I hate dating

Old 03-05-2006, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

I hate dating

Well I need to check in here about dating since I’m back at it.
Wow, what a melting pot of crazies.

When I got back into it last year I can honestly say I was not ready, but then when are you.
I really hate that whole 1st date thing where you feel like you’re on a job interview.
I think I’ve seen about 20 women in the past year.

The one girl I did care about and I think truly cared for me I really pushed away.
Yeah I’ll take the blame, I guess I was not ready and I could kick myself now, but such is life.

There seems to be a lot of girls that want to seem, but I must be more particular or I’ll just waste time and money.

Case in point.

I met this one girl from online, she is pretty, seemed nice and what a total package when you see her!
Right off the bat though she started to plan the future for us, in 2 weeks she was talking everyone that I was her boyfriend, talking of love and that we had 2 cars and all sorts of strange stuff.

I mean she was buying my watches and even on the 1st date asked about different sex acts!

You know I was more curious then anything else because I never saw anything like this before.
But the, then I realized what was really wrong with her.
She’s a BITCH! She is always negative and screams at people. Hell she even treated me like a 3-year-old.
It was like I was happy to see her and turned on about being with her, but then it just shut off.
She was pissed off that I was not interested in her sexually and I figured out that being a nut case bitch was rather demeaning to me.

That was a winner I tell you.

Last Friday I had a dinner/ movie date with another girl and we laughed and had a lot to talk about.
She was warm and sweet and even called me up to see if I got home ok, since I drove to her area.
She does not drink or smoke which is fine by me.

We spoke of books and movies and I felt good about seeing her, not like the last one.

Well that’s my story. I hate this dating thing.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

lol....

As mick J would say
Sum girls give me money
sum girls take my clothe
Sum girls give me jews

oki doki...did any of them stocked ya?

Lmaf...every women I've ever got into a relationship with,
acted like a total angle, as sweet as can be, while dating.
and then....wtf ???
Maybe living with me made them crazy.lol
Everyone of those women also asked me out. Hmmm????
Old 03-05-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning Mr. C.. so nice to see you.
I would think dateing would be a struggle. Anything worth while is worth working for I feel sure. Good luck and lots of HUGS Keep us posted.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok, Mr. C.

I'm half joking here, but are you dating girls or women?

The last date sounds like a nice one. A lot of people I know are now doing first "coffee dates" instead of the old dinner/movie. Seems to be less pressure. Can't say I know that much about it. Good luck, I know it's not easy. But there are a lot of great women out there looking for great men.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well they are all women over 34 but heck we all have problems I guess.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mr. Christian
Wow, what a melting pot of crazies.

Oh, Mr. C! So well put! You lightened my heart when I read that description!

I agree, I didn't like dating in my 20's for that very reason, and here I am at 52y being divorced by AH after 30yrs and I do not see that it looks like it has gotten much better! Don't think I'll think about that today,though. I need to get a lot healthier before I cross that bridge!

Baby steps......

Sending you a hug. How's the new job going,btw?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
doing the inside job

Originally Posted by denny57
But there are a lot of great women out there looking for great men.
men that HAVE something to offer...something to be own.
women that acts like TRophys..............a prize to be had. lmaf
Old 03-05-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's helpful for me to hear a male perspective on this. As a woman, I'd ran into a lot of the same types of things in the past. My friends, who are also women, would talk about the same stuff. It made me wonder sometimes if there are any good men out there.

Then, several years ago, my uncle got divorced after being married for years and years. He was saying the same thing--"what is it about all these crazy people out there." The main thing he kept bringing up was that he was running into a lot of people that were really pushy and aggressive. After quite some time, he did meet and marry a nice person again.

I guess it just takes a while. What is great though is that you sound like you are being in healthy in what you are looking for.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nutz
Lmaf...every women I've ever got into a relationship with,
acted like a total angle, as sweet as can be, while dating.
and then....wtf ???
Maybe living with me made them crazy.lol
Everyone of those women also asked me out. Hmmm????

haha.....guess that answers my son's (rhetorical) question. He said to me, "Really mom, what kind of person would WANT to date dad? These people must be even more insane than he is!" true.....but it still stings. (I think the answer to that is $.) Oh,well.

