Ready to Let Go Now

Old 08-05-2004, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Survivor

Lightbulb Ready to Let Go Now

These past 8 months I have spent a lot of time feeling hurt and angry and dwelling on my past and my mother's drinking. Now, I am ready to let go and move on. I no longer want to feel hurt and I no longer want to feel resentment. I want to be happy now so I will.

I am fortunate that I do not have to live in an alcoholic environment. I have grown so much and I realize that there is happiness out there in the world for me. It is time for me to claim my happiness. It is time to smile and be free of the cloud that hung over my head for so long.

I have decided that I love my family as they are, wish they would take better care of theirselves, and would happily support them if they made that decision. In the meanwhile, however, I have the right to take care of myself and be happy. I can be myself and do those things that make me happy. I do not have to listen to everyone important to me. I can consider their suggetions and advice, but I do not have to take it.

I can do things my way. I can live life the way I want to now. I can be a positive and happy person and I no longer have to worry about my family. God will take care of them. He/She will also take care of me as he/she always has.

Blessings and peace to all,

~Def
Old 08-05-2004, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Def))))

My just look how you have grown....
Old 08-05-2004, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Def, your progress has been astounding.
Maybe I'm amazed.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((Def))))) Ahhh, your post touches my heart! That is so wonderful!!! Hang in there !! It's an inspiration to all of us! Hugs! Teggie
Old 08-06-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Def)))
You are amazing and so right. I'm so happy that you found your peace. I know your life will hold wonderful things for you.
I'm in your cheering section - you go girl !
L
Old 08-09-2004, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Survivor

Thanx so much for your support as always. I have done a good job of letting go and letting God but this is a life long process. I know now that I do have control though and from this point on I will take it. I have been so happy since I decided to let go and I feel free. I feel brand new. My doth runneth over.