I Challenge You To... 100 Happy Days. Can you do it?

Old 03-22-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
A little over 2 years ago, my dad was in Hospice, and they were so great - like I don;t know what we'd have done without them. Last weekend I went to church with my mom, and a Hospice worker spoke for a minute explaining that they need volunteers - to hang out with people, read to them, listen to music, and relieve family caregivers. Monday, I applied to be a Volunteer and they accepted me. Pretty happy today - plenty of kind people have helped me through the years and I owe some service back!
That sounds like awesome service, Firebolt!! Good for you!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:34 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
A little over 2 years ago, my dad was in Hospice, and they were so great - like I don;t know what we'd have done without them. Last weekend I went to church with my mom, and a Hospice worker spoke for a minute explaining that they need volunteers - to hang out with people, read to them, listen to music, and relieve family caregivers. Monday, I applied to be a Volunteer and they accepted me. Pretty happy today - plenty of kind people have helped me through the years and I owe some service back!
This was touching to read, Firebolt. A wonderful way to volunteer!
Old 03-22-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I work with Hospice often for clients' end-of-life needs & I can't say enough about the organization or their volunteers & employees.... you could not have picked a better organization to devote your time & energy to firebolt. They are simply amazing, across the board.

Day #38-B........ VERY happy that my husband took today OFF work to spend with DD & actually "do stuff" with her while she's on spring break...... wasn't sure he was going to follow through so I didn't want to count chickens that hadn't hatched..... this is a first people, step back, I am waiting for the lightning strike......

I know that can sound cynical, but it's just being realistic. Past behavior told me he would drop the ball today, so color me pleasantly surprised..... I'll take it!
Old 03-22-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I work with Hospice often for clients' end-of-life needs & I can't say enough about the organization or their volunteers & employees.... you could not have picked a better organization to devote your time & energy to firebolt. They are simply amazing, across the board.
That's awesome to hear! I remember the volunteer cook at the Hospice house my dad was at so fondly. A very gentle soul to go escape dads room to and chit chat with. Another would come in and sing and play the piano so the whole house could here. Looking forward to it!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hospice workers and volunteers deserve a special halo over their heads if you ask me!
Old 03-22-2018, 08:33 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so happy that material things are not nearly as important to me as they were once were. Today, I lost one of my favorite earrings. Although, I am bummed, I am not overly upset. It's only an earring.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

#39 - Happy, happy, happy that yesterday's Part B ended up better than I realized at the time that I posted. When I got home not only had they had a great day, they'd accomplished A LOT of things that have been on the To-Do list for a very long time. WOOHOO!
Old 03-23-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Day #39: This is hard today. I may have to try again after my migraine medication kicks in. Unless--happy for migraine medication, maybe?

Oh no, wait I thought of one. The final season of the Americans starts soon -- definitely happy about that!
Old 03-23-2018, 01:30 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Happy for Tupac! Old school rap Fridays just seem to make the day fly by
Old 03-23-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Omg! What a day!! I am so happy it's Friday and I have the weekend to unwind and decompress.

To my surprise, one of my coworkers was fired today!! Not only will I miss working with her but now I have the "privilege" of doing her job too until we train someone.

Just a reminder for some.....be careful with whom you vent, not everyone is your friend. I let her know early on that I wasn't the person to vent to...that it created too much negativity for me and it was a bad idea in general. She continued and today it caught up her. I hope she finds another job soon and takes this lessons with her. I am thankful I learned how to implement boundaries and stay away from drama!!
Old 03-24-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Day #40: I can do hard things (and today I get the opportunity to prove it). Wish me luck friends.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Day #40: I can do hard things (and today I get the opportunity to prove it). Wish me luck friends.
Good luck, SparkleKitty. Hope everything goes well...and it's wonderful your "I can do it" attitude!
Old 03-24-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

#39 - I wish the moments I connect with myself and the sense of peace I have lasted and stayed with me throughout the day...and I didn't get thrown off when issues arise. BUT, I have a lot of gratitude when I do have those moments and I'll take it. Fleeting at times, but I'll go with it. I had one of those moments the other day, but then I talked with my son's therapist about his appointment and POOF I was back to worrying about some stuff...and the momentary sense of peace I had drifted away.

#40 - I took a walk with my youngest daughter and our dog. It was wonderful to have some time together.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

(Saturday night's) - I am so happy that I can take of myself when I am not feeling well.

Today's - I am so happy that I feel a little better! I have a lot to do but will only do what I can ..... without any guilt or stress.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:21 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

#40 - There is nothing better than the perfect pair of jeans.

#41 - I'm exhausted & probably a bit dehydrated today but I had the BEST time out with friends last night celebrating a birthday. This place, the staff, the regulars - it's become our own little version of "Cheers" where everyone knows our names. It's so awesome having a safe place like that where I can really Let Go & let my authentic self out. There, I'm no one's mother, wife, employee, relative - I can drop almost every label & just Be for just a little while. It always goes too quickly.

I danced away a lot of aggressions, for sure, but I know I'm still holding a lot of stress deep inside. I can feel it. If I can trigger/release a good cry & empty out emotionally, I know I'll feel even better. Strange goal on my list today, eh?
Old 03-25-2018, 04:05 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Day #41: I got to be a reader for auditions today, one of my favorite things to do!
Old 03-25-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

#41 - I took care of me in many ways this weekend...and I needed it.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I checked out a rescue puppy this weekend and put in an application. Hes a large Malinois (Belgian Shepherd) 7 months old - a VERY sweet boy named Bane. He would be a lot of work, and I don't know if I'm totally ready, but I find out today if they chose me or the other gal that applied for him....and if they chose me, I have to figure out if I'm saying yes! So, we'll see, and it's fun to think about being a dog person again.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Day #42: I do not have to go back to the dentist for six more months!
Old 03-26-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

#42 - Really, really happy to be at a point where I understand that when people are judging me, it's really due to some flaw or hole in their own world that they externalizing onto me because it's an easy-out.

It's EASY to judge others or to get the absolute wrong idea about the things you think you see/know.

I'm still REALLY tired of it though. It's old. It hurts. Sometimes it seems like one of the few constant, unchanging parts of life. [big, phat sigh]