"Self-Care Saturday"... do something for YOU today!

Old 01-31-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I'm celebrating record sales in my essential oil/home & bath products business this month by going grocery shopping with my kids, and then getting DQ for dinner.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Great stuff you guys!

I found some great garage sale stuff & spent good time with my mom & DD. Mom has overcome some big obstacles in her own recovery in the last couple of weeks, so it was nice to listen to her growth.

I managed a rockin' manicure, if I do say so myself. Love that I got all my supplies at the Dollar Tree.

Found a gift card for $50 that I forgot about, for my favorite restaurants.... so I'm viewing menus online, deciding what to order for take-out. (I'm not really feeling social, I'm going to watch The Interview on Netflix & maybe follow it up with some Kevin Smith a la Mallrats or Dogma.)

DD & I decided to start a no-sugar challenge for 7 days starting tomorrow, eliminating snacks as much as possible & sticking to only natural sugar (fruit).

Originally Posted by TonightTonight View Post
(how does absorbing the magnesium help oneself btw?)
Magnesium does all kinds of wonderful stuff! My favorite, immediate benefit is that I always sleep like a baby afterward. I like getting Epsom with lavender or eucalyptus too sometimes.

11 Miraculous Ways Magnesium Heals Your Mind & Body

Magnesium Supplements: Benefits, Safety & Other Facts
Old 01-31-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

This is great! Today I spent the day with my best friend and her oldest daughter, trying on dresses for her wedding in August. I get to be the maid of honor! She said she was worried about me since I just broke up with my abf (had planned to marry him), but I told her 'no, it was fine.' I wanted the day to be about her, and we had a blast!
Old 01-31-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

FS, I make a magnesium body butter that I can't live without. Magnesium is SO important to the body.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

My first and foremost plan was to get some sleep...we've been shorthanded at work since the day after Christmas and I think I've had 3 days off, total, since then. I am just damn tired!! I've been putting lavender oil on a cotton pad and placing it over the outflow from my heating stove at night, and it's heavenly. I did get a good solid nap yesterday and I'm off today, *****!!

Plans for today include snow removal (I'll get to practice my snow blower skills, and maybe some roaring, too--see here if you missed it http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...wing-snow.html), dog walking, grocery shopping, Alanon this AM and a reiki share this afternoon. Somewhere in there will be a hot bath w/Epsom salts and eucalyptus and/or rosemary essential oil, for all the reasons FireSprite listed.

I'm thinking this will all leave me in pretty good shape physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually for my next 8-day stretch of work.

I really love these threads and I'm glad you revived this one, FS.

ETA: Related to the magnesium discussion, blackstrap molasses is a great source of magnesium, too, as well as iron and calcium. I love it in coffee.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

That's a really good way to use lavender, honeypig! I have a diffuser, but in the absence of one, that stove trick will work!
Old 02-01-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm really glad that the magnesium thing came up - I had forgotten some of the benefits & am probably still not getting a sufficient amount....this was a good reminder.

Grits - Body butter? Do tell! It never occurred to me to get the mineral that way.

I took Lillamy's suggestion & slept in this morning, since the entire household seemed to want to. (even the cats) That felt pretty indulgent! Then I exfoliated my face & did a great mask with honey, lemon, mango & coconut oil.

Played checkers with DD, shopped for fresh produce & got the best strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & blackberries. We are packing tomorrow's lunches: spinach/romaine salad with turkey (that I roasted) and mixed berries with cinnamon almonds for snack. Smoothies for breakfast with scrambled eggs & turkey bacon. Exciting stuff, I tell ya.

Glad you all enjoyed your weekends!

PS - Honeypig.... I was watching Katy Perry perform "Roar" at the halftime show & thought immediately of you & your snowblower........ RRRRRRRAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8
"Roar"

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

You held me down, but I got up (HEY!)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
Get ready 'cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar

Now I’m floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
Get ready ’cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

[Chorus]
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
‘Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You’re gonna hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You'll hear me roar
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar...
Old 02-01-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

FS - I use Wellness Mama's recipe for the body butter. I have Crohn's Disease, so I don't absorb most of what I take in. I use body butters and carrier oils to help get a lot of the things I can't get through my digestive tract. http://wellnessmama.com/8586/magnesium-body-butter/