Yes, it takes all kinds to make a world.... There is a whole new breed of women out there (probably men,too!).
Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mr. Christian,

If I was single again I don't think I'd attempt dating.

It doesn't look very interesting out there. You are right there are a lot of crazies out there. You have my sympathies.

I think the best thing is just do what interests us and be friends with and get to know the people we meet along the way.

I think that with dating people tend towant to perform more whereas if we meet them doing what interests us we may see a more real side.

Just my two cents worth.

Ngaire
Old 03-05-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ngaire
I think that with dating people tend towant to perform more whereas if we meet them doing what interests us we may see a more real side.
I agree with this. If I were to start dating which I'm nowhere near right now, I think it might be nice if it could begin this way.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well look at it this way. Why is someone still single at that age? must be some reason. I feel like the only men who are single at my age are either psycho or gay, otherwise they'd be married.

You are a very brave man, Mr. Christian. I've been away from AH for over a year now and am nowhere near being ready to date. Probably never will be. I've only 'dated' a couple of times in my whole life and I'm just not up for the scrutiny and the acceptance/rejection thing. I did the online thing with AH so now I'm afraid to go that route again. Nothing wrong with it, it's just another tool, but once burnt twice shy, you know.

That first girl you describe sounds like a real winner! I don't care how old she is, she's just a girl with that behavior.

There's a real funny song by Meredith Brooks about first dates, goes something like this ..' when's your birthday, what's your middle name, can you tell me, tell me this, are you aries, are you on the cusp of virgo, tell me, what? no, it's not a quiz. Hey why you looking at your watch, we havent' had dessert, it's early, just 8:30, only our first date. I wanna know, do ya love me, yeah wear my wedding ring be my everything, do you believe in fate, isn't true love great, when's your birthday ... '

sounds like the kind of people you're running into!

I just don't have the strength for it myself. And I hate it when some strange man tries to approach me, when all he could possibly know about me is that I'm female and not wearing a wedding ring and therefore must be desperate.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

LOL,
Good lord what has happened to my life?!?!?!
You know my 1st wife and I were together for over 15 years, and my beautiful "A" was with me 9 years.

I remember this game after my 1st wife and here I am again.

I've met through friends, clubs and online. So I hit it all it seems, and I just guess it takes time.
Maybe not looking is the way to be?
Could be they will just find me.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

well,im wondering if all the good people have given up,and just dont even bother anymore.
ive heard tales of the agressive ones,the ball and chain after one date ones,the ones that have the baggage and drama to go with it, the too damn independent ones,etc etc......but with me,my experiences have been with users,cheaters,substance abusers,and the last one who i still havent figured out.my problem now is i cant bitch about dates,because i just dont even get them.it is very depressing and hard on the self esteem.i mean,WHAT is wrong with me. i dont think i am that ugly,because i see men looking at me...or am i THAT ugly???!!!!!
one thing ive been thinking recently,is-hate to say it,but in talking and being around some men,i have found many of them are just downright CHEAP.im thinking alot of them dont want to ask anyone out because they dont want to throw down any money. but damn,i'd be happy with a cup of coffee and a walk to get to know each other......geeeeeeeeeeZ.
then,i find some of them are just soooooo shy. my last was-i had to approach him.but i really hate doing that,as my self confidence is too fragile of late.
other than those things,i am at my wits end,trying to figure out why i am so UNdateable. i have tried it all............and im telling you,nothing is making it happen.
im sick of doing things alone...i been doin it for years,damn it!! the good guys got to get out there,and find us good women!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dating? What ever for? There's plenty of crazies out there without going looking for them.

