The Progression...

Old 04-25-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm glad the therapy is helping BIR

I recently went back too after some childhood issues started seeping up for me (like your H)
that I'd pushed down with drinking for many years.
They were pretty "femented" too since I'm turning fifty this year.

I didn't think I had any tears left for some of that BS but guess I do.
Your H may not show the tears, but they are there.
I had to hide all the weakness / emotion or get it thrown back in my face as a kid.
There's more than one way to get your a** kicked

Seeing your pool up inspired me to attack my Johnson grass (scutch?) jungle
by the deck and get ours going.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Box, love your pool and how handy you are! Beautiful view!

Glad to see your update. I hope he works on his past and comes to peace with it.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
He's been sober since I last posted and is going to counseling. He likes his new therapist and I like her too. She gives him this look when she thinks he's pulling her leg. He has me sitting in which I don't mind. She doesn't seem to mind either. I keep quiet and let them do all the leg work and if he's not being totally forthcoming, I give him a nice firm push! Then she digs deeper and he's all for it. I told her yesterday, You know what his problem is? She asked me, What? I said, He never got his a$$ beat and that's what he really wanted growing up! Someone to beat his a$$ because he never came home on time, or didn't clean his room, or sassed back someone. So she asked him and he admitted it! He's got a lot of emotional and mental pain tearing him apart that comes from his childhood and that hurts him more than the a$$beating ever would have. That pain seeps out of him every time he finds his way into a bottle. He's going to have to find a way to deal with that. He told her he has me to help him and frankly, I'm too effin tired, unqualified and unprofessional to help his sorry soul. I love him dearly but I'm not a therapist. I'm his wife. That's all I wanna be to him. We can talk through a ****** day but that's about it...
I am glad for you that he has been sober. Your post reminds me of my ex treating me like his mother. He liked being accountable (sometimes). However, there was also a double standard. He could act out, but I could not act that way. I had to be the perfectly balanced example of how to behave.