100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

Old 10-18-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Delighted to have had a nap this afternoon w/big soft Ned the basset on one side of me and little warm Missy the demon terrier on the other!
Old 10-19-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

#10 - Grateful & happy that even when I'm overdone & short on patience & can't get *my* time, DD is still pretty easy & fun to "deal" with. [ I reserve the right to renege on this statement as we get further into hormones & puberty though, lol]

#11 - Grateful for this cooler weather; I really do LOVE autumn!

#12 - Happy that I picked up clip-on runner's lights on a clearance deal a few months ago. I woke up motivated to walk this morning but I needed to head out 15 mins ahead of sunrise & it was DARK.

Happy Monday Folks!
Old 10-19-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Grateful for waking up in a good mood most days...seriously, one of the millions of things that have gotten better is I wake up happy bc the night before did not include any name calling, drunk drama or scary things. Blessed to wake up happy!!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful and happy that my ex-husband and I have come to a place in our parenting relationship that we communicate well, and put our daughters first. We've both come a long way from the time immediately after the divorce when he would only communicate with me via certified mail.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Grateful for a few hours of quiet.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Day 10 - Happy for a cooking yummy healthy meals

day 11 - Happy to get my new .22 and scope sighted in!

Day 12 - Happy for my nieces soccer games and family willing to travel to see them.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

10/19
So happy for you all!!
SR and Al-anon (but especially SR) have taught me so much and I will forever be grateful.
AH is back to his abusive self (I just posted a thread about it).
He said some really really hurtful things... but I am so very thankful that I am able to not take it all so personally.
It still hurts, but I see it so much differently now.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

#11 Grateful for the ability to think clearly, for being well rested and eager to work.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I was sitting here, trying to think of what I was especially grateful for today. It was a good enough day, but I couldn't pick out one specific thing or event or idea...

Then I thought, hey, just being able to appreciate an "okay" day is something in itself, right? Letting go of the need to have a GREAT day in order to be happy, realizing that "just enough" really is enough. A calm, peaceful, non-roller coaster day is nothing to take for granted.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

^^^ Beautiful.

Last winter when I read about this project, I did this for a while with photos. Some days that's easier than thinking of something to write. It forces me to look at things differently.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

A few days ago it took waiting out a rough day, and then giving it space before I could see a positive of the day, in retrospect. Grateful for being gentle with myself.

12. Grateful for a rainy night, a new headlight assembly for the Jeep (working on installing it in the rain), grateful for "baked" beans made from scratch in a pot on the stove, with DS8, from beans I had soaked several days ago. Grateful for 2 dozen farm fresh eggs I bought at the auto parts store.
Grateful for learning to be of service and part of a community. For feeling the support of others and being able to give of myself, while not being responsible for everything.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Grateful for my "aromatherapy necklace." I am using the heck out of this little piece of jewelry since I got it and I love it!

For those who don't know, it's basically a locket that allows you to put a bit of fabric or cotton inside and drop a few drops of an essential oil or essential oil blend on it. Then the scent wafts up to you all day long, bringing the benefits of that particular oil to you all day long.

Sometimes I use a lavender blend for calm, or a citrus blend for energy. Sage and rosemary works for energy also. Today I've got frankincense, for breaking free from the past, plus patchouli for grounding and balancing, plus bergamot just b/c it smells so darn good!

Yet another new thing I've learned about since turning my energies on me instead of XAH....
Old 10-20-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

@HP. I love bergamot. Just had a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea this morning. Yummy.
Grateful for teenage "brattitude" (that's a word, right?) giving me a chance to practice my recovery. DS14 decided he wasn't going to get out of bed until it was actually time for school to start, then he needed a 25 minute shower to wash away his teenage boy funk. So he ended up throwing off the morning for everyone. If it happens again I'll take DS6 to school first so he doesn't get shortchanged out of morning recess time.
Was contemplating skipping my Alanon meeting this a.m., but I definitely need it today. Pretty much wore out my daily stock of patience keeping my cool, and it's not quite 9 a.m.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

#10- grateful for the first batch of warm, lentil soup of the fall

#11- grateful for having time and energy to get my quilting cabinet organized

#12- grateful for getting my Halloween wall hanging finished!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

#13- forgot today! Grateful for a good job with caring people.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

#13 - So very happy for cereal; it's like my perfect food. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. Simple, fast, a thousand choices. I was on a multi-grain Cheerios kick for a couple of weeks but today I'm all about the Krave, lol.

HP - I haven't had any patchouli in years, omgoodness, totally forgot about that one. Did you order your necklace online or buy it locally?
Old 10-20-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

#13 - Happy my family can come stay again for a few days this weekend!
Old 10-20-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Grateful today to have found a small spot in my apartment to do early morning meditation, (meditation is still very new for me to practice); grateful that I realized being consistent with things that work on my own self care and awareness are of most importance these days.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
HP - I haven't had any patchouli in years, omgoodness, totally forgot about that one. Did you order your necklace online or buy it locally?
I did buy it online, seems there are a zillion places selling them. The first one I bought was a real cheapo off of Etsy, which was an experiment to see if I'd like it. I did like it, but the metal turned colors and made me itch within the first 2 weeks I had it. I decided it was worth the investment and spent about $25 on a surgical steel one that should last forever. The locket is held closed by a strong magnet, and I do mean strong! No way this baby is coming open w/o my permission...

This is the exact one I have. The locket is almost exactly the same diameter as a quarter and about 1/4 inch thick.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

#12 Grateful for arts and crafts, and the craftiest season of all: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, all packed in two months. I so enjoy decorating my place. And I am grateful for dark chocolate with orange and almonds inside. Yum!