Papers

Old 08-08-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Papers

The divorce papers came. We just sign and it’s done. This wasn’t suppose to happen to us, we were suppose to make it. He tells me all he can promise me is one day at a time and the big book says he doesn’t have to drink again, I want to believe him with all my heart....but I just don’t trust it anymore. He says he doesn’t blame me. So now I can’t stop crying.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why should he blame you? Past actions are pretty good predictors.

Have a good cry. I often cry in the shower or in a hot bath. Get some sleep and I suggest you have him sign those papers first thing and you too. Get them in the mail right away.

If he does manage to really wit and get into active recovery, in a year or so you can see where you both are and reevaluate then.

Now he needs to do him and you need to do you. You can heal individually but not together at this point.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wait a minute, this is the same guy with the morning mocking sessions to my comments....I am glad I listened to anvil and went to bed. It’s chaos in proximity to him!
Old 08-08-2019, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Why should he blame you?

Have a good cry. I often cry in the shower or in a hot bath. Get some sleep and I suggest you have him sign those papers first thing and you too. Get them in the mail right away.

If he does manage to really wit and get into active recovery, in a year or so you can see where you both are and reevaluate then.

Now he needs to do him and you need to do you. You can heal individually but not together at this point.
I was hoping to hear from you. Thank you. ❤️
Old 08-08-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
Wait a minute, this is the same guy with the morning mocking sessions to my comments....I am glad I listened to anvil and went to bed. It’s chaos in proximity to him!
You are coming out of the fog and can see this much more clearly now.

Yes, get them in the mail. Honestly, in reading your posts, this is like being on the addiction roller-coaster at full speed, it's horrible and take everything with a grain of salt. He's up one minute and down the next.

Remember those priorities. That hasn't changed in this short a time.

Marriage is a legal contract really, nothing more. You can love someone and not be married to them. As Hawkeye said, see where you are in a year, see where he is in a year. If he is well in to recovery and you see something there, there is no reason you can't date and see where you go.

But that's off a way and it's important to focus on the here and now (and your upcoming trip!). Keep moving forward.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
You are coming out of the fog and can see this much more clearly now.

Yes, get them in the mail. Honestly, in reading your posts, this is like being on the addiction roller-coaster at full speed, it's horrible and take everything with a grain of salt. He's up one minute and down the next.

Remember those priorities. That hasn't changed in this short a time.

Marriage is a legal contract really, nothing more. You can love someone and not be married to them. As Hawkeye said, see where you are in a year, see where he is in a year. If he is well in to recovery and you see something there, there is no reason you can't date and see where you go.

But that's off a way and it's important to focus on the here and now (and your upcoming trip!). Keep moving forward.
deep breaths. Seriously trail, with all your experience it’s like the high speed addiction roller coaster? Seems I have adapted to some pretty sick stuff. I’m grateful to you all. ❤️
Old 08-09-2019, 09:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Looked over the papers. Just a few corrections and it’s done. I’m devastated. AH seems to not give a damn, doing ok about it. What he says and how it acts about it doesn’t jive. It’s very ok just moving ahead, it is what it is, I’m in recovery now, it doesn’t have to be this way, I’m done drinking, I’m spiritually dead and sad, but if that’s what you want...blah blah blah...This picture continues to be wrong and hurtful to me.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

What he says and how it acts about it doesn’t jive.

This is typical with alcoholism. It can affect us as friends and family members in very similar wars, of words and actions not meeting up.

edit/ I meant to type "ways" yet the wording is fine. I'll leave it the way it showed up today.

Congratulations on your own recovery. One day at a time. One foot in front of the other.

Self-care is much needed, especially today. What does yours look like?
Old 08-09-2019, 10:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
What he says and how it acts about it doesn’t jive.

This is typical with alcoholism. It can affect us as friends and family members in very similar wars, of words and actions not meeting up.

edit/ I meant to type "ways" yet the wording is fine. I'll leave it the way it showed up today.

Congratulations on your own recovery. One day at a time. One foot in front of the other.

Self-care is much needed, especially today. What does yours look like?
at this point a hot shower, book and bed. It’s all I got in me.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

at this point a hot shower, book and bed. It’s all I got in me.
This sounds like an excellent plan.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This picture continues to be wrong and hurtful to me.

what did you want or hope to see?

my AA sponsor always kept me grounded with:
It is what it IS, isn't it.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
This picture continues to be wrong and hurtful to me.

what did you want or hope to see?

my AA sponsor always kept me grounded with:
It is what it IS, isn't it.
this hurts. I wanted to see remorse in him. I have been changed forever because of this relationship. I didn’t need this lesson. I was picky, independent, successful blah blah blah. I wanted to see him reach out to me and my adult kids, who also got hurt in this. I certainly didn’t expect him to take it with a grain of salt. This. Freaking. Hurts.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed......yes, it does hurt.....like nothing else....
We understand.....
It won't always feel like this......hang on to that knowledge....
Reach out for some human contact....that helps a bit...
Old 08-09-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed......yes, it does hurt.....like nothing else....
We understand.....
It won't always feel like this......hang on to that knowledge....
Reach out for some human contact....that helps a bit...
I would rather be alone. No one cares really. Empathy is a lost art.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Besides if he can do this to me after 20 years of giving my ALL what else can others do? I’m just not feeling any trust towards humanity right now. He says, there were a lot of good times, all I feel right now is betrayal.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I know I’m no angel but I was willing to work thru problems, listen, adjust to make it work. My problems were discussable, I was open to compromise. There is no fixing this, this horror that I’ve lived thru. And I did it stone. Cold. Sober. He doesn’t even remember the horror or begin to understand d the pain. That’s what I wanted to see, EMPATHY
Old 08-09-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Understandably. Addiction has your Husband.

He was an addict when you met him. He has always been, it never goes away. One can hope that it will never take hold of them again, but it's just a hope and not always what happens.

It's also not a lesson of any sort. This is just crappy, you aren't being punished (although I'm sure it feels like it).

I'll say it again, please don't take this personally. It is not about you. It affects you greatly, but it is not personal.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Gotcha.

O.k.....no humans, then.

If you had a dog or cat.....it helped me to hold my animals and cry....they couldn't DO anything, either...but, it seemed the instinctive thing to do....
Old 08-09-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Understandably. Addiction has your Husband.

He was an addict when you met him. He has always been, it never goes away. One can hope that it will never take hold of them again, but it's just a hope and not always what happens.

It's also not a lesson of any sort. This is just crappy, you aren't being punished (although I'm sure it feels like it).

I'll say it again, please don't take this personally. It is not about you. It affects you greatly, but it is not personal.
that’s it right there, I feel punished for giving my best.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Gotcha.

O.k.....no humans, then.

If you had a dog or cat.....it helped me to hold my animals and cry....they couldn't DO anything, either...but, it seemed the instinctive thing to do....
my little dog isn’t leaving my side...kinda like she knows.