blessings......

Old 01-31-2003, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

blessings......

Hello Family!!

It seems like alot of time has passed since I've had some time to sit down and right or catch up on the posts. I'm hoping I can get all caught up soon though. Welcome to any newcomers...you sure have found a wonderful place here.

Well, the band aid job and terrible hours I've had are now over.... A wonderful job opportunity has just fallen into my lap. It is truly a blessing. This past weekend I helped a close friend of mine move into the apartment complex I live in. During that move and having lots of contact with the office, my landlord called me to ask if I would be interested in filling the Assistant Managers Position there...she knew of my work history and she and I developed a very good repoir from the 1st day I moved in here. She also knew I was still looking for something better with all the experience I've had.

I told her yes I would be very interested and after a VERY long week of background checks, drug tests, criminal checks etc, I was offered the job about an hour ago. I accepted and start in the morning with paperwork and training. Good news is I will get salary and no longer will have to pay rent. Plus, daytime hours...so I can pick the little one up and come home with her!!!!!
That is the most wonderful perk of the all to me.

Gosh, but other than being really busy with helping my friend move and waiting on the news I finally got today, it has been pretty crazy. I know things will settle down soon though.

The little one is good, did very well on her 1st report card.

My x-A is showing his face again, confided in me two days ago he got his 3rd dwi last month and will go to court for it in Feb. I nodded and slowly shook my head when he told me this. But I smiled when he left, that the chaos of that is out of my and my daughters life.

I've missed you guys so much, I hope everyone is doing the best they can and is well. You all were right, if I waited and kept my eyes open the opportunty would come.

Take care everyone...

Much love and Hugs!!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yaaaaaaay Bonbon!!!!!

Big Congratulations and Big HUGS!
Smoke
Old 01-31-2003, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
believer

Wow, that's wonderful news. Isn't it amazing the wonderful things God has in store for us?

Hugs,
JG
Old 01-31-2003, 10:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great news bonbon!!

Sounds like the new job was worth the wait. So glad to hear that more prayers have been answered.

Enjoy your first day on your new job!

Take care,
matters
Old 02-01-2003, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bonbon

Yeahhh!!!! Good for you!!!! This job was out there just waiting for you. And aren't they lucky to get you. It will be so great for your little girl too. Yup - God was watching out for Bonbon.

You may not realize, but your recovery just jumps right off the page. I know how hard you worked for all this, but YOU are worth it all and more. It may have been baby steps and it may have been in God's time not your time, but just take a look around and enjoy where your journey has taken you.

Huge Hugs and Love to you. Don't be a stranger.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

One Year Ago

But the point in all this is, Where does this madness and insanity end for me? When can I let go? I love him and beleive in him, but weve been through sooo much, I know I need help, I want all of the worry to end, I wish I could just feel content with my life and being a good mother to my daughter, I want this so bad, I have a very good job, hes had probobaly 10 different jobs over the years, while I have stayed with this one and worked my way up, I think if people really knew the things I've gone through they would question my sanity, why do I love this person so much??? And can this sick addiction to him that i have, does it ever end? And if it does, I wish I knew the steps to get there. I also wish I could stop feeling guilty, like I should feel guilty about not letting him use my car, or that I feel guilty I pushed him away.
I know I have thrown alot out here, but I hope you all if you have the time will post some reply's, It is the most comforting feeling to know someone else has been where I have, and has seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you all very much.
Bonbon,

Your life has now become a gift to others. You have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so proud of you. All your hard work is paying off.

You are amazing.

Many hugs,
MG

Old 02-01-2003, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

BonBon,

I am so happy for you. It's great to hear good news and you deserve it.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love good news

I'm so happy that your life has taken a turn for the better. Isn't it a nice place to be?
Peace,
Gabe
Old 02-01-2003, 09:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Well Bonbon, all I have to say is.........

'WAY TO GO, GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Even though I'm relatively new here, I've read your posts since coming here. And I enjoyed reading what MG cut and pasted....your comments from days gone by. Ooooooooooo weeeeeeeeeee, you have come a long way, baby!!! Hope someone can say the same about me one day.

So congrats to you, Bon! You're a survivor and a winner! Now go show 'em how that apartment complex is supposed to be run!!!

Hugs,

Hangin' In
Old 02-01-2003, 11:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Bonbon,
I am so happy and excited for you!!!! All I keep thinking is WOW What wonderful, good news!!

Hugs and prayers,
Old 02-02-2003, 06:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

BonBon..
This post brought tears to my eyes.. I'm so happy for you.. You deserve it!!! Your daughter is so lucky to have such a great mother like you!!!!

Your friend, Clowie
Old 02-03-2003, 07:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

I am so happy for you Bonbon!!!! You are amazing.

Hugs to you and your daughter.

Love,
Gal
Old 02-03-2003, 12:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

COngratulations Bonbon!!! You SO deserve this new wonderful gift. Thanks to you MG for bringing the one year ago to the top. It provides hope for the rest of us, hope of progress in the program and happiness in life!!!!!!!!

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 09:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great news Bonbon! I'm so very happy for you. Enjoy!

Love and hugs.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I just knew that band-aid job would work for you I could feel it! I am so happy for you...great...no rent : ) Fab.....uuuuu ...lous!
I knew of someone who took a job like that and she now works for a huge management company here in the city ....running a group of giant apartment buildings!
Good Luck Bon
Love Kitty