I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it?

Old 03-12-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I know that daylight savings is ridiculous....but I cannot express how grateful I am for an extra hour of daylight!!
Old 03-12-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
#28 - I am forever grateful for my BFF, even after 21+ years of friendship. We have lived in separate states for most of our friendship & while it sucks not being able to share a lot of life experiences together, it forces us to have great communication in order to keep our friendship strong & progressing. How do we NEVER run out of things to say?

In all seriousness though, she's my Soul Sister, she "gets" me in so many ways that you can't label even while she continually challenges me to grow outside of my comfort zone. I love her.
Kindred?? Is that you, Kindred???

Ha, just kidding, FireSprite

I have been blessed to have one of these beautiful friendships, too. We have known each other for 38 years and only in the same place for the first 10 years. But, I can't imagine my life without her.

So, FS, using your #28 day post for inspiration, I am grateful for the blessing of a friendship that never fails to lift me up.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:40 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy I handled my morning delimma all by myself. My car wouldn't start, I called roadside service, called my boss, took it to a garage, and got it fixed! Problem solved!! I am so happy it only cost $105.00 too!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Today I am happy that our dog is doing so well after his training. It sounds like a silly one, but he is going to be a BIG boy, and I was truly scared that he was going to be a monster. He is now so much more calm, and just a great dog. Yay!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose View Post
I am grateful for the blessing of a friendship that never fails to lift me up.
I like this summary; well said Kindred!

#29 - DD got her acceptance letters for HS & got into every program she applied for. YES! One of her very best friends was also fully accepted & plans on attending this school, so that's the cherry on the sundae for me. Out of all of her friends, this is the one she has the most in common with & the one that meets her on her level the most; in an authentic, real way. I've also come to like & respect her parents over their last 3 yrs together & their "style" of parenting meshes so well with my own. I don't expect the girls to stay close-close all the way through the next 4 yrs (they are developing teens after all) but I would not be surprised either.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Day #29: Not gonna lie, friends, today truly lives up to the Challenge. I feel pretty down right now. BUT! Feelings aren't facts, and the facts are I have a lot more to be happy about than not. I am healthy, gainfully-employed, and surrounded by good people. Especially here. Happy to be a part of the SR tribe today. Thank you all.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Happy for a new living room!

I had my dads old recliner. They sent it to me when he was getting sick so he would have a recliner at my place when he would visit, but my cat had half shredded it, and it had slight but pretty permanent stains on it. It needed replaced, but I am trying to curb my spending and was going to wait and save for new ones. My aunt has impeccable interior design style, and she gave me 2 fabulous living room chairs that were just reupholstered because she upgraded.

They match everything perfectly! I downloaded a floor plan app, measured my space and all of the furniture, figured out how I wanted my living room, and then was up until 1 this am rearranging and making it perfect.

I sent my aunt pics this am along with a thank you, and her response was "what a beautiful, open, zen color scheme and relaxing place you have!"

Shes right, my tiny space looks bigger and more open, and I cant wait to get home and relax and enjoy it. Change is GOOD (and those words RARELY pass these lips!)
Old 03-13-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that my sweet neighbor is going to pick up my dry cleaning tomorrow since I won't be home in time. I love having caring people in my life!
Old 03-14-2018, 06:58 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

#30 - I am wearing a dress today that I wore when I was 21..... I'm 44 now & it fits better.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hey Hey FS....that is awesome!

Today I am happy because an issue at work is being resolved in my favor (I knew I was right LOL)!

I am also happy that it's my weekend w/my children as I have some things I want us to enjoy together!
Old 03-14-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Day #30: Today I have a therapy appointment over lunch AND a 90-minute massage after work.

Seriously guys, if I screw this day up then I'm doing it all wrong.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:43 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Going to do some drive by stalking of a property my friend is about to get - 2 acres with private fishing access....I am as excited as she is, and her and her hubs won't be able to get rid of me!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that I quit drinking Diet Coke!
Old 03-15-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I am happy that I get off work a couple of hours early today! The sun is shining, hoping to take my dog on a walk or do something outside!
Old 03-15-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Day #31: I'm happy I get to play D&D with my friends tonight.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

From My Day #18 -
~Continually happy that great teachers show up in DD"s path - her history teacher approached her & told her he wanted her to know that she was one of his top students & that if she ever needs any recommendation letters or anything, to let him know.
#31 - that same teacher caught me outside of school this morning & spent 5 minutes telling me how awesome DD is as a student & how respectful & mature & talented she is as a person. (I've only met him once before, at the beginning of the year) He's positive that no matter what direction she takes in life, she will be successful as she is one of the top students in his career (he's near retirement) & such a good person on top of it. He's very old school & it's been a great challenge to her learning processes to be in his class this year. I was so humbled that he took the time to speak to me F2F in this world of technology where it's so easy to just fire off an email or let it go unnoticed.

THESE are the signs on my path that I've been focusing on the Right Things.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Happy to get to see family this weekend!!
Old 03-15-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Gru

Challenging to write this as I am deep in the dumps. But that's why I'm going to think of something.
My dog is so freaking cute. I hadn't seen anything like his basset terrier face before I went to Scotland last summer. There, every dog looks like him. Grumpy whiskery old man.
His long bassety form is sighing on the couch now, waiting for outside adventure. And we will go out. For that I am thankful.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I missed some days...busy week. I think I'll group some together. Hope it's ok.

#28, #29 and #30 - ...when I take a look at myself (honestly and gently) and see the ways I need to carve more time to take care of myself. Lately, it's fit in when the other stuff in my life is taken care of, but I see it's not the way to go since I don't get to it. I need to make sure I have it planned in the day going forward...and then do it (such as meditation). I take responsibility and I'm happy I'm looking at myself honestly and the defensiveness/excuses I may use.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

HoldOn....I completely understand. I have to schedule things into my day to be kind to myself.