The Progression...

Old 04-13-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What Ann said ^^^^

I'm really sorry it continues, Rotz! You are both in my prayers.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Box---I agree with you. The bottom line is that you have to look out for Box---'cause it is apparent that nobody else is gonna do it. You have bent over backwards--and, then some, for this man.

It gets to a point when you just have to "let go and let God".

dandylion
Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that the saga continues for you. Please take care of yourself and your health - as Dandylion said - ain't nobody else going to .
Old 04-13-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad you posted Boxy - you sound like a different person from before (in a good way). I'm so sad & amazed that he didn't take things seriously after his life was threatened. He was so fortunate to come out of that - you'd think he'd be terrified to drink a drop. He's had the amazing gift of you standing by his side through it all. He couldn't have asked for more - he got to live and he got to keep you & his home.

The pool and the kids are beautiful. I'm happy you've had them to focus on to help keep your sanity.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I thought my husband would be scared to drink after causing an accident driving drunk with kids in the car. He drove into a tree. He was afraid even to go down the alcohol aisle at the grocery store. But after 6 months, that fear went away and he picked up the bottle again.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Box. I can't imagine drinking after all he lived through last summer. to you & the kids!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

@ladyscribbler, I see this isn't the thread,It was titled "Progression", anyhow I meant no disrespect...I'm new to forums and spending time on the net.Bye Bye thread,Definitely the wrong place.@BoxinRotz, I hope things work out for you!
Old 04-13-2014, 04:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skeezicks View Post
@ladyscribbler, I see this isn't the thread,It was titled "Progression", anyhow I meant no disrespect...I'm new to forums and spending time on the net.Bye Bye thread,Definitely the wrong place.@BoxinRotz, I hope things work out for you!
I hope things work out for you. You have to work it for it to work man! Good luck to you.
Old 04-13-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

boxin, doesn't it put your husband's life in danger if he is drinking before the job? I mean I would think you need all your senses in working in a prison setting. Some of the convicts may see he's under the influence and take advantage?
Old 04-13-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

His alcoholism has progressed to the point where he could not care. He knows it's wrong but he doesn't care.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I know it's disappointing. HUGS to you. xoxo
Old 04-13-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

That's very sad. I am sorry you have to watch it ((((hugs)))).
Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
His alcoholism has progressed to the point where he could not care. He knows it's wrong but he doesn't care.
How are you this week Roxy?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just want to drop in and say I support you, I think your doggies are lovely and that you are too. I hope you do kind things for YOU this week!

XXX
Old 04-16-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'm doing good guys! Really... I am! I was supposed to clean the house but didn't. lol I did laundry and worked on the pool, went to the gym n played with the pups!

Jimmy is sober for now. He's starting a Drug &Alcohol Program tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath though. He's looking at a night of street time or a write up. We'll find out in a few weeks for sure. I don't even care as long as he doesn't lose that job!!!

I'm beat! I broke my back hanging over the side of the pool today fixing a leaky skimmer box for 6 hours! Augh... I did end up fixing it!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
I'm doing good guys! Really... I am! I was supposed to clean the house but didn't. lol I did laundry and worked on the pool, went to the gym n played with the pups!

Jimmy is sober for now. He's starting a Drug &Alcohol Program tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath though. He's looking at a night of street time or a write up. We'll find out in a few weeks for sure. I don't even care as long as he doesn't lose that job!!!

I'm beat! I broke my back hanging over the side of the pool today fixing a leaky skimmer box for 6 hours! Augh... I did end up fixing it!
You are a strong woman and I admire you!

Old 04-16-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Is he in a union? If he is than it will be very hard for them to fire him without giving him a chance to sober up.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Just musing.

Do you really still believe the 20 years sober part?

Just asking.

I mean you were not around to see that, were you?
Old 04-16-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I've asked all of his close family members and friends because I wondered Hammer! I really did and it was true that he was. They all said he was doing well! When I met him, he was just heading south with his sobriety. So sad to see him throw 20 years away like that. I've read that those who are sober for a long time and go back usually don't make it back to sobriety. I think I read here that there is less than 10% who will sober up again for the long haul.

I don't know if he'll make it or not. I always hope that he will. As I told his Dr, His alcoholism is like his grain to wood. It's a part of who he is and when you're married to someone with issues like that, you accept it to a degree but you always want more for them. They can only give themselves more though. I will never cure him. I just take care of me when he gets bad. And I pray.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

He's union Maggie's.