CPS called and wants to meet.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

" Yet CPS is going to judge me".....

Yes, they are....because "He has 2 duis, domestic violence, public intoxication, possession of a controlled substance, solisitation of a prostitute, ect..." AND your son did bring alcohol to school.

Its really sad that you rationalize that you can leave your children in this environment and think they are just fine (for money no less). The CPS visit has been earned. You should read the ACOA forum. Perhaps it may open your eyes a bit to being raised in a chaotic, abusive, alcoholic home.

P.S. "solisitation of a prostitute, ect..." grounds for biblical divorce.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:18 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey AW, where are you?

Hope to talk to you either later or tomorrow. Remember what I said about isolating yourself. Please don't do that.

amy
Old 11-16-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=redatlanta;5647702][B]" Yet CPS is going to judge me.
Its really sad that you rationalize that you can leave your children in this environment and think they are just fine (for money no less). The CPS visit has been earned. You should read the ACOA forum. Perhaps it may open your eyes a bit to being raised in a chaotic, abusive, alcoholic home.

I'm not leaving him while there is money on the table. I'm thinking of my kids future. Even with his history he has a good income. As long as the cards are right, I 'm willing to leave.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

There may be good money on the table, but I would suggest that you go to this lawyer alone, and also ask about how you would do financially if you left. You have 3 children that would be eligible for child support, also alimony for you. Half of all the assets.

I just want you to be able to look outside the box as they say.

It really isn't a good life for anyone is you are miserable.

amy
Old 11-16-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Hey AW, where are you?
Hope to talk to you either later or tomorrow. Remember what I said about isolating yourself. Please don't do that.
amy
I'm here but feel a bit offended by some responses.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Didn't I tell you take what you can for now, and leave the rest? You may want to look back later on at the stuff you left behind, but for now, I really do think that you just need someone to talk to. I don't know what other support you have right now. I'm here for you.

amy
Old 11-16-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Thank you Amy. I do appreciate your responses and kindness.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I think you remember that I told you I stopped going to a forum, it was because I wasn't ready to hear what they were saying. Just know that it is really according to your own speed with these things. I will never push you or pressure you. I think you had enough of that already. I am here to listen, lend a hand, support you and hold you when you feel you are going down.

I did go thru this also.

amy

I just want you to have a safe place to go to. I didn't have that for a long time.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Just wanted to send some prayers that CPS makes the welfare of the children the priority and that they do the right thing.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I just want you to know that when you come to this side, there are many people here who are in or have been in abusive relationships. I was one of them.

I was on a forum where a comment that you made above would have made me run for the hills, and hide and isolate myself more then I already did.

I can deal with things now, but this is a newcomer looking for help. It might have been the first time in her life that she did this. I don't know.

Her defensiveness, could be the same as mine. I didn't want to admit I was a failure. I am religious, you get married, it's supposed to be for life. There's a lot of embarrassment in there. I try to just talk to a person so that they can come out of a shell that they cover themselves with.

If we can't do that, then they run from the forum, and they never get help.

amy
Old 11-16-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

^^^^
amy55,
Since you didn't use names was this comment addressed to me????
Old 11-16-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

cynical one, um, no, wasn't meant for you. I did appreciate your response.

It was in response to being close minded.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by angrywife232310 View Post
I'm here but feel a bit offended by some responses.

In my experience and that of others, generally when I have been offended or angered by something someone has said its because they are spot on about my situation and/or behavior, and I didn't want to hear it.

One of the best things you could do for yourself is to meet with an attorney and take a look at what divorce would mean for you financially. Educating yourself regarding your options is necessary to figure your path. it doesn't mean you HAVE to do anything.

Anytime a government entity is contacting you be it the IRS or CPS it is best to get legal guidance. Someone has reported you, perhaps the school is mandated to contact for an alcohol violation, but I tend to think there is more reason why this reporting occurred. Since they have the ability to remove your children from your home take heed, and prepare for it. I am not implicating this will happen it could be nothing more than a 15 minute wellness check, it COULD happen.

Wishing you clarity as you move forward in dealing with this difficult situation.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I will put my 2 cents in on this matter. This is an open forum and we all educate our selves to our own short comings by reading other forums. I believe we are all entitled to post and read on all of them.

I understand Amy's position to protect the new comer. There has been many comments about compassion and understanding that AW is just not ready to hear. Its no different then "us" telling our addict that they need to seek help. She is just not ready to hear this now.

I can understand A4W being offending by AW comments of what a "sub-human" her alcoholic husband his. AW will eventually understand that we are all Gods children. NO one is better then the next, even someone in the midst of a horrible "disease". She continued to offend alcoholics on this board and doesn't grasp that. It is their right to comment and be offended by her posts. Telling her that it was wrong for her to post on this side is wrong, just because you don't like what she says.

Everyone on this board is seeking help and guidance. By offending people it does not help anyone. This thread is reality. There is a lot of sick people, me included. But until I was ready to open my ears and eyes and close my mouth, I did not find serenity.

Someday AW will have to come to terms with her anger. In time our hearts soften, not sure if someday she will be open to that. But this is what the forum is for, to voice EVERYONE'S opinion and respect EVERYONE'S opinion.

As they say in Alanon TAKE WHAT YOU WANT AND LEAVE THE REST!!

HUGS EVERYONE and be grateful that we have this board and the freedom to discuss these matters like adults!!
Old 11-17-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Okay people. Go breath some air. Walk around the block. If you cannot say something supportive to the original poster then don't say anything at all. Go read our rules for posting.

This thread has been derailed into name calling and is now closed.

Mike
Moderator, SR