My friend was found dead yesturday. Support please

Old 08-07-2004, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy My friend was found dead yesturday. Support please

About a month ago I met this girl Jamie and we hit it off right from the start. We started talking everyday and hanging out and would bring our dogs over to each others house for "doggie playdates" I remember saying to myself not to long before I met her that I miss laughing, that I just don't laugh like I used to. Then I met her and she was the funniest person I have ever met. She told me that she used to have seizures but she was five months since she had one. She was so excited she was going to get her drivers license back in a month. We were just out singing karoke on Wednesday and now on Monday I will be going to her funeral. I have a hard time with death and don't understand why she was in my life for such a short time and then taken away. I am really freaked out and I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight. I am in total shock. Her boyfriend found her on the floor, the vacum still running and the dog was freaking out running in circles. She had been dead for three to four hours. She didn't have any kids, only the dog and I was her only friend besides her boyfriend. I am just so sad. Thanks for letting me share.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On The Yellow Brick Road

Soul Catcher,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I too have lost someone close to me. I lost my brother about two years ago. God gives us gifts in other people. When I close my eyes i can still hear the sound of his laughter. That is something i can hold on to until we meet again. So hold the laughter that you shared in a special place in your heart and when you meet again you can laugh with her. Keep comfort in knowing your friend is in a better place and i am sure watching over you. My prayers are with you!!!!!!!!!!

Love and Understanding,
Vicky
Old 08-07-2004, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

My friend was found dead yesturday. Support please

I am new here and this was the first post I read and had to respond in a way that I hope might somehow help.

I dont know how they died....but in order for you to get on with you own journey in this world....you must sit and think of what the lesson is that you need to take from this terrible tragedy !!

I speak for myself of course...I have been through many family & friends suicides, ODS, ...etc. ~ And hopefully you can at some point know that at least they are out of pain now and that you can take this opportunity to grow !!

Anyways, sorry so long and I dont mean to make it sound like the above is so easy to do...because it is not !! But I promise you that it does get better and you just have to work with what you got !!

In closing, I am not a real religious person, but I do like to believe that there is something bigger than us and if you work hard and be honest with yourself, you WILL survive & grow !! There is ALWAYS someone who is here to listen @

: ) Many Many hugs and condolences (sp?) Hang in there and feel your feelings as the come along !!

Last edited by lovndab; 08-07-2004 at 09:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-07-2004, 09:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. We don't know how she died at this point. She could have OD'd or died during her seizure. She said she had something like an anyerism twisted in with a nerve or something like that. The thing is...IF she died from a drug over dose I know who gave them to her. IF so I will turn him in.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On The Yellow Brick Road

Soul Catcher,

My brother did die from an OD. I had a very dificult time with thinking about the people he was around that night. I finally got to the point that i had to let my feelings go. I said a prayer that God would help me make it through and he did. I loved my brother with all my heart and i know he is not suffering anymore. I pray for the people he was with that night. I pray that some how they learned from that experience and have changed. It took me a long time to be able to give it to God. But for the moment just keep yourself in the good memories you shared with your friend. She is now an angel with wings and is bound by nothing!!
Old 08-07-2004, 10:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

I can only offer deep condolences on the loss of your friend! (((Soul Catcher)))
Old 08-07-2004, 10:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

((Soul Catcher))
Glad that you feel safe enough here to share that personal tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends loved ones tonight. There are no words of comfort, only empathy and love. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-07-2004, 11:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Soul Catcher
Old 08-08-2004, 02:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Soul Catcher,
I am so sorry for your loss. I believe your friend is in a better place.
Love and light to you and those that mourn her passing,
Gabe
Old 08-08-2004, 03:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Soul Catcher

I too am so very sorry for your loss.

I believe that God puts friends in our lives for a reason, sometimes for a short time and sometimes for a lifetime, and that as we share our time together we profoundly affect each other and the quality of our lives is elevated forever because of that friendship. It is a gift, however fleeting, and we are blessed to have spent that time together.

Her spirit will live forever in your memory, and may you cherish the time you had with her. May your sad days be brightened knowing that she is now at peace with God.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-08-2004, 04:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Soul Catcher, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

God Bless
Patsy
Old 08-08-2004, 04:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
believer

Soul Catcher, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend's family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Take care,
JG
Old 08-08-2004, 05:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Soul Catcher,

I echo above that you and your loved ones are in my prayers. I pray too for all those that your friend knew.

(((((hugs)))))
Terry
Old 08-08-2004, 05:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((Soul Catcher.)))

Prayers for you and Jamie.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dax

I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful person- a dog lover and a fun person to be with. Hugs dax
Old 08-08-2004, 06:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

((((Soul))) my prayers are wuth you. Hugs Teggie
Old 08-08-2004, 06:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I've Taken My Life Back!!

(((((((((((soul)))))))))) So sorry for your loss, I too lost someone dear to me last fall, he was in my life for a short time, I know what you mean when you speak of that laughter....the person I lost committed suicide and I dont think I ever really got over it, but I trust that he is in a better place and is free of all pain. My heart goes out to you, and hugs.. be glad you were able to share a part of Jamie's life, although a short time, it is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all, even if just loved as friendship, Blessings to you!
Old 08-08-2004, 06:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear about your loss. You were meant to meet and love her. Keep her in your heart for the times you need her...she helped you laugh again. What a gift she gave! Bittersweet for sure, but, she made an impact on your life for the positive...please keep that thought although you may grieve, you will know in your heart she helped you the short time you knew her. Certainly she was an angel.
Prayers and thoughts are with you...
Hugs,
Wolfstarr
Old 08-08-2004, 06:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Often times I think we drive ourselves crazy asking such questions as "why". There are just some answers that we aren't meant to have right away. But someday maybe we will be given the answers to the questions that we seek the answers too.

It sounds to me that she gave you a wonderful gift. A gift of friendship, of sharing, and laughter and happiness. I doubt that she would want you to forget about those things. I think she would want you to continue to live being happy. Our friends always want what is best for us.
And since you mentioned that she had no other friends than you and her boyfriend, I'm sure that the gifts you gave her were just as precious and priceless.

Just wanted to share my thoughts with you as well as send you my condolenses.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sending my condolences.you are in my thoughts a prayers..