Papers

Old 08-09-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed....
O.K. , then...…
No humans. no cats/dogs. Gotcha!

You are a writer.....if, only, you could write out every awful feeling that you have inside you, right now.....

A nugget-----At the pinnacle of the pain...there is no consolation...there can be no consolation---only expression and outpouring of feeling....
Old 08-09-2019, 12:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

"I would rather be alone"

Dazed does this mean our China trip is now off in November? I blocked the whole month off!
Old 08-09-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed....
O.K. , then...…

You are a writer.....if, only, you could write out every awful feeling that you have inside you, right now.....

A nugget-----At the pinnacle of the pain...there is no consolation...there can be no consolation---only expression and outpouring of feeling....
The sun, a tree, a chair is all she had as the overflow of emotion, is the continuing outpouring of love that she gave to him; yet, the tears and isolation pouring out of her are now are the vehicle for her journey to healing. Her journey back to herself. In that is the only consolation she finds in her tears. The sun, a tree, a chair; the lessons she will learn begin with them and when the student is ready the teacher will appear.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
"I would rather be alone"

Dazed does this mean our China trip is now off in November? I blocked the whole month off!
oh hard lessons! Still gonna cruise the orient! Lol
Old 08-09-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed....
O.K. , then...…
Hey we are humans!

And a nice bunch of people too I must say. I'm glad you joined us here dazed.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Hey we are humans!

And a nice bunch of people too I must say. I'm glad you joined us here dazed.
you guys are the best. Ain’t no support like the support from cyber friends...
Old 08-09-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh ok good we are still going on the trip.

You had me worried there for a moment when you posted that Id rather be alone stuff.

BTW while we are on the trip I can tell you my entire story start to finish (well to date cause who knows when it will be finished). LOL
Old 08-09-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You had me worried there for a moment when you posted that Id rather be alone stuff.

BTW while we are on the trip I can tell you my entire story start to finish (well to date cause who knows when it will be finished). LOL
indeed. Lol
Old 08-09-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I read your story hard lessons...it truly is heartbreaking. The package was wrapped up nice but it was truly empty on the inside. 😢
Old 08-09-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I gave him the papers. He won’t look at them. He says he will look at them later he has until Monday. He’s mad again. I’m making eggplant and fettuccini and go na watch old movies.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

He still thinks you will change your mind, especially when he hits you with guilt trips about you not minding that "he is sad and spiritually dead" as you reported in an earlier post. (#7)

I'd take pasta and puppy to your space and shut the door. But expect some intense efforts to avoid signing so a Sunday or Monday morning deadline will serve you best here.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
He still thinks you will change your mind, especially when he hits you with guilt trips about you not minding that "he is sad and spiritually dead" as you reported in an earlier post. (#7)

I'd take pasta and puppy to your space and shut the door. But expect some intense efforts to avoid signing so a Sunday or Monday morning deadline will serve you best here.
that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. I really think he thought I wouldn’t follow thru. I see it for what it is...he’s trying to manipulate me for his first love alcohol to be comfortable. Not. Going. To. Happen. Thank you.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

If you need inspiration such as what living with long term progressive alcoholism means even beyond what you have been going through , check out Hopework's threads.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

If you need inspiration such as what living with long term progressive alcoholism means even beyond what you have been going through , check out Hopework's threads.
thank you, I will.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I feel punished for giving my best.
actually it just didn't have the ending YOU hoped for. you still GAVE of yourself - probably too much, but your gesture and actions are not negated. and you did both benefit from those actions over the years.

but over the years your husband had an addiction that grew and grew, progression they call it. he did not ASK to be an addict, no one does. the problem is by the time anyone realizes without a doubt that they ARE addicted, well.......now they have a geat big gorilla on their back and it has a tenacious grip. and that gorilla says - look, you NEED me, you WANT to use, come on, it will be fun. all your cares and troubles will go away. trussssst me. don't listen to them. what do they know? no one knows you better than i do. i'm right here for you.

your AH is not willing to go into the "Gorilla Removal" program. he just hasn't fed the gorilla for a couple weeks. he and the gorilla are convinced you are just making noise and if they hold out, you'll go back to taking care of them, and fluffing their pillows, and making their lives better. and he can quit pretending to want to be sober and all that hoo hah.

this is where the new chapter starts. the whole world is still there for you. and you can do all that you dreamed and wished and hoped, and even things you could not do while with the AH. i see your cruise of the orient with hardlessons like a remake of the African Queen!!!
Old 08-09-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I feel punished for giving my best.
actually it just didn't have the ending YOU hoped for. you still GAVE of yourself - probably too much, but your gesture and actions are not negated. and you did both benefit from those actions over the years.

but over the years your husband had an addiction that grew and grew, progression they call it. he did not ASK to be an addict, no one does. the problem is by the time anyone realizes without a doubt that they ARE addicted, well.......now they have a geat big gorilla on their back and it has a tenacious grip. and that gorilla says - look, you NEED me, you WANT to use, come on, it will be fun. all your cares and troubles will go away. trussssst me. don't listen to them. what do they know? no one knows you better than i do. i'm right here for you.

your AH is not willing to go into the "Gorilla Removal" program. he just hasn't fed the gorilla for a couple weeks. he and the gorilla are convinced you are just making noise and if they hold out, you'll go back to taking care of them, and fluffing their pillows, and making their lives better. and he can quit pretending to want to be sober and all that hoo hah.

this is where the new chapter starts. the whole world is still there for you. and you can do all that you dreamed and wished and hoped, and even things you could not do while with the AH. i see your cruise of the orient with hardlessons like a remake of the African Queen!!!
this post is a keeper. Many thanks anvil. I gave him a deadline to look over and get the papers signed by Monday or I’ll set a court date and get it thru default. He started really packing today, pictures, records, serious packing...
Old 08-09-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Deadlines can be so useful at times, can't they?

That was a brilliant post anvil. You smart one.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Deadlines can be so useful at times, can't they?

That was a brilliant post anvil. You smart one.
yes. Deadlines are useful. Thank you Hawkeye! ❤️
Old 08-09-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

dazed, i hope i did this linkie thing right....this was MY story of when it was time to move out - however in this tale i was the one to move out.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6785839 (collaboration vs disengagement)
Old 08-09-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
dazed, i hope i did this linkie thing right....this was MY story of when it was time to move out - however in this tale i was the one to move out.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6785839 (collaboration vs disengagement)
now that’s funny! But kinda confusing...why plot to leave a nice husband? My A told me when drunk he bought the truck knowing he would use it to leave soon. I was blindsided!!! Maybe all this binge was a manipulation to get a divorce. He got what he wanted and I paid for it! Well, your story is funny tho!