The Progression...

Old 04-12-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Progression...

So ready to ring his friggen neck right now! He's about to get his a$$ handed to him at work in ohhhhhhh 15 minutes! He's called off 4 times since January. He's blown through 7 Holidays and 4 weeks of vacation. He's been nothing but a drunk even though we've been getting along because I mind my own damn business and covet my peacefulness! I need my house to be peaceful since he's came through it like wildfire as I was fanning the flames the last 2 years! I've learned so much and now, I'm seeing his alcoholism progress. It's affecting his job now. He's drinking and going to work. He's putting our financial well being in danger as if that bike accident wasn't enough last summer! He's going to ruin us!!! If he doesn't get walked off the job tonight, Mr. PartyOfOne will probably get street time. That's an unpaid vacation since the jerk wants to call off!

I told him today if he loses his job, he has to go to his Mommy's for awhile. I won't be able to look at him. I need a strong, confidant man in my life... not a man with a bigger vagina than I have.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh and he says he's going for help. I told him he's going in for a PDC which is a Fact Finding where he's brought in front of the Major. I told him EVERYONE at work knows your a drunk! They can smell it all over you!!! (I was getting honest information via my brother who works the same shift at the same facility!!!) I was told by him he had to SEAP out and I told him that. He knew the gig was up because how the hell do I know all this sh!t?!!! I have connections and I know he reamed the LT a$$ while loaded 2 weeks ago and LT told my brother he could smell it through the BIG RED gum dumb dumb was chewing because hey... everyone is so f***ing stupid!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What are you getting out of this ?

You sound very angry and hurt. I am sorry.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I was really angry when my husband was actively drinking too. It's like why can't they just see sense and stop acting so foolishly.

I think your plan of kicking him out if he loses his job is wise. What are your plans if he doesn't lose his job, or goes on an unpaid vacation? Maybe some time apart either way will help you to restore/maintain the peace in your home.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Sorry he's got so bad again Roz, although I could tell from your previous posts that it was escalating. What do you do with someone who has a damaged brain and is determined to destroy everything they have?
Is there anything you can do to quarantine your financial affairs from his? That's all I can suggest, because I know you're already well experienced in coping with his self-destruction.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He's going to have to actively utilize the Drug&Alcohol center. I'm tired of him being a bitch about it. He keeps saying give me a chance. LMAO If he doesn't work a program after keeping this job, he's got to go for awhile because I NEED A BREAK from his garbage!!!

He just called me to tell me his LT wasn't on to complete the fact finding so it'll have to wait til Tuesday when he goes back and I'll sit all weekend wondering if he has a job or not because I'm obviously the only a$$hole in this relationship who cares!

He wants to know how long he has to be sober for me to believe him. I told him 1 solid year! I've been married to a drunk more than I've been married to a sober man and he tells me I need to give him a break. I'm so sick of giving him a break that he's about to go live with his alcoholic mother and I don't give a f***! I'm not leaving and uprooting our dogs because I have no where to take them. He will go FIRST!!! Ya wanna act like a drunkin fool and be irresponsible? Well go live with Mommy and OWN IT!

Just tired of the same old sh!t day in and day out and hearing how sorry he is. His A$$ is NOT sorry!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have my own bank acct FeelingGreat.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Rotz. I know it isn't nice to say, but I worry that his drinking will kill you before it does him in. Stress is a killer.

hugs.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Pia

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
He's going to have to actively utilize the Drug&Alcohol center. I'm tired of him being a bitch about it. He keeps saying give me a chance. LMAO If he doesn't work a program after keeping this job, he's got to go for awhile because I NEED A BREAK from his garbage!!!

He just called me to tell me his LT wasn't on to complete the fact finding so it'll have to wait til Tuesday when he goes back and I'll sit all weekend wondering if he has a job or not because I'm obviously the only a$$hole in this relationship who cares!

