My friend was found dead yesturday. Support please

Old 08-08-2004, 08:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann
Soul Catcher

I too am so very sorry for your loss.

I believe that God puts friends in our lives for a reason, sometimes for a short time and sometimes for a lifetime, and that as we share our time together we profoundly affect each other and the quality of our lives is elevated forever because of that friendship. It is a gift, however fleeting, and we are blessed to have spent that time together.

Her spirit will live forever in your memory, and may you cherish the time you had with her. May your sad days be brightened knowing that she is now at peace with God.

Hugs
Ann
Ann very well put.
Soul Catcher,so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Friendship is a gift, however fleeting. God puts friends in our lives for a reason, sometimes for a short time and sometimes for a lifetime, and that as we share our time together we profoundly affect each other and the quality of our lives. Keep her memory in your heart. Postive-comfort vibes are being sent your way in my prayers.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Soul Catcher, My heart goes out to you. I know how difficult it is to lose someone so dear to you. You have to believe that she is in a much better place and just cherish the time you had with her. We just lost a wonderful guy that we work with on Tuesday. He was 47, had 7 children and died at work of a massive heart attack. No one has the answers as to why people are taken away from us, but we just have to believe that there is a reason for everything and have faith in God. My prayers are with you.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Radar

(((((Soulcatcher)))))) I'm so sorry. You will be in my prayers. I don't know if this will help but I get a lot of support from The Prophet

From The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

Then Almitra spoke, saying, "We would ask now of Death."
And he said: You would know the secret of death. But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life? The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light. If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life. For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond; and like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring. Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honor.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king? Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And what is it to cease breathing but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

OK now I know who my son was ringing the bell for..They say that everytime a bell rings someone goes to heaven...
I am sorry for your loss and you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers
Sunnie
Old 08-08-2004, 12:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Once again I am reminded of how deadly this disease is. Hang in there hon. I just said a prayer for you and for Jamie and her family too.
Old 08-08-2004, 12:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I've Taken My Life Back!!

Originally Posted by Karivan
(((((Soulcatcher)))))) I'm so sorry. You will be in my prayers. I don't know if this will help but I get a lot of support from The Prophet

From The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran

Then Almitra spoke, saying, "We would ask now of Death."
And he said: You would know the secret of death. But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life? The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light. If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life. For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond; and like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring. Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honor.
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king? Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? And what is it to cease breathing but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.
WOW! I must agree, and say that this brought tears to my eyes, so much truth and beauty , thank you for sharing this!!
Old 08-08-2004, 02:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Many Hugs and Prayers to you{**{Soul Catcher}}}

You were very Blessed to know her even if it was such a short time. The laughter she brought to your life you will cherish forever!!!Now she is bringing laughter to the Angels.

Take care,
matters
Old 08-08-2004, 03:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Soul Catcher...Yes you were blessed to have known her..even if for a short time..but also know this...she was equally blessed to have had you for a friend. You are in my thoughts dear. I will light a candle for your friend as well as for her boyfriend and pups..they must be very confused..wondering where she has gone. Be kind to yourself hun.

Mom
Old 08-08-2004, 05:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

MY Heartfelt Sympathy, Soul Catcher..
I have a saying that I would like, to share.

"In reality we never lose the people we love.
They become immortal through us.
They continue to live in our hearts and minds.
They participate in our every act, idea, and decision.
No one will ever replace them, and in spite of the
pain, we are richer for the time we shared with them."

Again, My Sympathy, grief is sooo very hard, so glad you have all these people on SR.
clancy46
Old 08-08-2004, 05:26 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Soul Catcher. Seems like God just had other plans for Jamie. Unfortunately, that does not make it any easier on those of us left behind.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

Gaint Hugs Soul Catcher and Jamie!

I can only add my prayers to those that have been said for both of you.
Love and prayers from one who cares,
Daffodil
Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I would also like to say that I am so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself in your grief.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Gracey

My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family and friends.......I am sorry for your loss......

Old 08-09-2004, 12:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

soulcatcher

clancy's poem said it best.

my sincere sympathy for your loss!

cwohio
Old 08-09-2004, 05:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Survivor

Blessings are coming your way. Remember your dear new friend always and be happy. She would want you to be happy. Use your short time with her as an inspiration. I will put you in my prayers tonight dear one.

(((((big hugz to you))))

~Def