The Language of Letting Go, Feb. 2

Old 02-01-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, Feb. 2

FEBRUARY 2

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Trusting Our Higher Power

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Higher Power, as we understood Him.
--Step Three of Al-Anon

So much talk about a Higher Power, Higher Power, as we understand Higher Power. So much joy as we come to understand Him. Spirituality and spiritual growth are the foundations of change. Recovery from codependency is not a do-it-yourself task.

Is Higher Power a relentless taskmaster? A hardhearted, shaming wizard with tricks up the sleeve? Is Higher Power deaf? Uncaring? Haphazard? Unforgiving?

No.

A loving Higher Power, a caring Higher Power. That is the Higher Power of our recovery No more pain than is necessary for usefulness, healing, and cleansing. As much goodness and joy as our heart can hold, as soon as our heart is healed, open, and ready to receive Higher Power: approving, accepting, instantly forgiving.

Higher Power has planned little gifts along the way to brighten our day and sometimes big, delightful surprises perfectly timed, perfect for us.

A Master Artist, Higher Power will weave together all our joy, sadness and experience to create a portrait of our life with depth, beauty, sensitivity, color, humor, and feeling.

Higher Power as we understand Him: A loving Higher Power. The Higher Power of our recovery.

Today, I will open myself to the care of a loving Higher Power. Then, I will let Higher Power show me love.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Honeypig...I needed that one today