I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it? Part 2

Old 05-02-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
#79 - Part B -

It only took 79 days of reading along to get COD on board with this exercise....!
Touche`!!!!
Old 05-02-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day #2 - Happy to have a clean house...with a 4 month old that is now a luxury.

Day #3 - Happy to have a friend to watch little E so I could go get an MRI....just a check to make sure nothing bad has returned. Feeling optimistic. Again with a 4 month old finding someone to help and getting to go to the doctor is a luxury so I'm happy.

Day #4 - I had been worrying about money and a possible opportunity for a little extra (not a lot but some) landed in my email box.

Day #5 (today) - Feeling optimistic about getting some extra cash. I reached out for some extra classes this summer (long shot but they said I'm at the top of the list) and applied for that opportunity mentioned above.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that my daughter and I had a very real and honest talk today. She wanted to discuss many sensitive topics, like her father, and that was very hard but it went really well. Feeling blessed tonight.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 22- Had a fairly easy day, spent time with my horses before tackling my todo list
Day23- When it rains it pours with things breaking in the house uugggg, however was able to get a plumber and ac guy back out and everything fixed so I am thankful for that. After driving country roads with my cellphone/ wallet on the top of my car and losing it mid trip. It was returned with everything still in it and I met a new neighbor.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

#5 - Happy to wake to chirping birds after it is FINALLY warm enough to sleep with the windows wide open overnight.

(See, FireSprite - 2 days in a row!!)
Old 05-03-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad
(See, FireSprite - 2 days in a row!!)
Keep going!!

#80 - Nothing like a good gel pen & a brand new journal.

This one is just for Positive Words - written over & over & over ad nauseam. Re-Wiring my synapses & focusing on the things I want to manifest IRL..... it's sort of like a workbook exercise to go along with the Vision Board I made a few months ago.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Happy to be counting down the last 30 day until I get my new pup!
Old 05-03-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Happy to be counting down the last 30 day until I get my new pup!
So adorable, firebolt!

My daughters and I went to the puppy yoga class last night (a fundraiser for Hero Dogs). There were about 8 yellow and black Labrador puppies and it was so adorable. We would be in a pose and the puppies would come and try to kiss you, fall asleep on your mat or go underneath you. I looked back at my youngest daughter when she was lying on the floor in a pose and two puppies decided to play tug of war with her ponytail. She was giggling.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HoldOnLoosely View Post
So adorable, firebolt!

My daughters and I went to the puppy yoga class last night (a fundraiser for Hero Dogs). There were about 8 yellow and black Labrador puppies and it was so adorable. We would be in a pose and the puppies would come and try to kiss you, fall asleep on your mat or go underneath you. I looked back at my youngest daughter when she was lying on the floor in a pose and two puppies decided to play tug of war with her ponytail. She was giggling.
SO cute!!! This is Every Day Yoga with Cats in my house, lol. Even when there is a 2nd mat set up just for them, they must try to squish onto mine. Not easy with felines weighing over 25#.

I'm excited for you firebolt.... I want to add a new furbaby to our family soooo badly but it's not the right time so I'm going to live vicariously through you for a while, ok?
Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that I have the funniest coworker. Laughter really helps release and decrease stress! Life keeps getting better.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

#6 - the warm weather continues. The birds are singing, and it's Friday. And we get a jeans day at work. And my baseball practice plan is already done for Sunday's practice.

#7 - on the way home from school last night, DS says, "We have 13 days of school left, I'm so excited!" Thinking he's excited for summer. I ask why is he so happy to nd school - his reply, "Because I'm ready for 3rd grade! I can't wait to see who my teacher is and what friends will be in my class!" Didn't see that coming!
Old 05-04-2018, 10:26 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm excited for you firebolt.... I want to add a new furbaby to our family soooo badly but it's not the right time so I'm going to live vicariously through you for a while, ok?
Absolutely!! I wonder if you'll feel the same way 4 months from now when he's eating my expensive shoes, the couch, and the interior of my truck... LOL

Sooo happy for the weekend, a friends birthday, and dogsitting a buddies Rottie!! Happy Friday friends!
Old 05-04-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day #6 - Won $30 on a lottery ticket! Woo hoo!

Day #7 - Little E had the sweetest little smile this morning when she woke up, she was so happy to start her day. So cute!
Old 05-04-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

The kids and I plan to see Avengers: Infinity War with friends this weekend. We're looking forward to it.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

#81 - All my hard working out is paying off.... I have actual, visible ab muscles!!! For reals.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Aeryn View Post
Day #6 - Won $30 on a lottery ticket! Woo hoo!

Day #7 - Little E had the sweetest little smile this morning when she woke up, she was so happy to start her day. So cute!
Congratulations on your daughter!!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am sooooooooo happy it's Friday!! I really am!!
Old 05-05-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hey everybody -- I missed several days. I was empaneled on a jury in the Cook County criminal courthouse for a case of armed robbery and murder in the frst degree. I had a four-hour commute and limited internet access. But that's not why I missed days--I still could have checked in every night when I got home and found a Happy, even though, to be perfectly honest, during this process, the happy's were very few and far between.

The real reason I didn't check in is because even before I was empanelled I realized that I had given myself a TON of "daily assignments" that were supposed to make my life better and easier. I had a habit tracker, a work project tracker, a migraine journal, and this thread. I was actually spending a lot of time "checking in" to things--and after awhile it seemed it was not because I actually wanted to, but because I *had* to.

When my normal routine was disrupted by a doubled commute and the emotional ups and downs of jury duty I had no choice but to let go of anything I didn't need. I put my habit tracker on "vacation", I set all of my work projects to "on hold" and bumped the deadlines, and I let go of this thread. Since I had migraines during the jury duty and it didn't involve using a computer or mobile device, I kept that up. And all of that was right for my self-care at the time.

Now that the trial is over (two guilty verdicts and a handful of new friends), I'm gonna need a few days to myself. I need to see the new Avengers movie so I can stop living in fear of someone spoiling it for me. I need to write and read and watch tv and be at home in my nest to refill my introverted well.

I may come back to this thread as things get back to normal, I don't know. Just wanted y'all to know I didn't quit it out of frustration or because I was sick of trying to find the happy or because I don't believe it was a worthwhile exercise (it is). It just wasn't what I needed most the last couple of weeks.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Congratulations on your daughter!!
Thank you LMN!! After almost three years of struggle she was born December 2107!!

It sounds like you are doing well! I'm happy to hear that.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day #8 - Saved up enough money to get the house sprayed for pests so little E and I can enjoy the yard this summer Ant, Bee and other pest free!