He wants to know how long he has to be sober for me to believe him. I told him 1 solid year! I've been married to a drunk more than I've been married to a sober man and he tells me I need to give him a break. I'm so sick of giving him a break that he's about to go live with his alcoholic mother and I don't give a f***! I'm not leaving and uprooting our dogs because I have no where to take them. He will go FIRST!!! Ya wanna act like a drunkin fool and be irresponsible? Well go live with Mommy and OWN IT!

Just tired of the same old sh!t day in and day out and hearing how sorry he is. His A$$ is NOT sorry!!!

When I was making a plan I was thinking the same thing
I was angry then he left
I was scared.
I saw him the other day and now im glad
he is gone, I am happier now than married
Old 04-12-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm not scared of being alone like I was when he had his accident. If anyone is going to leave, it will be him! I have babies that need a home and I'm not the one screwing this family up! If he doesn't want to be the strong and confident man I want in my life than he can go pi$$ off.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You guys want to know what I've been up too? I told you I don't dwell on him or his vodka anymore...

I took the cover off the pool on the 10th. I made a platform for the pump and as soon as I get my new skimmer box and gasket, I can fill her up.

I've also been loving up on my babies! JJ is getting so big and he's so ornery! He escaped out of the fence today to come see me down by the pool. lol I could hear something behind me and I saw him and told him how bad he was and he'd bend in half and put his paw above his head and back down! I love that lil guy so much!

Cuddling with me...

Riding like a Boss in the back seat.

Mummy...

Boobie...

These are my kids and this is their house. We are not leaving. I have plans of relaxing in my pool, tending a garden this summer and continuing to provide for the *kids*. If he doesn't want to be a part of that then he can get out!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Box. I completely understand your anger , I'm pretty angry with my AH too right now.

Ya.know, someone has to look out for what's best for you and it doesn't look like it's going to be him right now. So that leaves you.... Do what you need to do.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! I'm here because I have progressed over the last 5 years into something I am not proud of.And I have read many things here and really like this place! Thank you everyone!I'm a beer drinker mostly the blue ribbon type, Started out then 2-3 which was a great buzz and did it daily,turned into 8-17 a day depending on how manic I'm feeling.I have hit about as far bottom as I can allow.I have a great career,keep all my responsibilities,and am very responsible to the community as I am in law enforcement,no drinking and driving,no bars,just sit at home when not working with only one goal...getting drunk,while doing hobbies,and surfing the net.Less than a week ago I moved out of the house, My beautiful wife and 13 year old daughter just can't handle my bs any more so we agreed I'd separate,but for the purpose of getting healthy again.I've had 4 major anger fits in the last 4 years,and get verbally abusive when drunk,and provoked... and it's been towards the two most powerful and loving woman in my life.All is not lost.I could do a medical thing,could go to AA,but I'm comfortable here.... Right now I am devastated by my actions and the pain I have caused to my girls! After a week separated I hung out today,made dinner and had a wonderful time with them,and realized this madness needs to stop right now,I just got to the point I enjoy my beer buzz so much It's going to be very hard but I will lose my Family,and the thought of that is unbearable.I have a major wake up call in front of me.I keep it a secret and when I'm on the clock serve my community well.The Doctor Jekyll/Mr.Hyde has to stop.Anyhow, Hello all! I understand the importance of open talk,and willingness to be vulnerable. Thank all of you here for sharing! I want to see both sides...
Old 04-12-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Roxy, big hugs to you, he has given you so much stress and acts so selfish with his bs act.
the accident did not kill him, he survived to drink another day and it is progressing.
you are calling the shots here? He will just pack up and go to mama's to drink there?
Losing his job means losing his pension?
That little jj fits right in, what a character , thank God for the pets....they keep you sane.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Yeah Fandy... If he loses the job, he loses everything! Big deal though huh because drinking is more important. I've sat and heard, I will quit, just let me do it myself, I can do it!!! Only for him to hide it better and slide back down the rabbit hole. He told me, Get off my back! So I told him, It doesn't matter if I ride your back or totally mind my sh!t... because you're still screwing up BIG TIME! That's when he asked how long he has to be sober for me to believe him?! ONE YEAR!!!

