremoundously too.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

thanks anvil... i am to learning that just because the sh** calls me i will not use for today.... i hope you and hank have many years to come clean too. thanks you
Old 04-09-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
grateful rca

yall know where i stand in this, i got clean a few yrs ago, and my rah is just now in his longest stretch in the whole 20 yrs outside of the 2 yrs he spent in jail and to me that didn't count cause he came right out and used in less than a month. today he is still going to see his addiction therapist once a wk and working fulltime, so i don't know about whether or not he gets a meeting in there or not, i guess i haven't thought to ask. i know that if he's not, then time will tell me all i need to know and as long as i make sure that i continue to work on and take care of me and the kids, his busness is his and i don't need to stress over his choices. so far though, all is well, but i also know that whats going on right now, has nothing to do with what may happen later. thank god, that today my life is all about me and not all about him.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
grateful rca

and i pray that all of you kats and anvil and your guys, have many more clean days to come, you both sound so good to me. i'm just so proud to hear when couples get it and don't have to break up behind addiction. it think that all 4 of you are miracles. i'm cheering yall on in the strongest sense.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

and i am cheering you on too teke.. thanks for that. i appreciate it. yes i filed for a divorce because the meth monster was taking our marriage. but god has other plans for us. and today we continue to go to church together and i believe that really does help us out. we are not perfect but no body is. and at least we both are trying to stay clean each day. and this coming up weekend we are going to las vegas and just going to have the best time ever clean. our first trip to vegas not high. that will be so much fun for me. you know we have fun today. and not at home with the blinds shut. LOL..
Old 04-09-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey, one day at a time, thats how i'm doing this, and today its working for me. i try not to think about tomorrow as much as i used to and that is making life so much easier for me. congrats on your sobriety kats.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by katwomankc View Post
hey teke wal mart has a pet guarantee too. i used to work there and if you have the receipt they will replace your fish.
now, you tell me, i've already flushed him, glad to know though. dawg

as soon as i found him, i went and flushed him, before i came here to read what you wrote. thats even better though, cause the fish at pet smart cost so much more than at walmart.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

teke just take the receipt there and tell them you didnt want to bring a dead fish. they should honor it....
Old 04-09-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok, kats, good thing i came back here on my way out, ill let you know how it goes. ok.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

okie dokie...