Old 03-07-2006, 02:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

in due time CW, In due time
Old 03-07-2006, 02:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pmaslan
You guys are no fun...it is meant in fun.. I love to hear the answers, in my

world as warped as it is...their answers are telling...
Patty sweetie, I did answer you in fun :-) I do _not_ want to be a critter led by a leash... well.... I do live in Vegas .... and if she's a long, tall, red-head in a black dress I may be convinced to try it once.

Originally Posted by pmaslan
... As far as the questions Mike asks....god no....I am not looking for a date in any 12 step meeting that's for dang sure...
eeeek! A normie!!! Somebody get the bug spray!!!

So how do I explain to a charming young lady why I spend most evenings in meetings? That my best friends are bikers, ex-felons, hookers and other such types with spotted backgrounds? How do I explain the reason why I stand up in front of a couple hundred strangers and share my history as a child prostitute and street wino? How do I explain the young girls who live in terror of their ex-pimps or abusive husbands who call me late at night to come fix their plumbing, their car, or help them move out of a shelter?

Me thinks if I ever find a "soulmate" again it's going to be someone I don't have to explain myself to, and that's not going to happen with "normies"

Whadya think?

Mike :-)
Old 03-07-2006, 02:31 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

hey jazz - jimmy's waiting on ya with a nice, juicy cheeseburger! LOL
Old 03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

and if she's a long, tall, red-head in a black dress I may be convinced to try it once.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by cwohio
Now that's a purtty one! Looks like it's right on the water too!
Yeah.. I wanna be that one!

And this might come as a shock... I'm more a fan of JBs life style than his music.
It's OK and all but Jazz w/ a samba beat is much more tropical!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by cwohio
and............

That's one nastey lookin burger!
Old 03-07-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Mr. Chiristian...very well said...not a fear of being alone...but liking that companionship of someone...the desire to love and be love...having someone to spend time with...someone to share with....I know that is what I want...as for the getting to that point...the dating....the finding someone...seems more like a chore that fun to me.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Love ar first sight

Hi, I am to looking for someone to share my life with, I have tryed the Internet thing, hasn't worked for me. I guess i'm used to meeting people the Old fashioned way. But its hard when i do not get out much, thats why i tryed a dating service in the internet. The few Men i met either, being fixed up by friends, or the internet, either i wasn't into them, or i was and they drank to much. So now i am just putting it in pause, being my own best friend i guess, and leaving it in fates hands, i know i am a good person, and am waiting to meet the special person. I am very patient, and i will never give up, but what ever will be will be. I never want to be with someone, just not to be alone, i want to know this is the person i want to be with, and not settle..i'm 44 getting older by the minute... and not giving up!! take care
Old 03-07-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Me thinks if I ever find a "soulmate" again it's going to be someone I don't have to explain myself to, and that's not going to happen with "normies"
hey!!! im a normie!!!(ok,well most of the time..........) no explaining here..........i can understand.
but seriously,i am so glad this thread was started. its helped me understand alot about my self and my relationship/non dating habits.i took,seem to always fall into them,not by dating...which seems to not be as rare as i would have thought. and once again,realizing how refreshed i have actually become in the past year+ not being involved in a relationship-except with myself.
i feel like i have shed many skins over the past year,with the support of everyone here,and my new one,i think,is by far the prettiest.