Damn I'm so tired of looking at him spin his tires and try to give me his BS. He created the monster and only he has the power to control and defeat it.

Hey Skeezicks... My husband is on the other side of Law Enforcement. He is a Corrections Officer. Every year, he puts himself in C4 status which means he could be written up for call offs because of his drinking. 6 weeks, 10 Holidays and 1 stress day with 2 off days is NEVER enough time for him to drink. He used to tell me his job is so stressful and I believed him because he was working 2p-10p in the yard with over 700 perverts, child molesters, rapist and murderers. Yeah, that sounds scary but 3 years ago, he switched to midnights and he counts heads now while the little beauties sleep so I don't buy the bullsh!t story of how bad his job is when they watch DVD's, sit with their thumbs up their asses all night, do 4 rounds around the block they are working and let the felons who have work release out at 5am, ALL, according to him. He sounds like he's in a really good spot at work and most of those guys pull his weight because of his accident!

He didn't report to work several weeks ago and the Capt called him and asked him, What's up? He said, My wife went to work and left me here by myself with the dogs and I have to watch them. When he told me that, I was so embarrassed! I mean REALLY?! I had to yell at him while we were in the store to STOP because he was talking loudly about people using food stamps! I walked away from him! He's become so negative over EVERYTHING! He will find fault with a f***ing fast food commercial!

He needs to take his negative Nancy ass and find a program because he obviously can't do it on his own. He's had 3 solid years to stop since I found out about his relapse after 20 years sober.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulinFLA View Post
I'm so sorry Box. I completely understand your anger , I'm pretty angry with my AH too right now.

Ya.know, someone has to look out for what's best for you and it doesn't look like it's going to be him right now. So that leaves you.... Do what you need to do.
I'm doing it and I'm telling him he better take care of his crap because I'm way over it and being sympathetic to his needs when he could care less. He better step up or he's going to Mommy's house. I need a vacation from him if he doesn't do something!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Boxin, I'm so sorry you're going through this crap. Though your doggy pix made me crack a huge smile. Do they ever hop in the pool with you?
Brain injuries + booze is a special kind of hell. Especially when they start thinking they're James Bond and can be all stealth with the constant drinking when it's really more like Gomer Pyle on a bender.

@Skeezicks, I'm not usually the type to say things like this, but this is NOT the thread for you homie. Either start a new one or hijack in one of the A forums. No one here is in the mood for a bunch of self-serving apologies from a newborn sober baby. Go to AA and leave us be. Sorry mods, but I've never seen Boxin stressed like this.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

LMAO @ Gomer Pyle on a bender because he is just like that! Thinks he's all that (Bond).

The dogs don't use the pool. Boo is petrified of water due to an incident with her walking the water ledge and going a$$ over head into deep water. When she came up, the fear in her eyes... she's never recovered from it. The only water she likes is her drinking water. And Mummy loves the hose. Her and AH could play for hours with the hose and entertain themselves. It's pretty funny if I do say so myself. And JJ, well, we'll see how he takes to it all. He got a bath the other day because his whites were dingy. He seems to like it more and more with every bath. I can't believe how fast he is growing! He needs to slow the hell down so I can pick him up! I won't be able to pick him up here soon! He still my baby though! Bad to the bone too! lol
Old 04-13-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am about to finish up and enjoy a 4 day weekend. He's suppose to call D&A tomorrow. We'll see what he does since he got himself into another hole. I'm just so done cushioning his falls since his accident. I stepped up my game and let him do as he pleased and it's pretty damn apparent he needs more help than what he wants to admit to which I've known all along. I gave him his rope and he hung himself good! I love him but I'm not going to coddle him. He has a lot of sh!t to fix and grow the hell up!

I'm out peeps... I'll catch y'all later!
Old 04-13-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rotz, I'm sorry this still continues. I hope he finds sobriety and you find peace soon, it's a hard way to live, I know.

Hugs