Older lady whom I'd never seen before wraps her hands around my upper arm, back of one hand obviously feeling out the side of my chest. She says: "If I let myself go I could really fall in love with you". ( Makes me not want to accept invitations to speak )

Older lady invites me over for dinner at her condo, and offers her "clothing optional" jacuzzi. ( Am never going out to lunch with anybody again )

Unknowm woman calls me on the phone and says she'd show me pics of her breasts but she's afraid it would give me a heart attack. ( Makes me want to take my phone # off the list at the f2f meeting )

And these are all from f2f meets. Heaven knows what I'd bump into if I went looking for a date.

No thank you, I'd rather be alone than in bad company. Had a great marriage for almost 20yrs 'till her pill addiction took over. Some things only happen once in life. I've had my fairy-tale marriage with my soul-mate. Time to move on and see what else life has to offer.

Mike :-)
Old 03-05-2006, 04:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I read these posts and have to think wow...I thought I was the only one who felt that way...dating stinks!!!! I have to believe there really are some nice people out there...after all I am a nice normal person that would just like to have someone to spend time with...surely there has to be some guy out there that feels the same way. The last guy I dated is what brought me to this sight...he seemed like a really nice guy to start with...sort of at least...thought we could enjoy each others company....to make a long story short...he was a A and we all know how that goes so no point in going in to detail...anyway....I have finally broke all connection with him...he still calls once in a while but I finally got caller ID so I don't answer....but I will not go back with him.. I met a guy online about a month ago...he seems nice...good job...and so far we have only talked email...almost afraid to go past that stage....don't want in a mess again. But I keep thinking maybe he is a really nice guy just looking for a friend right now...same as me...sooo...who knows what will happen...but thank you all for this sight...you let me air out my heart many times when I needed to....and I just have to hold on to the hope that maybe there is someone normal out there! I wish each and everyone of you the very best in life...love and prayers to all you!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Originally Posted by DesertEyes
Dating? What ever for? There's plenty of crazies out there without going looking for them.

Older lady whom I'd never seen before wraps her hands around my upper arm, back of one hand obviously feeling out the side of my chest. She says: "If I let myself go I could really fall in love with you". ( Makes me not want to accept invitations to speak )

Older lady invites me over for dinner at her condo, and offers her "clothing optional" jacuzzi. ( Am never going out to lunch with anybody again )

Unknowm woman calls me on the phone and says she'd show me pics of her breasts but she's afraid it would give me a heart attack. ( Makes me want to take my phone # off the list at the f2f meeting )

And these are all from f2f meets. Heaven knows what I'd bump into if I went looking for a date.

No thank you, I'd rather be alone than in bad company. Had a great marriage for almost 20yrs 'till her pill addiction took over. Some things only happen once in life. I've had my fairy-tale marriage with my soul-mate. Time to move on and see what else life has to offer.

Mike :-)
ROFLMAO... you are so funny. Please, put yourself out there, you could write a stand up routine after a month!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My problem is that I meet some really nice guys and:

a. they are 12 years younger than me and when I tell them I am 50, it's downhill from there.
b. we go on a date, things are great, they call, we talk, they meet someone else (usually someone closer to their own age).
c. i just don't feel any chemistry, though they seem to feel way too much chemistry
d. they have a woman "housemate" who they are trying to get out of their lives. yeah right. and it doesn't appear she is leaving any time soon.

Someday my prince will come...
Old 03-05-2006, 06:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well its been twenty years out of the market for me!!

Wow....I'm not sure I know how to carry on a conversationwith a woman anymore.

But I'm lonely......its time to get on the horse again!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It does seem a mixed bag of nuts and to tell you truth I’m almost mad at my ex for the fact that I have to go through this once again.

As a man I find it hard sometimes to know what the next move should be.
Kiss, or not kiss, hold a hand , back away, I mean anything you do or don’t do is great for one but not the other.
I remember going out with one girl then I couldn’t reach her again! I thought we had a great time!
What ever happened to just telling someone that it was not working out?

It’s a damn game and I feel like I’m getting rather old for it.