The Truth

Old 06-28-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I agree that you will get kicked really hard, but not by me. By your choices. I hope and pray that you find your bottom soon, before the damage to your children and your life is any worse.
Gotta agree with LaTeeDa here--on all points.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jessica the only person kicking you really hard is you plain and simple.

You and only you have the power to change you and your kids life.

Ngaire
Old 06-29-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jessica, I wish you the best. I pray that one day you'll realize the only person keeping you unhappy, unsatisified, and confused is you. And you're the only person who can turn that around.

Best wishes! FA
Old 06-29-2006, 09:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jessica,

I just want you to know that I have been in your shoes. It took me many times to stick to my choice to have him leave for good. The only person who will kick you is yourself. I kick myself all the time for the choices I have made regarding my AH's addiction. My heart hurts for you because you bring me back to where I once was. Now it is not as hard because I finally hit that point where I wanted to live my life for me, and there is no doubt that it is what is the right thing to do. Please remember that you have children to think about and they know a lot more than you think they do. This effects them and they are better off with just you than with a bad male role model. Take care and if you can get to an alanon meeting, please do. REMEMBER TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILDREN FIRST!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 09:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Jessica, You have made some steps in recovery in the fact of admitting different things that you had not realized before. Such as your need to control G, such as your seeing what you want to see and not what is, and many more things.
The hard part in that is that while you admit things and you see things - you don't seem to be able to move on those facts. In my bringing this to your attention, I just really feel that you need to find a new counselor. I truly don't believe that the one you have been seeing has been able to help you take the next level of steps.
Now, I'm not saying that I know what those steps are or that they even mean kicking G to the curb. I just feel that your recovery has stalled in some senses and I'm thinking that a new counselor may be able to help you more than the one you are currently seeing.
Just my thoughts - I hope you'll think about it.