I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it? Part 2

Old 04-28-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it? Part 2

This is the continuation of the "I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it?", which can be found here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...an-you-do.html (I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it?)

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 04-28-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day #75: Happy I don't have to be anywhere or do anything until 10 am Monday morning.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 18 - Had lunch with a dear friend I hadn't seen in some time and a much needed rest. I let this person read all the nasty grams I had been getting and they had no idea how I am able to hold it together this well. It was nice to actually be able to show someone who knows AH exactly what his emotional state and outburst are like. It was also nice to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all with someone who was truly astounded. This person also let me know that I am handling this situation with a lot more integrity than the situation deserves and that made me happy, because sometimes its so hard. So I am proud of myself for being who I need to be for myself and my kids and its nice people notice.

Day 19 - Had great conversation with DD this morning. We both are just a little exhausted with so much to do and so little time. She shared with me this morning about sad moments she's had, witnessing classmates with their fathers having a nice bonding moment and that she will never get to have that as he will not get help for himself, and she just cannot trust him. My heart breaks for her but she's talking about it which is good. I am grateful I get to have this close connection with my DD, it has been a lot of work but totally worth it. Had none of this happened I may have sent her off to college and missed my chance to be so close to her. So I am very grateful for the chance however we got here.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy my fever finally broke and I could get a few things done today. Nothing too strenuous though.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

#75 - Nothing like a good BBQ festival!!

#76 - Happy for the blue jay that has taken up residence in my backyard - I've never seen one so close up.

Originally Posted by Aeryn
Day #1 - Today a friend is watching my LO (4 months) so I can go out to stores and get some things done. I'm grateful for that.

I'm also forever grateful to my surrogate...since my daughter was born via surrogate and my father was adopted I'm thinking of creating a non profit that gives scholarships for adoption and surrogacy for women or couples wanting to start families. I want to make sure the middle class aren't left out in my funding since my biggest issue was my income wasn't really high enough to afford my surrogate with ease (I'm in deep debt) but it wasn't low enough to get help.

Lately I've also been having huge rushes of grateful feelings that I went through the hard work of recovery and am not with my qualifier. I have had some men pursuing me and I realize I'm no longer feeling the "need" to find someone.....I used to really want to find a new companion now well it's just not high on the priority list. I'm happy with just me and my daughter.
#77 - So glad I went back to catch up in the old thread before starting in on this one today & that we are still attracting new participants!

Welcome to the thread Aeryn!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy for a sense of accomplishment in fixing the truck this weekend. 2 showers later, I cannot get the motor oil out of my hair, but she runs like a top!
Old 04-30-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that I still try to find the lessons that I know I am meant to learn.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am happy that I am a work in progress and that I learn more about myself every day!
Old 05-01-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Liz!!

#78 - Short Version: So grateful for validation I wasn't looking for this morning:

(Long Version, feel free to skip)
I have had very few issues in DD's education so far - she's had a mix of talented & inspired teachers & leaders, good fortune & personal ambition directing the whole process. I have only ever had to step in to advocate for her twice - once in elementary when she had a frenemy/bully situation starting & again in the very beginning of 7th grade when she was assigned to an elective class that was a total mismatch for her.

I wrote one email to her guidance counselor (who she has for 6th-8th) the day we received that class on her schedule at the open house - ahead of school ever starting. I explained that this was Non Negotiable & that beyond it being a poor fit for her as a student & a waste of much-needed time for other things more in line with her overall education objectives, I refused to allow her to be subjected to a teacher that I had already observed using shame & humiliation tactics as discipline tools during school performances. I also called out the school for allowing it, in a respectful but pointed way. On the first day of class, DD was handed a revised schedule.

Fast Fwd almost 2 full years later - the end of 8th grade & this same counselor catches me & DD outside of the school this morning. He wanted to know if she told me how he's visited all the kids in their classes & that when he'd asked around the rooms, she was the ONLY kid to pull down 100's on her quarterly averages in every single quarter of this year.

"Yep - she did, thanks."

He continued to explain that he went back & looked - it's not JUST this year - she's done this EVERY YEAR. And not just a random class here & there - she's averaging that high in multiple classes every semester.

"Yep, she has. Every year."

So did she tell you I was so inspired that I sang to her in front of God & everyone???...... "That girl is on FIRE!!!!...." (he belted out in the parking lot & danced a bit - he's got a great voice & a lot of soul)

"No - she left THAT part out." (DD is blushing 6 shades of red standing there)

Then he got serious & said, "GREAT job. She's GOING places."... (accented with a respectful nod that told me he remembered how firm my boundaries have been for her & was seeing the Why.)

"Yes, sir, she is!"

(side note: that was that teacher's last year at the school as well - I never inquired as to why or how - I was just happy to see her gone)
Old 05-01-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 20 - I got a good parking space and some rest other than that pretty boring.
Day 21- Got to see my DD acknowledged during an award ceremony at the school and that was really nice. Also had a very difficult conversation about how she's feeling in the midst of all the chaos with the end of high school, going to college, AH and the divorce. Its good that she's talking about all the issues and expressing her feelings at least we have each other.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Is this only day 6 or 7 for me? I watched Dr Phil today. For some reason it made me happy.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This am, I'm happy to chat with a new fellow biker gal (((PhoenixRising))) and get excited about bikes all over again because of it!
Old 05-01-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Probably my 4th post - oh well lol

Finally, after 2 weeks, i'm in real recovery from the flu - I haven't had it in years and years and really didn't need this refresher - but ya-hoo!!

It's finally spring here!
Old 05-01-2018, 11:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

...short and simple - it's beautiful weather here and plan to enjoy it.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that I cooked dinner tonight and brought a plate of food over for my friend/neighbor who isn't feeling well. I am so happy I could run an errand for her too. She is always so sweet to me and tonight I am happy that I can give back to her a little.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

One of my neighbors has the most obnoxiously loud truck & he drives right past my bedroom window every morning. While it's annoying, I'm grateful for it because he's always on time, within a 10 min window. I NEVER oversleep because of this! 😂
Old 05-02-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Okay, I'll jump in - better late than never. The nice weather has finally helped get me out of my funk - I do despise cold and damp, and that's all we've had for the past seven months.

#2 - baseball practice went well last night. I hope we can win with our bats, because the defense of this group is severely lacking!!!

#3 - AW has been on some 'cleansing' pill thing since Saturday - it means no wine, and my BP is down, I sleep better, and I'm less cranky. Too bad it all ends this weekend.

#4 - did I mention the nice weather?!?!???
Old 05-02-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Day... 8? I drew a picture of a stranger and gave it to her. It made her smile.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Baking a birthday cake tonight, and being the go to person for all the friends birthday cakes makes me so happy. PLus I get to try out new recipes often, take a couple bites, and then ditch all the sugar at the party
Old 05-02-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

#79 - Part B -

It only took 79 days of reading along to get COD on board with this exercise....!

Seriously though - I just got an email from DD's counselor that they are going to be acknowledging her at the year-end awards ceremony next month for the scholarship she received coming into this school year.

She's going to FLIP because she is very humble & has no expectation that the entire class & their parents are about to be informed of her success.

That's part of why I approached the school about it to begin with - both she AND the school deserve recognition. It takes a village & many of her teachers were instrumental in helping to make this happen for her. And since no one else seems to find it worth making any kind of deal about (I'm looking at you, FOO), she keeps minimizing how Big & Important it really is. This hits all my perfectionism-in-training-red-flags.

If a 5-yr pre-college scholarship (literally life changing folks), awarded at 13 yrs old, isn't enough, then what WILL be???