I'm so foolish

Old 06-04-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thanks firesprite. Feeling really stupid for getting caught up in a bit of attention and a few nice words only to be blown off when I take a risk. It's becoming very obvious that he was only interested in one thing and when he realised I wasn't ready he blows me off. Either that or he saw how crazy and needy I was and I scared him off. I contact d him tonight just to ask how he was and he was very distant. I found myself asking what was wrong why was he being so distant. His response I think it's better that we remain friends you know that. I told him yes I know but we talked a lot more before anything happened between us and he said he's just been working flat out. Completely blown off, he still spoke to me all the time when he was at work!! I know I acted completely crazy and obsessive and I know it's nuts behaving this way after a few weeks. I'm embarrassed and feeling that I did something wrong for him to change so quickly.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sounds like his issue more than yours to me Butterfly

I wouldn't worry about it--delete his number and move on.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
It's becoming very obvious that he was only interested in one thing and when he realised I wasn't ready he blows me off.
I agree. So as with all else, look at his actions rather than listening to his words before you decide it's all your fault, B.

You always seem so much more comfortable accepting blame than assigning it. Not a judgment, but an observation. If you can get at why that is, then this whole situation will have proved a powerful learning experience.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Thank you hawkeye and sparklekitty

Accepting blame has always been more comfortable and I have realised that it's because if it's my fault then I can fix it, I can change whatever it is about me that the other person doesn't like so they will want me.

I know I know if someone really likes me they won't be scared off so easily and they will want to help me through this, just like my real friends who put up with all my crazy and still love me.