I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it?

Old 03-19-2018, 10:46 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

#34 - I registered for a 6 week meditation course last night. It starts in two weeks and I'm looking forward to it. I apprehensive too...it'll take some planning to make sure I set aside time to do it...some times the days get away from me and time flies by.

#35 - I'm trying to put my best self forward...in a perfectly imperfect way. I still have a ways to go in this journey, but it's all good.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
under new management

Day #35 (showing off my day counting skills)

My niece is on an extended trip away from her wife, so I sent a short message letting her wife know that I was thinking about her. NW (niece's wife ) just replied back with a very chatty email and even called me 'auntie'!

My nephew and his wife are expecting their first baby any time now () and I sent NW (nephew's wife.... ) a text to say how excited I am and she replied immediately with pictures of their nursery!

After many rocky years (my fault) with my family, I feel wonderfully blessed to be basking in their unconditional love ♥♥♥
Old 03-19-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Day 1. A clean house
Old 03-19-2018, 07:41 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy my new Keurig arrived today!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

#36 - I just woke up happy today; it's that day where I'm in synch with all the "little" things.

At least, it is so far.... but I'll take it!

The side effect of feeling like life is sometimes a roller coaster of ups & downs is that we learn to appreciate the good/Now/ups when they are happening. I'm grateful to have developed the habit of appreciating what's in front of me instead of lamenting what I feel is lacking.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Day #36: It's election day here in my state! I'll be pulling the levers after work!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Happily sucked into book 2 by my new favorite at the moment author. Thursday is shaping up to be motorcycle weather and I can't wait to get the dust off of mine!
Old 03-20-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Happy I am feeling slightly better today. I pulled a muscle in my back and it has been killing me, so I have not gotten any sleep for days! I have high hopes for tonight though! Still hurting, but making progress.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:58 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that my daughter called just to say that she loves and misses me. We had been estranged since I left her father, so I am happy she is finally coming around!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:19 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

#36 - A quiet and relaxing night...and since there's no school tomorrow because a snow storm is coming...a quiet and relaxing morning too.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Day #37: Full disclosure, I didn't really want to do this today.

There are three main pillars in my life: Home (including family/friends), Work (the day job), and Theatre (my passion). Currently, two of these three pillars are undergoing changes, which is putting a lot of stress on the Home pillar, my mental health, and my emotional balance.

My default in times like this is to turn inward. I struggle to turn outward to things like this, as if finding something to be grateful for/happy about will hurt me more somehow. Intellectually, I know this to be untrue--just like I know both the Work and Theatre pillars will stabilzie eventually and all will be well again, just maybe not on my timeline.

Experience has taught me that turning outward is actually ALWAYS the answer, even if the effort feels too hard.

So today, it's small, but I got there: I just learned how to do something new in Photoshop. It wasn't that hard, but the instructions I had were confusing and I had to work a lot of stuff out on my own. And then I did it.

Thanks again to all on the boards for all the daily reminders.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:50 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

This thread just keeps getting better & better you guys. I can't believe the growth & changes we're all witnessing. YAY - it's working!!

#37 - Elated that my boss adores my DD almost as much as I do & that bringing her to work with me during spring break isn't just OK but encouraged..... and while we're at it we might as well celebrate DD's recent accomplishments & order in from her fave restaurant, right? I'm SO blessed!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Today I am happy that I got to go see my DD's drama class presentation at her school this morning. It was great! She is SUCH a great kid!

I am also happy that while my back still hurts today I was able to get a bit of rest last night.

I hope everyone has a great day, and those in the zone of the snowstorms stay safe!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Busting out the bike after work - it's time!! YAY!
Old 03-21-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that p I am home early and in my favorite pj's already. I am looking forward to a quiet and relaxing evening. I love that I have very limited drama in my life.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for my sister. She has been staying w/me for a bit and it's really nice as we are super close. She is my person. I had a rough day yesterday and she definitely helped me through it. Blessed beyond belief to have such a wonderful family support system.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Day #38: 99 days until my vacation! Also, Deadpool 2 and Avengers: Infinity War. Best Superhero Movie Year Ever. Yay!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:27 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

#38 - Happy for fun marketing projects to focus on today. Sometimes I just need a BREAK from administrative, left-brain logic stuff.

I usually hold this kind of work for my Fridays but this week has been so out of control I made the executive decision to have TWO Fridays at the office this week.... and I scheduled my boss OUT of the office tomorrow from 2pm until after I leave so I can finish on time, beat traffic & get the weekend kicked off on a positive note.

Happy Friday Eve folks!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

A little over 2 years ago, my dad was in Hospice, and they were so great - like I don;t know what we'd have done without them. Last weekend I went to church with my mom, and a Hospice worker spoke for a minute explaining that they need volunteers - to hang out with people, read to them, listen to music, and relieve family caregivers. Monday, I applied to be a Volunteer and they accepted me. Pretty happy today - plenty of kind people have helped me through the years and I owe some service back!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

#37 - Lately, every day (in the past month) my father started to send my mother, brother and me e-mail messages with inspirational quotes and sayings. I usually have one or two in my inbox when I wake up. It's sweet and I appreciate him thinking of it and doing it.

#38 - I took time to sit and quietly connect with myself. I gotta do it more consistently though...there's a sense of peace when I do it.