Need your opinions please!!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

this is what can be known as "doing a geographical" - oh the bad stuff happened HERE, let's go somewhere else! but if i recall, you met him back in the other state, he od'd in the other state. it wasn't all sunshine and daisies. see the problem is.....no matter WHERE he goes, there HE is. you guys had high hopes with THIS move, remember? better job, closer to the folks, fresh start.

I agree with this. My exah forced us to move many times during our 20 year marriage cos he thought he'd be happier so therefore not drink somewhere else. He never was. He brought himself and his issues with him. When things didn't work out he re-wrote history and said it had been my bad idea to move there. I can remember one move finally getting everything in off the drive at 2.30 am exhausted and he sat and drank the rest of the night.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I know that can be true... in our case I think we do have valid reasons that this move hasnt worked out too well, and going back "home" doesnt sound too bad. First has to do with his parents and how we hoped to build a relationship with them since they kept encouraging us to come here...its not gonna happen. And then we just miss home and my family was out there... friends who were healthy to be around... a job he loved.. a job I loved (but probably cant get mine back now). So its more than just we screwed up here and lets run to another place and start over. We had a pretty good life and were happy. But we arent jumping to do anything, it will take a lot of planning, so ?